Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Buttery_Mess
Bard in theory should be the best all-rounder for conversation trees. Monk ought to be best able to take advantage of the terrain which is a really element of bg3. Sorceror ought to be good for painting surfaces.

Lore bard all the way. Would be asking too much for the eloquence school.

I’m afraid Barbs will be the new worst class of the game due to advantage scum. Yet, Berserker will rise once again once there’s unlimited resting laugh

~Larian, the Metagame breaker~

C
stranger
stranger
C
Adding my voice to Hexblade. Though really I simply wish they would add all the subclasses and classes from officially released material. I can understand if stuff from Theros would be cut because it's simply the wrong setting. But seriously, PHB and Xanathar is bare minimum.

Oh, and 6 people party size, of course. Anything else would just be rude.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Abits
Tremere or venture Malkavian. One of them for sure

Fixed that for you. laugh

Qc terxepssrw evi jypp sj aiewipw. Mrjsvq xli uyiir ws xlex wli qmklx wlss xliq eaec. Livi ai ks 'vsyrh xli qypfivvc fywl. Ks, qsroic, KS!
apprentice
apprentice
Realistically from PHB monk, if we include Xanathar's, then Divine Soul sorcerer, and Hexblade warlock. Bladesinging Wizard would also be cool.
Most likely unrealisting expectation ? Illusion arcane tradition for Wizard.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Celestial Warlock

S
stranger
stranger
S
Pale Master

M
stranger
stranger
M
SCAG SCAG SCAG SCAG SCAG

I made a thread about this but Bard is the class we need most immediately.

While I would love Forge Cleric — we ain’t getting it.

stranger
stranger
Barbarians, if I can dress them in nothing but loincloth and fur boots. If not, don't bother.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I may be echoing a few people, but my favorite 5e class is the Monk, so I would love to run around punching and kicking and shoving in BG3.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I want to see all classes and the variation found in Xanthers Guide to Everything as well as Sword Coast; which may have overlap. I forget.

1. I really want my Variant Human Paladin/Sorcerer with Polearm Master and Sentinel. I have to see this on screen.
2. I want to use my Rogue Assassin/ Ranger Glomstalker Drow elf come to life.
3. I want to use Lightning Lure, Green-Flame and Booming Blade. Sign me up.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
I mean bard...obviously

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Most of the classes really are already kind of represented, Warlocks feels like a sorc, Clerics can look kind of like a paladin. The only classic abilities that seem to be missing are bard performances and monk mechanics Outside of that a few more spells and subclasses may get you where you want to be. Depending on how close you really want to be to D&D verses Larian light D&D.

addict
addict
Druid most definitely. I play almost exclusively druids and rangers in most games. I just love nature oriented classes.

I am also really curious in how they'll implement the druid wildshape mechanic. I am hoping it'll be pretty faithful to 5e, but obviously they can't possibly have the sheer breadth of options that pen and paper allow, so what forms are added will make or break it.

If we just get bears, wolves, cats, and other such creatures I'll be pretty disappointed. I hope we'll have some more exotic options like crocodiles and giant snakes. And a fair few out-of-combat shapes like small birds and rats with their own unique ability to explore the map. Druids are fantastic at the exploration side of DnD and I'd want that to be consistent in Baldur's Gate 3 too.

It'd be interesting if we could like... Choose a couple forms to begin with at character creation, then need to see new forms in-game as we play to unlock a bigger roster. Or maybe tie the wildshapes you start with to your race and what animals they might see in their local region. Something to make beginning as an elven druid distinct from a half-orc or dwarf druid as the environments you came from would be quite different.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Is "all of them" a valid response?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Fisher
Is "all of them" a valid response?

This +1

L
addict
addict
L
I’d love to see Artificer eventually. Later this month it’s being reprinted in the Tasha’s book and made more mainstream, less Eberron-centric.

stranger
stranger
Naturally these are the ones that I would like to see in no particular order:
Paladins
Druids
Sorcerers
Barbarians
Psions

And these are class-related but I'd like these just as much if not more:
Multiclassing
All of the subclass options that they don't have in early access.

journeyman
journeyman
Druid for me . I am not a fan of shapeshifting, but I dig the spells of a druid.

stranger
stranger
there are a lot of classes from the PHB missing still that I'm assuming are still in development like:
Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Monk, Paladin, and Sorcerer. Personally, I'd love the option to multiclass too as Im usually an avid multiclass smile

I believe Larian has already stated that they will be implementing the classes and subclasses from the PHB. Not sure about Xanathars. Even in early access, I think the one class that is missing and almost essential in any RPG is the Paladin. Plus, that would make for some interesting dialog between the story characters, which is probably why Larian hasn't done it yet. :P

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard