Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
cal1s Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hey Larian,

I'm sure lot of people are wondering what you guys been working on lately.

please give us a quick heads up. Any ETA on next update? What can we expect?

Thanks

Last edited by cal1s; 24/10/20 08:28 PM.
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by cal1s
Hey Larian,

I'm sure lot of people are wondering what you guys been working on lately.

please give us a quick heads up. Any ETA on next update? What can we expect?

Thanks

Eh, since we saw no patch/updates yesterday, at this point we won't hear from them before Monday, at best.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
On the one hand we have a very long time so we should be patient, but on the other it does feel like complete radio silence.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
veteran
I got I flood of replies to my emailed bug reports so I guessing they are just now catching up. But yeah, eager to try this patch some people seem to have gotten their hands on.

journeyman
journeyman
I guess I'm just enough of an introvert and tend to self-isolate. Ten days of no communication, I prefer that in general. I might start to wonder if I hear nothing by Christmas. We already had three quick hotfixes. It's not like they can churn out 10h+ of playable content each week.

old hand
old hand
So like I recent;y stumbled across some youtube video about some overly ambitious crowd funded MMO project that ended up being cancelled after the Devs raised over $7 million from backers.

It was like a mega scam and by the time they released a playable pre alpha demo it was nothing even near to what the pre rendered advertisement stuff showed.

And also 2 weeks before shutting it down, they sold a load of fake in game land for up to $1300+ .

I feel like that Jinxed my entire perspective of pre ordering, but here at least we have a solid playable demo and previous great RPGs from the same developers.

Or in a few days time, Larian will post that this game is now cancelled and run with the money ...

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Mythago
I guess I'm just enough of an introvert and tend to self-isolate. Ten days of no communication, I prefer that in general. I might start to wonder if I hear nothing by Christmas. We already had three quick hotfixes. It's not like they can churn out 10h+ of playable content each week.

I haven't communicated with non service people in over 2 years since getting my own house. There is no need for other people.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
With how quickly they churned out some pretty effective hotfixes, I've got a lot of confidence in them.

It's possible that the launch was bigger than they were expecting, and are taking time to come up with a gameplan for their PR. I could also see them taking a short break for morale after they got the game into a relatively stable state. They have probably been working on BG3 nonstop for a while now and it's important to stop and appreciate your victories.

With all that said, hopefully we will start getting some regular feedback from a community manager soon.

journeyman
journeyman
Usually when they're quiet for a while, they're hard at work. They'll post fresh info when it's ready, don't worry. This is Larian, we can trust them.

C
stranger
stranger
C
With early access outselling their wildest expectations, they're probably raising the budget and figuring out what they can do with the extra money. It's a different roadmap than what they had in mind before, so it takes a little longer.

addict
addict
You can track private patch history for BGIII here. Last internal patch was 3 hours ago. There is also a "patch2" slotted in since a few days ago.

addict
addict
If you're already concerned about small lapses in communication now, I'm not sure what you're going to do with yourself over the course of about a year of early access development.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
You can track private patch history for BGIII here. Last internal patch was 3 hours ago. There is also a "patch2" slotted in since a few days ago.

Thanks for sharing this site, some great info there.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E

Just to clarify what I'm looking at, are these patches all live, or are they just prepared so they can load them in when they finished?

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Evandir

Just to clarify what I'm looking at, are these patches all live, or are they just prepared so they can load them in when they finished?

Until you see them release on Steam, those are just internal builds, that MAY or may not go live according to how much Larian is happy about them.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
I received responses to bug reports (sent via the launcher link), so there is that.

I do not mind x weeks of silence. There is a whole year of tons of work to be done. It is fine if they make monthly communications for example.

Nb : your title should read quiet not quite (you can correct it).

Last edited by Baraz; 24/10/20 07:47 PM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Tuco

Until you see them release on Steam, those are just internal builds, that MAY or may not go live according to how much Larian is happy about them.

Ahh gotcha. Thanks that's good to know.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Abits
On the one hand we have a very long time so we should be patient, but on the other it does feel like complete radio silence.

You are spoiled ...
In one other studio (wont name it, sorry) we didnt get any relevant information for more than half year ... then we were told that storywriter was fired, no reason ... and another 3 months of silence so far. laugh

This is nothing.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
W
veteran
veteran
W
Most studios don’t give weekly updates about their development progress, so going 10 days without hearing anything is hardly unusual.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
So like I recent;y stumbled across some youtube video about some overly ambitious crowd funded MMO project that ended up being cancelled after the Devs raised over $7 million from backers.

It was like a mega scam and by the time they released a playable pre alpha demo it was nothing even near to what the pre rendered advertisement stuff showed.

And also 2 weeks before shutting it down, they sold a load of fake in game land for up to $1300+ .

I feel like that Jinxed my entire perspective of pre ordering, but here at least we have a solid playable demo and previous great RPGs from the same developers.

Or in a few days time, Larian will post that this game is now cancelled and run with the money ...

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell of Larian crapping on its customers - zero.

.i.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard