Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
When I teleport into camp, 1 of the 2 waiting companions says something along the lines of either "should've have come here" or "intruder", and then turns hostile. When I try to use the bedrolls or campfire, I get teleported back to the waypoint I came from instead. When I teleport back into camp, the other waiting companion turns hostile as well. With both of them knocked down, I still can't rest.

I'm at level 3 now. I've only rested at the camp once before this.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I did encounter a similar issue with Astarion after recruiting him. Fast travel to camp resulted in Astarion turning hostile and attacking. "Go to camp and end the day" bypassed this problem, and Astarion was in a normal state after the long rest.

D
stranger
stranger
D
My friend and I had a similar instance where Gale attacked without any dialogue and it prompted some events *wont detail to prevent spoilers just in case* and going through the events made it so there was nothing able to happen at all. Had to end up reloading.

stranger
stranger
I posted about this yesterday or the day before.
It happened again, today, but i noticed on the 2 hostile members of the party a little quick scrolling text said "quasit hater" or something along those lines. Which shouldn't happen, I'm sure. So I don't know if it's just warlocks or other classes that have the issue.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by phildos22
I posted about this yesterday or the day before.
It happened again, today, but i noticed on the 2 hostile members of the party a little quick scrolling text said "quasit hater" or something along those lines. Which shouldn't happen, I'm sure. So I don't know if it's just warlocks or other classes that have the issue.

I don't think it's just warlocks. My character is a ranger and the camp NPCs still attacked.

stranger
stranger
I made a post on this as well. I've discovered two things:
1) The imp familiar, if currently summoned, seems to consistently make allies a the camp become hostile
2) If you teleport to camp using a waypoint during the day (as opposed to using the campfire button), allies can sometimes be hostile

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Marktheshark
I made a post on this as well. I've discovered two things:
1) The imp familiar, if currently summoned, seems to consistently make allies a the camp become hostile
2) If you teleport to camp using a waypoint during the day (as opposed to using the campfire button), allies can sometimes be hostile

If it was the quasit familiar, then that would make sense. My main character had one summoned

stranger
stranger
Perhaps it has to do with familiars in general, then. I imagine this will be looked into.

journeyman
journeyman
Interesting this is that when Gale turned hostile this way, I was able to knock him out. I then cast a healing spell on him and he came to and he acted like nothing had happened.

Last edited by Thieves Rule; 24/10/20 10:05 AM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
I have a similar issue on my warlock, we just finished the 2nd fight getting into the goblin camp (decided not to talk my way in) and the fight didn't finish. After a bit of trail and error I discovered my character and Lae'zel were partially hostile towards each other. Now any time they get within sight combat starts. If I run them far enough apart combat ends. I have full control over both characters but if they are in melee range they will use an attack of opportunity when one walks away

I had an imp out during the fight
Agent Imp sabotaged the war drum and assassinated one of the lookouts, I'm getting quite fond of Agent Imp
, the imp was also the first to use an opportunity attack. I tried to resummon to see if that fixed things, no joy there and hit another bug. I went from imp to quasit then to a rat. When I went to rat the quasit didn't vanish from my UI but instead stacked with the rat and was shown as dead. Not sure if it's at all related but being hostile with a party member while having had a familiar out does seem to match with this thread.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I also used an imp in an assault on the goblin camp. I couldn't leave combat either no matter what I did until I killed my own imp. There was no friendly fire before that. Now when I resummon any of my familiars they start out as automatically hostile.

I killed Gale in camp when he snuck up on us as hostile and I'm unable to use the scroll of true resurrection on him.

Wylle the blade of the frontier died fast in the goblin fight outside the walls. Can't bring him back. Looks like his storyline is done. How is he able to use a rapier anyway? Is he a secret drow?

Not sure why, I didn't encounter camp hostile for at least 4 play through. But I start seeing them in the last 2, with or without imp. The one just happen with Gale waiting in camp, I start the first long rest, yes, 1st night, he turn hostile.

This kind of random hostile situation with companions/pets/familiar are just pure annoyance.

Link Copied to Clipboard