Next Thread
Print Thread
#711621 22/10/20 12:15 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
So it started off as just another average day at work. Some guy got fed to the spiders, that hot MILF is cheating on her husband with the stable boy, and the guards drank too much again. Things took an unexpected turn when I made my way to CEO Razglin's office for today's meeting...

[Linked Image]
I'm not sure why the crowd didn't get suspicious about the unstable explosive barrels next to them but I didn't think much of it and went upstairs to sweep around the skull pile. It's important to keep the evil underground lair clean to keep up workplace morale and make a good impression on potential new recruits.

But anyway, all of the sudden this happened:

[Linked Image]
And instantly everyone turned hostile even though I'm completely innocent! Look at my character, I'm not even in combat! How could I have had anything to do with this workplace accident? Some might say that there's circumstantial evidence against me because one of my fire arrows is missing... but seriously, has no one ever lost a burning arrow before? Any decent lawyer with explain that away with a persuasion check. Why would my co-workers automatically assume that I'm some kind of a serial killer who wants to murder everybody in "And Then There Were None" style while convincing them that I'm their friend? Who knows, maybe those barrels came from that sketchy merchant who is bitter that we're not dealing in slaves anymore? Maybe we should question her and search her store room. Maybe we'll even find some "evidence" to implicate her in this attack....

It also appears that there's a glitch that randomly gives me experience for absolutely no reason at all. Hopefully that's fixed before release.

Last edited by DonutRemover; 22/10/20 12:28 AM. Reason: fixed links
You should file a complaint with OSHA right away. This of course will make it much harder to apply for jobs at other companies because nobody likes a tattle tale but this kind of negligence can not stand. The XP bribe to look the other way is especially outrageous.

apprentice
apprentice
One fire arrow missing? That's why I always carry some candles with me.... laugh

A
stranger
stranger
A
[Linked Image]

Not your fault, that place is a accident just waiting to happend.
To many candles lying around.

Angra #712701 22/10/20 06:59 PM
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Angra
[Linked Image]

Not your fault, that place is a accident just waiting to happend.
To many candles lying around.

I did this on purpose the other day. After taking out all three of the main baddies at the Goblin Camp, the trader and the two rando elven archers retreated into the alcohol barrel room. I decided the quickest way to deal with them was to back the rest of my party the fuck back, gulp down a potion of fire resistance, and then let an arrow rip.

One long rest later, the trader's entire stash was mine.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Yep, I bet that place catches on fire a lot. I'm kind of curious if it's possible to have the final game a little more dynamic, though. Just because important events are triggered or important NPCs end up burned alive, shouldn't automatically make everyone know that you're responsible. For example, Halsin was instantly praising me as soon as I returned to the grove and saw me for the first time ever. Why? Did he see me do something? None of the goblins did and they all had a much better view. Maybe he should be a little more suspicious at first like "Hey, I think I saw you going into the goblin camp before I escaped. Who are you?". I think it would be fun to roleplay some kind of a double agent who follows the evil path and does all these horrible deeds (according to everyone) but then somehow all the evil plots end up failing due to what appears like luck or coincidence. Maybe I'll name this character Michael Westen, haha.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Seriously? Come on. I'm all for exploiting safety issues to shut down operations and firms how could I miss that treasure of violations?

ufff ufff how tired I was after cleaning every and each of them.. :'(

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard