Next Thread
Print Thread
#715730 24/10/20 09:30 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
This might be in the works already, and the feedback compendium almost scratches the itch, but still. I'd like to see an official post/thread with a list of known issues (pathing, opportunity strikes canceling actions, missing dialogue, whatever) and/or a roadmap of what kind of changes are planned/thought about/scheduled.

AMA-style short answers on the issues listed in the OP of the compendium would be a great start/enough. Plz?

+1

It would definitely improve the feedback posted. Some kind of list acknowledging bugs the developers know about would be nice. Some information about what direction the game is heading in, what is set in stone and what is still undecided (major topics), would also be a nice update to the community.

addict
addict
I think a list of acknowledged/considered issues is very much needed and would be great in terms of communicating with the players, but a roadmap is (iirc) said to not be planned and I think it's a good decision. Roadmaps are cool to see, but in reality bring a lot of unnecessary problems - players are sure to be disappointed when something previously planned proves unviable and has to be scrapped. And they're either committing to the roadmap and lock themselves in this plan or remain flexible, in which case the roadmap becomes useless. No wins here.

Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
I think a list of acknowledged/considered issues is very much needed and would be great in terms of communicating with the players, but a roadmap is (iirc) said to not be planned and I think it's a good decision. Roadmaps are cool to see, but in reality bring a lot of unnecessary problems - players are sure to be disappointed when something previously planned proves unviable and has to be scrapped. And they're either committing to the roadmap and lock themselves in this plan or remain flexible, in which case the roadmap becomes useless. No wins here.

I agree that roadmaps bring a lot of headache many times, but some insight into what direction the game is taking in relation to the feedback and hot topics would be doable without a roadmap. E.g. no point in discussing turn-based and RTwP if it's set in stone and there is no intention of looking at that option. Same goes for character creation, action economy, etc. There is plenty of potentially good feedback out there, and with some direction it would be very valuable instead of getting lost in a myriad of threads on this forum, steam, reddit, etc.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by frequentic
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester

I agree that roadmaps bring a lot of headache many times, but some insight into what direction the game is taking in relation to the feedback and hot topics would be doable without a roadmap. E.g. no point in discussing turn-based and RTwP if it's set in stone and there is no intention of looking at that option. Same goes for character creation, action economy, etc. There is plenty of potentially good feedback out there, and with some direction it would be very valuable instead of getting lost in a myriad of threads on this forum, steam, reddit, etc.

I agree with the principle, but by saying "100% not gonna happen" they block themselves from doing it; and Larian have said themselves that in D:OS2 EA they were initially very adamant about things they later reluctantly changed and it turned out to be good for the game in the end.

General direction and hot topics, yes, by all means.

Link Copied to Clipboard