Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Klawz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
One thing I love about this game is the writing quality, I've been thinking a lot about what the over-arching story is and what's behind the curtains.

Here's what I've gathered so far:

> The Illithid tadpoles we're dealing with are modified [seems to be true for both the companions and the Absolute]
> There is powerful magic shielding your party's tadpoles, this magic is Shadow/Neth based
> The Absolute is using the tadpoles to infect and control those in power and those with influence
> Multiple factions are seeking a powerful relic [the Nightsong], the Gith reference this as a 'weapon' indicating it can be used offensively
> A powerful cambion has taken interest in your predicament and is seeking control [for yet unknown reasons]
> Minthara indicates she will return to Menzo after her mission is complete. [Interesting as that indicates she's still Lloth sworn.]

Speculation:

> The Mindflayers are using a new type of tadpole that does not transform the host, but controls them, in order to indirectly takeover Faerun
> The Nightsong can be used to hijack the Absolute cult, which is why everyone and their mothers is after it
> Shar and/or Shar's followers are attempting to subvert this grand plan, which is why they are protecting your party

Is there any information I've missed?
What do you think, and what's your theory?

Last edited by Klawz; 25/10/20 12:20 PM. Reason: spoilers
addict
addict
The Nightsong

is a person lol [Linked Image]

EDIT: wait a minute...
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Vhaldez; 24/10/20 08:31 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
The Nightsong

[Linked Image]

You could not attach the image, can you please tell us the statistics of this artifact, its characteristics?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
addict
addict
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

You could not attach the image, can you please tell us the statistics of this artifact, its characteristics?

I would if I could, but this is just a screenshot I found on another forum of people who datamined the game. They also found out that

Act 2 is Baldur's Gate itself, divided into Inner City, Outer City and (Cazador's?) Graveyard.

old hand
old hand

I would if I could, but this is just a screenshot I found on another forum of people who datamined the game. They also found out that

Act 2 is Baldur's Gate itself, divided into Inner City, Outer City and (Cazador's?) Graveyard.

So the Moon Towers will be in Act 1, Early Access?
Excellent

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
addict
addict

Excellent

I am not a developer and I have no idea how the two overland routes get you to Moonrise, but we know for a fact that the Duergar encampment and Ketheric Thorm's fortress are in the game right now. It then stands to reason that all of that + Moonrise Towers will be in EA.

W
veteran
veteran
W

Excellent

I think it might be a bit much to assume we will get that in EA, though it would be awesome.

addict
addict

While it is a graveyard and he probably lives there, it probably belong to the city...

addict
addict
Originally Posted by azarhal

While it is a graveyard and he probably lives there, it probably belong to the city...

I hope they do something with that famous wizard the Tieflings are so excited about meeting. Maybe a little less of the cringeworthy immigrant xenophobia analogue.

Klawz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
[Linked Image]

The nightsong is *the* archon of song? It makes so much sense now... XD

If the nightsong is Shar, or linked to her / the nightsong guild, then that would likely make act 2 a rescue mission

Last edited by Klawz; 25/10/20 12:35 PM.
I
old hand
old hand
I
I think Larian already confirmed that
Bhaal (and Myrkul) are central to the story, so they are likely the cause for the tadpoles not working

N
old hand
old hand
N

What if the nightsong was actually the artifact Shadowheart carries, which is protected inside a gith magic box. It would help understand why the gith raiders in the north are so eager to find it. It might be the weapon Lae'zel is talking about.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There are a few problems with what you've suggested.

The first is that the absolute, if it s a deity level figure, would be directly banned from interfering with the mortal realm in this manner as outlined by the tablets of fate and commandments of Ao after the second sundering. The second is that mind flayers, as far as lore is concerned, would never take such a gamble. Historically they have always showed an extreme prejudice against anything that would allow any other race to learn more of their physiology and biology and have gone to extreme lengths such as purging entire colonies.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
veteran
veteran
Nah. I can see Shar being the power behind the Absolute. The notion that Shar wants to save anyone or anything is just silly, and if that were the story here then it is a gross retcon of decades of FR lore.

S
stranger
stranger
S
The Nightsong

[Linked Image]

What kind of level 1 Human do you have to be to get those stats?

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by Nyanko

What if the nightsong was actually the artifact Shadowheart carries, which is protected inside a gith magic box. It would help understand why the gith raiders in the north are so eager to find it. It might be the weapon Lae'zel is talking about.

According to game files, the artefact contains...
the spirit of a gith general. That is why the gith want it.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Spideyknight
The Nightsong

[Linked Image]

What kind of level 1 Human do you have to be to get those stats?

Damn she's lovely. Modders have been hard at work I see.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by azarhal

I hope they do something with that famous wizard the Tieflings are so excited about meeting. Maybe a little less of the cringeworthy immigrant xenophobia analogue.

Why? It makes sense the way people are responding to the Tieflings especially after the events that happened in Elturel. The druids don't want the Tieflings there because of Kagha and the decisions she's made as the current Archdruid. The small adventurer party with Aradin just don't like the way Zevlor is.
Overall I expect to see more of it directed towards Zevlor and his band of Tieflings. Zevlor is also an exiled Hellrider (Deserter?) which might just bring more negativity towards the Tieflings.
Also, gotta remember that Baldur's Gate and Elturel don't exactly have the best relationship.

Last edited by Seadle; 26/10/20 02:54 AM.
veteran
veteran
This is minor speculation but
I'm guessing that we will eventually find the Eye of Vecna -- which was rumored to be part of PsT but was removed at the last minute. There are two ways the MC can ruin their eye and Wyll comes with one missing. Too many ways to open up that socket for it to be meaningless.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard