Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
i can stand with a rogue jump in front of the enemy face , and make a backstab . but i really cant understand a heavy armored Soldier makes a perfect Jump in front of the enemy face and make a 80% accurate attack behind him.
they shuold pay a price for such a Jump near a enemy, at least it should cost the attack chance , while my opinion ist , he should be attacked by the enemy with a great penalty.
maybe the weight should be a factor for such kind of movement.

T
addict
addict
T
Jump is replacing Disengage as an action, so it's basic purpose is to allow movement without suffering an attack. The fact that its a bonus action is a little odd because normally that's the province of monks, rogues, and a handful of other subclasses, but...eh...I think it's fine in a CRPG.

Last edited by Thrythlind; 25/10/20 03:17 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Thrythlind
Jump is replacing Disengage as an action.

For the record I'm hating this way more than the fact that disengage is a bonus action in itself.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
C
CMF Offline
C
If anything I noticed the NPCs can disengage as an action and NOT jump. Maybe remove the dip action and have jump and disengage as two separate actions. Now you can choose to disengage and move away freely but you can't jump in the same turn (unless you have 2 bonus actions) giving more capability back to rogues.

If the devs REALLY want dip, it can be a right click menu action instead of one on the hot bar.

Last edited by CMF; 25/10/20 05:23 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well if someone has good athletics? Who cares?

Maybe I want to create a ninja wizard that jumps to enemies and blasts them with short range spells.

Last edited by Eddiar; 25/10/20 05:26 AM.
veteran
veteran
Jump is totally ridiculous in the game at the moment.

It breaks combat and it is visually worthy of a cartoon or a childish game

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
journeyman
journeyman
I think it’s 100% fine the way it is. This is normal difficulty after all, for a challenge there will be hard and insane. Your 80% may go down to 65% or jumping that close may trigger a opportunity of attack.

Last edited by macadami; 25/10/20 07:16 AM.
stranger
stranger
[quote=macadami]I or jumping that close may trigger a opportunity of attack.[/quote]

I like that idea. Jumping adjacent an enemy should trigger a Dex check. A fail should allow the enemy an attack of opportunity. Seems fair.

Game on, Fawlcon.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Thrythlind
Jump is replacing Disengage as an action.

For the record I'm hating this way more than the fact that disengage is a bonus action in itself.

+1. But I hate even more it's not a full action.

Last edited by Nyanko; 25/10/20 09:08 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Jump is totally ridiculous in the game at the moment.

It breaks combat and it is visually worthy of a cartoon or a childish game

I must sadly agree.

journeyman
journeyman
Right now the Jump is equivalent for Bonus Action Cantrip with text: "Disengage, teleport and gain advantage for your next attack." It's utterly unbalanced.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by macadami
I think it’s 100% fine the way it is. This is normal difficulty after all, for a challenge there will be hard and insane. Your 80% may go down to 65% or jumping that close may trigger a opportunity of attack.

This is not normal difficulty. Larian has said that the EA difficulty is supposed to be hard.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by mrfuji3

This is not normal difficulty. Larian has said that the EA difficulty is supposed to be hard.

Can you show me where they said this? I simply do not believe it. The game is incredibly easy and can be solo’d in its current for, all fights.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mrfuji3

Can you show me where they said this? I simply do not believe it. The game is incredibly easy and can be solo’d in its current for, all fights.

To be honest I can't find the source. I think it was said during Panel from Hell, but I'm not going to search through that whole video. I've also seen others post similar statements, so it's not just me. If someone else wants to chime in here and confirm this is not all in my imagination, it'd be appreciated ^_^

Note: Larian attempting to make the EA hard and you finding it easy are not mutually exclusive. They might have tuned things incorrectly or you might just be that good.

journeyman
journeyman
+1 jump should not so strong. I can jump Lez on top of buildings and stuff in combat almost like she can fly.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Disengage? There's a way to disengage? How, where, when, what, how??????

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
Disengage? There's a way to disengage? How, where, when, what, how??????

If you jump when you are in melee with enemies, they can't use their attacks of opportunity against you. But at the moment it's cheating cause it's only a bonus action. Many of us hope they will change it into full action or change the mechanic altogether.

Last edited by Nyanko; 25/10/20 09:49 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard