Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#714782 24/10/20 04:46 AM
Sozz Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Nettie => Raphael => Boar => Nocturnal Visit => Option to Learn who Cazador is. Gul hunter (optional)

I'm not sure about what triggers Raphael's visit, but talking with Astarion after is the first time he mentions Cazador, I thought maybe the first time I'd jumped the Nocturnal Visit trigger, but it seems Raphael's visit is a prerequisite.

Talking to Astarion after Raphael's visit he says
Originally Posted by Astarion
Cazado liked to toy with people too. Let them think there was hope right until the end. Until he snatched it all away. Creatures like them don't play games unless they know they'll win

I don't think Cazador can't be mentioned without knowing who he is, but in this context Astarion mentions him as an entity equal to a Devil, something that we should have some kind of reaction to; For him to name drop somebody we've never heard of like this without at least an option to inquire into its significance is strange.

This is a good catch. I've noticed some inconsistency with conversation sequence as well as some events not triggering when it seems like they should. I agree, I think his mentioning Cazador after the Raphael encounter should change depending on whether he's told us about him or not. (which opportunities for us to have learned before and after the encounter.) I also think getting the dream sequences shouldn't lock out other camp dialogues, like they seem to currently.

Sozz Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by pinklily
This is a good catch. I've noticed some inconsistency with conversation sequence as well as some events not triggering when it seems like they should. I agree, I think his mentioning Cazador after the Raphael encounter should change depending on whether he's told us about him or not. (which opportunities for us to have learned before and after the encounter.) I also think getting the dream sequences shouldn't lock out other camp dialogues, like they seem to currently.

The more I think about it, I wonder if the Raphael sequence wasn't moved up to add a little sizzle to the opening for demo purposes, Considering all the places you can go to try and remove the tadpole, Nettie is the least consequential, dunno.

As for the tadpole dreams, there's nothing more annoying that having competing conversation triggers, I'd add to that the contextual conversations that put a exclamation point over someone's head, I've missed out on a few just because I didn't notice, I'm all for being 'forcetalk'ed to by a companion...almost like in a BG game even

veteran
veteran
Raphel event is triggered after the first time you finish a potential lead. among them is nettie, gut, the gith guys. It has no relation to Cazador. you can have this conversation with Astarion before even learning he is a vampire. The (kinda) simple solution is to change his dialogue if you didn't discover he is a vampire yet. of course, that would require writing and extra recording and shit. another one to the pile I guess.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Sozz Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Abits
Raphel event is triggered after the first time you finish a potential lead. among them is nettie, gut, the gith guys. It has no relation to Cazador. you can have this conversation with Astarion before even learning he is a vampire. The (kinda) simple solution is to change his dialogue if you didn't discover he is a vampire yet. of course, that would require writing and extra recording and shit. another one to the pile I guess.

I yeah I wasn't sure about the Raphael trigger, my first game I didn't take a long rest for quite a while (after rescuing Halsin) so that makes sense, but the real problem of course is that you have a conversation that doesn't make sense unless you know Astarion is a vampire and have some idea of who Cazador might be to him, indeed.

It's not a question of if you can, you can't learn Astarion is a vampire before this convo, I did test it a little. I went to one of the places you can find a boar, no boar, did a long rest that triggered Raphael, then there's a boar, so I'm pretty sure Raphael is currently what triggers being able to find a boar

Last edited by Sozz; 24/10/20 02:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz
I yeah I wasn't sure about the Raphael trigger, my first game I didn't take a long rest for quite a while (after rescuing Halsin) so that makes sense, but the real problem of course is that you have a conversation that doesn't make sense unless you know Astarion is a vampire and have some idea of who Cazador might be to him, indeed.

I wrote two giant post aboutthis problem. it is all over the ea, and worst, all over the final version of dos 2.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."

Link Copied to Clipboard