Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#709747 21/10/20 02:00 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
As we know, red dragons are an important part of Githyanki culture.
Has anyone had any thoughts about a big fire breathing Lae'zels friend?

Yes, she is not a high-ranking member of society Githyanki for now, but everything can change during the game.
Also, you can think about it if your main character is Gityanki too

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Guys, I know that there are people who like Liezel. I would like to discuss her too smile
Isn't anyone interested?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Guys, I know that there are people who like Liezel. I would like to discuss her too smile
Isn't anyone interested?

Lae'zel is a particularly unpleasant individual and I'm looking forward to the moment I decide to embed my daggers in her kidneys...

.i.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
That depends if she can survive being shoved off the Ship.

OP I think barely anyone likes Lae'zael.

Last edited by SunTzu; 25/10/20 01:09 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by spaceweed10â„¢

Lae'zel is a particularly unpleasant individual and I'm looking forward to the moment I decide to embed my daggers in her kidneys...

Well, that makes you incredibly pleasant and well adjusted, in contrast.

Last edited by Tuco; 25/10/20 01:13 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I'm not a huge fan of her, but I found it strange that most of the players didn't like her. It seemed to me that this was exactly the character on which Larian bet.

veteran
veteran
I'm not a huge fan of her, but I found it strange that most of the players didn't like her. It seemed to me that this was exactly the character on which Larian bet.

Honestly I found most of the initial complaints about the companions absolutely blown out of proportion, in general (and I say "initial" because now people are slowing warming on them and that background noise is mostly gone), but I have to say that she in particular makes pretty damn hard to relate with her openly belligerent attitude.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
Originally Posted by SunTzu
That depends if she can survive being shoved off the Ship.

OP I think barely anyone likes Lae'zael.

You can just kill her when she threatens you from her cage. Like seriously, all she had to do was say please. Why would I help her over the two much nicer tieflings? She's a gith with a tadpole, just put her down; that's what she would want to do to anyone else anyway.

Back from timeout.
veteran
veteran
Much like the most interesting part of Dragon Age II to me was the Qunari who view all non-Qun culture as chaotic and frivolous, kept going only by a few exceptional individuals; Isn't the clash of cultures part of the draw in D&D?

I'm really looking forward to learning more about Githyanki society and how it creates characters like Lae'zel, who we've already seen betrayed by her people, the start of an interesting arc, right?

Last edited by Sozz; 25/10/20 02:52 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I like Lae'zael but I also really like the Githyanki lore and culture in general. I feel like they captured what it is to be in the service of the Litch Queen Vlaakith and strive for her approval.

stranger
stranger
She looks and acts like a female grinch https://www.pinterest.com/pin/324540716895078227/

stranger
stranger
I want to like her, and she's quite an interesting example of her culture, but she's basically 90% diametrically opposed in approval/disapproval with Shadowheart, which makes party dynamics too hard to juggle.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Isn't anyone interested?

I think that she's one of the characters that will grow on you more the further into the game you get.
Not all characters are as approachable from the get go.

T
T
I like Lae'zel, well I like all the companions . . . I guess Wyll being the least interesting.

Originally Posted by GladeusExMachina
I want to like her, and she's quite an interesting example of her culture, but she's basically 90% diametrically opposed in approval/disapproval with Shadowheart, which makes party dynamics too hard to juggle.

Having both Lae'zel and Shadowheart in the same party is fun, I love their banter. It's not overly difficult to keep them both happy. They are both pragmatic. You can avoid most of the negative hits by being neutral in dialogue. You can do all the good helping people things you just can't begin the conversations with the "I will gladly help you with whatever you need" options.

My mostly neutral warlock had to choose between Lae'zel and Shadowheart for a romance partner.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I actually like her alot. she's loyal to her people and her queen, yet is only semi reluctant to help other races to fight the illithids. joins our quests readily. and SPOILERS...... when the other gith are A-holes at the bridge, side with you.
I believe she is a young idealistic githyanki who believes her people are good and will, as the story goes on, learn that her queen is an evil tyrant (again spoilers).
did anyone else play/read the dungeon mag campaign where the githyanki invaded faerun and it ended with the party fighting the githyanki queen?
Lae'zel is a great character and I can't wait to see where they take her.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Regarding the title of the topic: would you like her to have a dragon pet?

H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Originally Posted by Tuco

Honestly I found most of the initial complaints about the companions absolutely blown out of proportion, in general (and I say "initial" because now people are slowing warming on them and that background noise is mostly gone), but I have to say that she in particular makes pretty damn hard to relate with her openly belligerent attitude.

Forum seems to be very vulnerable to crowd effect. One complaint, people are like ''oh yeah that might be true'' and they mutually reinforce their negative feeling.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
addict
addict
While I wouldn't say I like Lae'zel as a companion, I like the way she's written. The way she behaves feels pretty much spot on to me.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Lae'zel is an interesting companion in the sense her personality is awful but she can be a formidable asset in combat. So it's a challenge as a player to compromise on the fact she has too many balls and no compassion whatsoever and taking her on your journey because she can destroy bosses like it's nobody's business.

addict
addict
I hate Lae'Zel. Maybe if they remove her "ooh you wish you could bed me player" lines at the party if your approval is not high enough I could be pursuaded to change my mind. That or allow us to assert an uncomfortable amount of dominance over her.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard