Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#714591 24/10/20 12:18 AM
Xeneize Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Here is a list of improvements/ideas that I think would make for a greater experience with the current campsite system:

- Add recruit-able allies to offer aid in our travels such as a cook or meal recipes that will allow for campfire meal to be made in order to get post-rest temporary bonuses to our adventuring party.

- Random campsite hostile encounters, such as a bandit raid or monster attack that might make sense according to the current campsite location/world state; or a random temporary traveler that will give us a side quest for some side XP or items.

- Give our Undead friend a side quest, especially one that might convince him to lower his prices for resurrection services, or one that may allow us to know more about what he is and why he is exactly following us around(aside from what we can already learn).

- Give any recruit-able ally their own side quest to learn more about them and earn perks to aid in our adventures(With repercussions if we ignore them for too long)

- More options for pets, especially one that may give us approval with the rest of the companions(Exploits aside, Scratch only gives approval with Gale, Shadowheart and Wyll).

- More general campsite life; banter, companion activities, etc.

- Give us the ability to improve on the campsite's installations such as better beds or tents for possibly after-rest temporary bonuses.

- Give companions their own unique traits to campsite collaboration such as negative status effect restoration on rest(or via dialogue) for recruiting Shadowheart, or a temporary small bonus to attack rolls due to La’zael’s disciplinary attitude; or the so acclaimed valid reason for teleporting to camp from anywhere; Gale and a craft-able teleportation circle that can be made permanent with a quest.

- Random Volo passive campsite songs.

- World collectibles and trophies that may be showcased throughout our campsite.

- Customizable passive roles that may be assigned to campsite companions, each with their own unique talent; such as La’zael/Astarion being assigned campsite security to reduce potential raids on our camp, or Wyll/Gale to keep extraplanar invasions at bay to give some ideas.

- Different campsite location/theme according to world state/Act.

- Allow for campsite features to be lost with repercussions due to negative events and a way to make repairs/regain what is lost. A reason to improve/work for our own survival and give a sense of achievement and gain throughout our adventures.

- Collectible unique items that may be gifted to companions for major approval, or to unlock camp traits and/or unique perks to the main character/party/campsite; or access to more companion side quests.

- Temporary bonuses for resisting the Tadpole’s dreams, or embracing them.

- A research table we can conduct experiments on creature parts we collect from adventures in order to learn more about them and gain minor/major bonuses when fighting them, or when making rolls in conversations.

- Rather than allowing companions left back at camp to approve/disapprove of our actions during our adventures, give them dialogue or confrontation scenes back in camp with possibility for us to evade their approval/disapproval instead.

- Make it so major disapproval is clear back in camp, either via poor performance in campsite roles, negative dialogue/banter, or outright departure.

- Randomize campsite companion location from time to time to give a sense of camp life; perhaps offer different dialogue options in the event we happen to run into them in privacy rather than what they would be willing to talk about in public when standing around their tent with the bulk of the fellowship.

- Repeatable campsite activities with companions; such as inviting Wyll or La’zael for a spar or intimacy with a companion we have managed to successfully romance.

- More scenes with Astarion and his little dependency issue, perhaps to help hunting for an animal should he have been persuaded towards that end, or a random traveler that happened too close to camp.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
parallel events that you set and they keep ongoing after you leave would be something cool as well, like the wartable missions you set in DA Inquisition, and cosmetic customization in general also would be nice

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hey Volo, we're running out top check on that abandoned village. Here's some gold...why don't you run and pick us up some pizzas from the local Pizza Hovel while we are out at work.

addict
addict
It kinda depends what the purpose behind “camp” is.

If it is to remain a static area per Act (I assume it changes based upon that), then improvements other than just extra bodies would be welcome. Not saying we need Red Dead Redemption 2 levels, though I wouldn’t be adverse. It’s definitely currently rather lifeless. Just depends how much of a hub it’s actually supposed to be or if most of the ideas for improvement aren’t worth it because other than the odd scene it’s just a quick place to reset your party.

In case anyone else got annoyed by blood puddles around camp -seriously my camp looked like a murder scene at some point (I think two of the worst ones on bedrolls were left by Shovel disappearing) , I found an effective wizard cleaning routine - freeze it first, incinerate after, thank me later 😉

But I agree, camp could use some upgrades. I LOVED Geralt's Corvo Bianco estate - spent hours decorating the place. Surely it's too early for us to own an estate, but hopes up we get one in Baldurs Gate 👍🤩

I especially miss some "team building" scenes around campfire as already mentioned and not everyone should be stiffly standing in front of their tent at all times.

Xeneize Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by brunotavm
parallel events that you set and they keep ongoing after you leave would be something cool as well, like the wartable missions you set in DA Inquisition

I like that idea smile

Someone said campsite mini-games. That could be fun, like I don´t know, archery contests or playing cards or dice games with the party.

M
M
+1
I would like if we can have such temp bonuses gained in camp provided by party members, rangers could hunt for more food, bards can cheer up the mood (attitude bonus), wizards can identify magic items stuff like that.
There are some games which do this very well and easy, there are many ways they can spice up the camping and make it feel more worthy gameplay-wise

Link Copied to Clipboard