Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
stranger
stranger
A
https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/5688779/ Por lo visto acaban de subir cambios en el repositorio y los ficheros modificados parecen corrección de errores y traducciones.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Jess_Larian
We are aware of the multiplayer issues some players are currently experiencing. We are currently investigating the issues and working on a fix.

For the time being, we can offer the following workarounds:

For now, we suggest switching the game to DX11 instead of Vulkan. You can do so by clicking on the icon next to ‘play game’ on the launcher, and selecting DX11 mode.

Leaving the tutorial level by activating the transponder at the helm while the player character is downed in combat will crash the game.

In multiplayer, avoid saving the game during cinematics for the time being. Also, in multiplayer avoid listening in to a conversation in COOP that has ended.

If the host saves directly after combat in multiplayer, the game may crash. Save with caution in multiplayer.

This is the start of the Early Access journey and we are hugely appreciative of those who have so far provided feedback. Please continue to do so. Several of the issues mentioned are in the progress of being fixed and we’ll try to release a hotfix as soon as possible. This feedback from so many people is extremely important to us, and we appreciate your patience. We hope you’re having fun!

Which multiplayer issues? Do you mean cross play not functioning, or something else?

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying the game so far. I haven't played D&D in over 30 years(back then it was called AD&D). I just got the 5th edition rulebooks so I could start to familiarize myself with the current rules, so I could understand everything a little better.

Anyway, I'm excited to see where this game goes and how it develops. I don't really have any advice or criticisms, as I really don't feel I'm educated enough on the current rules to be able to speak intelligently about anything yet. I'm really just here to listen to what other players have to say and maybe learn a few things.

So far, I'm genuinely digging the game.

Cheers.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Can we please get a DnD 5e game and not DoS 2.5. Thank you.

S
stranger
stranger
S
(From someone who played Solasta)

I spent 100 hours playing BG3 and realized I should have just waited for Solasta.

What's one of the aspects of this game that makes it feel like more of D&D campaign?

For starters, when your character engages in dialogue with another NPC - it's not a 1 on 1 interrogation. All the party members are involved in the conversation and all of the party members will respond with text based upon the alignment and character traits you assigned them.

While the dialogue can stand to be fleshed out a bit - already it feels great seeing that I can select party members to answer and roll their check. Do these checks matter? I'm not sure. I think they present information based upon the number your roll. It does not feel like critical failures anytime you miss a check.

The character creation feels like an authentic 5th edition experience and the tutorials are clear. The rogue or stealth tutorial seems a little daunting for some players - but just stick with it!

Some things you can do during character creation:

1.You can roll your stats.
2.Pick your class and skills.
3.Set your alignment.
4.Pick your god.
5.Select your background and personality traits.

I created a full party.

The mechanics and battles controls are solid. The flow thus far is pretty nice.

The camera flows beautifully and one minute I'll be frustrated by some graphics and the next I'm pausing to admire how beautiful a scene is rendered.

The combat is turn based.

I hope the designers consider telling a bit more of their story with text, allowing for greater character development, but so far I've been having a lot of fun.

Knowing that this is an EA is exciting and I can't wait to see where this game will go!

If you were looking for something to scratch that 5e itch - I'd certainly recommend giving Solasta a try.

(From me Steven Milner. Username: Stormy)
Also, speaking from a rogue standpoint. If i steal or break in to anywhere and no one sees me. No one should be mad at my characters. Coupe de gras….if they are asleep/incapacitated on the ground.

Why do i need to roll damage. No one in the area should be awoken from their death….and it should be a death. except on creatures of two size catagories or larger. It should be an instant silent kill.

I say two sizes or more because at that size their necks and soft points become too large to do the type of physical damage that would immediately cause death.

And seriously guys. I should hit 9.69999999 times out of 10 on a 96% chance to hit. Maybe a bit more. We are kinda the heroes of this tale. Despite our various backgrounds.

Also a climbing mechanism for say climbing statues or other objects would be cool. Grappling larger opponents to deal damage would be cool. Like climbing on their backs and stabbing them.

Falling attacks such as using a body to deal damage or the characters weapon/s to deal massive damage. A defensive mode for characters that do not yet have a way to act in their turn.

Impaling an opponent with select weapons. Targeted strikes for sneak attacks. Making poisons and potions. Finishing (decapitations, stylish flourishes that end with a kill shot, disembowelment. Also stat based kill shots. Such as 18 strength does a throat rip. So on and so forth) moves upon critical strikes that kill an opponent.

Draining an opponent of blood in combat should deal Hit Point damage and make the target woozy or stunned for 3 rounds. Static combat animations are good. Models sword fighting or dodging arrows in place. Random dodgable spells being casted and flying across the battlefeild.

Also, the ability to actively hide behind cover and fire ranged or magical attack from behind them. Pathfinding for the characters. At no point should a character of mine jump from a ledge when there is a latter six inches from the character. I have had this happen more than a few times.

Please allow us to roll our own stats. I cant speak for everyone, but every so often i like to have a massively powerful character to play with. Adds to replayability.

Why do rogues not immediatly wear medium armor, why cant Astarion duel weild a Rapier and a dagger?

You guys at Larian should pay heed, and take advantage of this, this game "Solasta", is looking amazing with a much smaller crew. Watch out Larian Studios! I am rooting for you!

A
stranger
stranger
A

Originally Posted by Smilner1985
(From someone who played Solasta)

I spent 100 hours playing BG3 and realized I should have just waited for Solasta.

What's one of the aspects of this game that makes it feel like more of D&D campaign?

For starters, when your character engages in dialogue with another NPC - it's not a 1 on 1 interrogation. All the party members are involved in the conversation and all of the party members will respond with text based upon the alignment and character traits you assigned them.

While the dialogue can stand to be fleshed out a bit - already it feels great seeing that I can select party members to answer and roll their check. Do these checks matter? I'm not sure. I think they present information based upon the number your roll. It does not feel like critical failures anytime you miss a check.

The character creation feels like an authentic 5th edition experience and the tutorials are clear. The rogue or stealth tutorial seems a little daunting for some players - but just stick with it!

Some things you can do during character creation:

1.You can roll your stats.
2.Pick your class and skills.
3.Set your alignment.
4.Pick your god.
5.Select your background and personality traits.

I created a full party.

The mechanics and battles controls are solid. The flow thus far is pretty nice.

The camera flows beautifully and one minute I'll be frustrated by some graphics and the next I'm pausing to admire how beautiful a scene is rendered.

The combat is turn based.

I hope the designers consider telling a bit more of their story with text, allowing for greater character development, but so far I've been having a lot of fun.

Knowing that this is an EA is exciting and I can't wait to see where this game will go!

If you were looking for something to scratch that 5e itch - I'd certainly recommend giving Solasta a try.

(From me Steven Milner. Username: Stormy)
Also, speaking from a rogue standpoint. If i steal or break in to anywhere and no one sees me. No one should be mad at my characters. Coupe de gras….if they are asleep/incapacitated on the ground.

Why do i need to roll damage. No one in the area should be awoken from their death….and it should be a death. except on creatures of two size catagories or larger. It should be an instant silent kill.

I say two sizes or more because at that size their necks and soft points become too large to do the type of physical damage that would immediately cause death.

And seriously guys. I should hit 9.69999999 times out of 10 on a 96% chance to hit. Maybe a bit more. We are kinda the heroes of this tale. Despite our various backgrounds.

Also a climbing mechanism for say climbing statues or other objects would be cool. Grappling larger opponents to deal damage would be cool. Like climbing on their backs and stabbing them.

Falling attacks such as using a body to deal damage or the characters weapon/s to deal massive damage. A defensive mode for characters that do not yet have a way to act in their turn.

Impaling an opponent with select weapons. Targeted strikes for sneak attacks. Making poisons and potions. Finishing (decapitations, stylish flourishes that end with a kill shot, disembowelment. Also stat based kill shots. Such as 18 strength does a throat rip. So on and so forth) moves upon critical strikes that kill an opponent.

Draining an opponent of blood in combat should deal Hit Point damage and make the target woozy or stunned for 3 rounds. Static combat animations are good. Models sword fighting or dodging arrows in place. Random dodgable spells being casted and flying across the battlefeild.

Also, the ability to actively hide behind cover and fire ranged or magical attack from behind them. Pathfinding for the characters. At no point should a character of mine jump from a ledge when there is a latter six inches from the character. I have had this happen more than a few times.

Please allow us to roll our own stats. I cant speak for everyone, but every so often i like to have a massively powerful character to play with. Adds to replayability.

Why do rogues not immediatly wear medium armor, why cant Astarion duel weild a Rapier and a dagger?

You guys at Larian should pay heed, and take advantage of this, this game "Solasta", is looking amazing with a much smaller crew. Watch out Larian Studios! I am rooting for you!

Im not sure what your gripe is here? and im pretty sure its a joke

BG3 isnt a text based game, its voice acted with animations,
BG3 has a beautiful map, especially the underdark and the coast with water

combat IS turn based

1.You can roll your stats. (cant rolly but you can adjust how you want)
2.Pick your class and skills. (same in BG3)
3.Set your alignment. (can decide that with choices)
4.Pick your god. (can pick your god)
5.Select your background and personality traits. (can pick background)

Im going to skip ALLLL of that rogue nonsense because you and I both know youre being ridiculous

Also by RAW rogue are only proficient in light armor

veteran
veteran
I feel like it may be of value to point out that this thread was created a while ago, so the hotfix Jess talked about in the base of this thread has been released a long time ago, and we're all playing it (or at least can assuming we own a copy).

Just in case there's any confusion there 😁

S
stranger
stranger
S
Ausecurity...really.....your going to skip all the rogue stuff because by your standards its okay for the rogue to not be seen stealing something or breaking in somewhere, and magically everyone knows? Then attacks him? Or pick pocketing someone without their knowledge and not getting caught...again, must be nonsense. Also, we are not playing in a tournament. Thus, RAW is negotiable. its about the feels. not the rules. Yes, BG3 has a beautiful map. Never said it was not. also, please explain to me how a drunk sleeping, reasonably sized "creature" has the ability to survive a Coup De Grau attack. How is that not an immediate kill.....unless it is just a huge monster? and a more free form climbing mechanism...nonsense right? because in TT you dont have climb or dex checks to climb anything you want. Astarion draining an enemy.....what is he drinking if not heath, seems to be what happens when he drinks YOUR blood in camp? Roll stats...i didn't say adjust...I said roll. it's a popular option, but an option nonetheless. There is nothing wrong with a video game having an active battlezone with attacks flying around the battlefield that you are not in control of. It adds to the "Feels" of a game. Ill admit, I added the Decaps and all that 'cause I am a fan of Age of Conan: Unchained. I think finishing moves are cool. Better still in the contexts of a fantasy game such as D&D. But I digress, I am salty for your comment not for what you said, but how condescending you came off. Like you're talking to a 5 year old that just watched his first horror film and thought it was cool. The only class that picks it god, is the Cleric....these are suggestions that would make the game feel more realistic in some places and feel better in other.

Last edited by Smilner1985; 23/10/20 04:45 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
One thing I've noticed is that the camera controls are bad. Like, really, really bad. I really noticed it when I got to the village overrun by goblins in the wilderness area. You run into invisible walls while panning around. If an enemy is shooting from inside a building, good luck finding them to target, or even move there, because you have to fight the camera controls to even see where the goblin is. This could be alleviated if you opened up the camera controls, or at least allowed the camera to go through walls/ceilings. Other areas make the camera controls feel even worse.

And then you have the issues of trying to move your characters, and get told to try and jump there, because the game thinks you're clicking on a wall, instead of the ground, so you have to move the camera to basically a first-person view to try and move, which is extremely frustrating for a tactical game.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Mirikon
One thing I've noticed is that the camera controls are bad. Like, really, really bad. I really noticed it when I got to the village overrun by goblins in the wilderness area. You run into invisible walls while panning around. If an enemy is shooting from inside a building, good luck finding them to target, or even move there, because you have to fight the camera controls to even see where the goblin is. This could be alleviated if you opened up the camera controls, or at least allowed the camera to go through walls/ceilings. Other areas make the camera controls feel even worse.

And then you have the issues of trying to move your characters, and get told to try and jump there, because the game thinks you're clicking on a wall, instead of the ground, so you have to move the camera to basically a first-person view to try and move, which is extremely frustrating for a tactical game.

I'll add to this, if an enemy is further away than the camera shows they can attack but the party can't target them.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by Valdorian
For me the performance increased when I switched to dx11, also my rtx 2080ti is 20c cooler when using dx11 instead of Vulkan.

Take it from a guy that has tried coding with/in Vulkan. It is NOT easy! It's gonna take some time to get that working correctly, so if you have a Windows-based PC, you're best off just using DX11. Vulkan won't be any faster because you aren't going to unload any of the DX11 drivers when you install the Vulkan versions, meaning you will have two drivers competing to control the one resource (your graphics/graphics card). Vulkan tries to access the video card directly, circumventing the OS, and Windows does not like it when you try to ignore it. I don't think there is a way to unload the DX11 drivers under Windows 10. I think you can do this under Windows 7, which *might*, maybe, help.

You're better off sticking with DX11 on a Windows machine. I know you probably think that DX11 is slow, or clunky, or {insert negative Microsoft comment here}, but, from what I could tell at the coding level, Vulkan and DX11 act relatively the same, meaning, again, two drivers arguing over one resource.

Please just stick to 5th edition game rules and ditch the divinity in this game.. Not a threat just a request thanks. Its really making your game unplayable and not fun for a lot of customers.

I know its odd but Vulkan seems to work and play way better on my Win 10 home x64, Core i5 3470, 16gb ddr ram and GTX 1060 6gb, DX11 seems to crash a lot more.

Last edited by DanteYoda; 24/10/20 03:37 AM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Ok, lovely that you are listening. but.. ....

Ok, so interesting. My big very big utterly ginormous humoungous question is: when the full release will arrive? I crave to explore the full map (I'm stretching my playing but up to now I have left with the undertake and Auntie Ethel).

old hand
old hand
Can you please guide us, when to wait for the next Community Update? Most of the players have already gone through early access, and are waiting for answers to many of their questions. We want to know how much Larian is listening to our feedback. smile

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
apprentice
apprentice
Yeah, can you give us an estimate on when the next patch will be here plz ?

T
stranger
stranger
T
[quote=vometia][quote=Djason]Back in the day, game testers were paid to test the game. Now you pay to test it. Cant even finish the first fight of the game due to 5-10 minutes lag in 2 player multiplayer mode. wow. [/quote]
Early access isn't about testing; that will be a separate process as it was with e.g. DOS2. Play-testers were given signed(? I think) collectors' editions, listed in the credits etc; not sure about pay and expenses. EA is in essence a (rather advanced) pre-pay but with an opportunity to influence the finalised game as well as the early preview.[/quote]

Wow that's harsh....your telling him that he isn't even going to be contributing to the testing of the game just forking over the full game price for nothing (well a tiny bit of bug ridden unplayable content)....way to kick a man when he's down!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by trs31
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Djason
Back in the day, game testers were paid to test the game. Now you pay to test it. Cant even finish the first fight of the game due to 5-10 minutes lag in 2 player multiplayer mode. wow.

Early access isn't about testing; that will be a separate process as it was with e.g. DOS2. Play-testers were given signed(? I think) collectors' editions, listed in the credits etc; not sure about pay and expenses. EA is in essence a (rather advanced) pre-pay but with an opportunity to influence the finalised game as well as the early preview.

Wow that's harsh....your telling him that he isn't even going to be contributing to the testing of the game just forking over the full game price for nothing (well a tiny bit of bug ridden unplayable content)....way to kick a man when he's down!

How can people justify pre ordering any game while whining about this?

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
No quiero ser mala onda ?? pero veo mucha gente se esta quejando del EA haber pensaron que ni un mes vamos hicieron 3 actualizaciones de errores , recuerden que la segunda demostró la gente ni atencion le dio a la creación de personajes , entiendo hay poco contenido pero saben bien el porqué , estamos en pandemia no pueden trabajar normalmente Larian Studios .
Recuerden tienen que dividir el equipo , en contenido y parte de arreglos , pero sumale que deben usar menos gente en sus estudios para evitar el contagio de esta pandemia, no crean trabajar desde la casa es lo mismo ya que dependen del zoom, compartir datos por pc cuando estando mismo lugar pueden consultarse y compartir ideas y experimentar entre todos como siempre han trabajado.

Podemos tener seguramente una actualización capas fines de mes o inicios.

En caso veo gente se queja del EA por que debió pagar , en mi caso yo siempre quise participar en algún juego de Larian Studios para ayudar en su desarrollo, muchos creo querían participar de esta aventura de desarrollo por algo lo compraron ahora no.

Por si lee alguno Larian T_T por favor revisen el sistema de concentración no puede ser cualquier golpe te rompa los hechizos menos si tenemos cuidar no gastarlos.
Los hechizos de concentración deberían poder usarse más de uno sin que se rompa modifiquen una estadística para permitir eso es ilógico que un clérigo no pueda usar buff ya que son rol principal curar y mejorar al grupo.
Clases buffer deben tener un análisis drástico.
Se necesitan más voces para los personajes solo hay 2 voces masculinas se notan son muy grande si tu personaje re joven bueno no queda bien y si pueden dividir pechera y pantalones mejor para algunos queremos usar solo pantalones no quedar en calzones.

Dejando los cambios , el sistema cinemática va fantástico sientes en serio que sos protagonista y su ves esta vivo el juego .
Es triste está pensado para 4 personajes , te limitas a perder personajes personalizados como siempre juego lan para poder crear varios , 6 al menos podemos tener 3 personalizados y 3 companion.
Deberían implementar algo pueda editar apariencia de los personajes tales como personalizados y los origen. Todo bien como los diseñaron pero creo muchos nos gustaría verlos de otra manera como hicieron DOS2 y poder contratar aventureros para crear personalizados seria genial , ejemplos Pathfinder King Maker es un juego te permite reclutar y siguen actuando como originales.
Atentamente Roxeus laugh

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Mirikon

I've had a similar issue at this location. did a perception check before entering and seeing it was an ambush, I came by the back and killed the goblin in the house. they were two goblings on the roof. The roof was not visible only the goblins. So I couldn't see where the roof holes were. I got badly hurt in the process (nobody died and I handle the fight well) as I couldn't determine where I was hidden and where I was exposed. As well, I could not determine where I could shoot them. have border detection for floors holes could help or something. I had to waiste turn to go on the roof while I could have jsut shoot them for down and hide in between turns. smile

I hope you'll find a solution for this.

apprentice
apprentice

The hotfix is ​​far too little for the 3 weeks. It neither eliminates the crash in the single player nor does it fix the impossible crashes which are carried out by items. It's just ridiculous what the fix brings and that in 3 weeks that the game is out.
I have the feeling that all the problems that you report, I can ping my apartment door, the neighbors read that and come to the same thing.

Sure, a few crashes were eliminated, but impossible new ones were added and these are far more annoying than the crashes before.

Equipping the hand crossbow from the Underdark 1 o2 does not matter the game crashes you overwrite your save point wars that either starts over or loads a few minutes or hours beforehand

I don't read anything about it in dne patchs and hotfixes, and it should be on a priority list otherwise you have the feeling that the developer is more or less irrelevant because there is absolutely 0% feedback on the errors.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard