Next Thread
Print Thread
#714657 24/10/20 01:11 AM
O
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
O
I couldn't find this anywhere, and when I asked for a hint, another poster said he thought it was a bug as well, so I'm posting it here. Sorry if this is a repost.

I cannot complete the quest at Waukeen's Rest Inn. I rescued a politician and some guy that got into an argument with his wife. I took a side quest from said guy, but the place where I"m supposed to get the side quest item from isn't apparent. I *think* it's a gilded chest from the Inn, but I can't open it and I have no more lock picks. Also, when rescuing the politician, the cut scene for rescuing her plays while we're in the middle of a burning building. As we are about to walk out, she then suddenly tells me she will thank me later, even though she already sent me on a second stage for the quest.

S
stranger
stranger
S
The guy's side quest is the one about the Dowry I assume. The chest is located behind the Inn, in the barn. You have to run through a fire area to the left off the Inn where you saved the guy and the building where his wife is. I believe you need to pass a perception or investigation check to find the chest, can't remember.

M
stranger
stranger
M
This quest doesn't trigger for me at all. One person is beating on a door that's not there screaming about getting inside to save people inside. There is no door and am able to walk right in with no one inside. Unable to chat with anyone at the town other than the one praying that tells me to leave them alone.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Yea that whole area is crazy buggy for me. I ran it to the burning building and talked to the politician (through a door) who thanked me for saving her and asked me to save a Duke? I then got a quest completion for saving a man from under a burning pillar that I never saw. Didn't seem to break anything else but so I shrugged my shoulders and moved on, but I was very weird, I'm not sure what was even supposed to happen there.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
I think the sheer amount of fire and stuff going on in that area might be bugging things out, it's also the only area I've found where it keeps track of how you're breathing for smoke inhalation so that might be breaking it too

Link Copied to Clipboard