stranger
stranger
J
Gloomstalker Ranger please smile

A
stranger
stranger
A
Shadowcaster from tome of magic 3.5 but redesign at 5 ed with INT not CHA !!!

Last edited by Amoteros; 19/10/20 08:03 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Monk and Barbarian. I think they will need the most tuning by larian.

journeyman
journeyman
I'd like to see the Spellscar class after you get infected with the spellplague, I think that is a prestige class though

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
i already feel bad about future monk players. larian have shown to not be good at balancing and monk is really shit in 5e. also they already have problems with limited bonus actions and larian added so many.
i am just hoping for a miracle and not even for me. i don't think i am going to play a monk.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by nizanegusa
i already feel bad about future monk players. larian have shown to not be good at balancing and monk is really shit in 5e. also they already have problems with limited bonus actions and larian added so many.
i am just hoping for a miracle and not even for me. i don't think i am going to play a monk.

On the other hand Larians mess will fix Berserker Barbarian with the spam long test button. Frenzy>long rest>frenzy

enthusiast
enthusiast
Give me a sorcerer and bard so I can die happy. wink

stranger
stranger
I assumed all of the classes from the PHB would be in a 5e game.

My greatest wish is to play a Tabaxi monk. Besides being amazingly cool-looking and exotic in origin, they can climb and use claws for slashing damage. As for modeling, tails are already in and horns are similar to ears up there. Anyhow, monks are pretty great in 5e, but only if you build them right. The Way of the Four Elements is a little broken at the moment. Barring wicked cool cats, I'd go for a good dwarven drunken master.

old hand
old hand
Bard (which im pretty sure is coming)
I'm not up to par on 5e prestige classes/arch types or whatever they are now, so ill just toss the names out.

Harper Agent, Morninglord, and there was another related to Selune named Silverstar in 4e but, I couldn't find anything online about it for 5e.

Last edited by fallenj; 24/10/20 10:12 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
There has been at least one thread like this already, but anyway...

I'd really like to see Monk next. I do remember, that Larian are sticking to classes from the Player's Handbook, so that class should get added until release, it's just a matter of patience. I'd really like to see the Monk's subclasses Kensei and Soul Knife, both of which are not in the PHB. Baldur's Gate 3 does have a setting which would allow both of them to be plausible within the game though. The Kensei are basically Monks, who train with weapons and learn to channel their Ki through them. Not that exotic on the sword coast, I'd say. Soul Knifes are exotic BUT we get infected with a mind flayer tadpole at level one. The monastic tradition is chosen at level 3 by which time we already got a taste of the tadpole's powers. The tampering of the Ilithids serves as a very convenient explanation for access to a psionic subclass.

Last edited by Kasai; 24/10/20 10:06 AM.

Qc terxepssrw evi jypp sj aiewipw. Mrjsvq xli uyiir ws xlex wli qmklx wlss xliq eaec. Livi ai ks 'vsyrh xli qypfivvc fywl. Ks, qsroic, KS!
P
stranger
stranger
P
[1] Psion
[2] Monk
[3] Sorcerer
[4] Wu Jen

L
stranger
stranger
L
Honestly? Probably only the "normal" ones that you can see in the player's handbook.

apprentice
apprentice
The original Lawful Good Paladin, would he tolerate a vampire spawn? Or a Cleric of Shar?

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
I can already play as a Half-Drow Rogue, so that's nice at least. Other than her, I'd most like to play as a...

Dragonborn Paladin (Oath of Devotion)
Yuan-ti Pureblood Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline)
Aarakocra Bard (College of Lore)

So I guess for me it's about wanting to roleplay characters I've already made for tabletop. 🙂

Last edited by KingNothing69; 24/10/20 03:39 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Amoteros
Shadowcaster from tome of magic 3.5 but redesign at 5 ed with INT not CHA !!!

ROFL nice, pretty sure there was a tattoo caster also in that book, maybe grafting.

stranger
stranger
Warforged spellsword

K
stranger
stranger
K
Divinity Soul Sorcerer and Hexblade Warlock please. laugh

veteran
veteran
Tremere or venture. One of them for sure

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
B
stranger
stranger
B
Bard in theory should be the best all-rounder for conversation trees. Monk ought to be best able to take advantage of the terrain which is a really element of bg3. Sorceror ought to be good for painting surfaces.

apprentice
apprentice
I'd really like the bladesinger subclass for wizard. It'd be perfect for a drow that worships Eilistraee. Devotion Paladin could work too

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard