Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Does anyone else have this problem? Here's when it happens to me and bothers me to no end:

Starting with the 2nd dream sequence with you-know-who, there are bugs with my character model clipping. When EA first launched, I had this problem. Then after Hotfix #3, it went away. Now it's back with a vengeance. My character actually stacked with the soldier he's supposed to stab. Hilarious, yes. Even more so is when I woke up, Astarion is lying on the ground, in the mud, by the log you can sit on. He's in what I assume is the sleeping pose (since he never sleeps). When I try talking to him, the close up is him standing up. There's no special dialogue either. This is after he revealed himself as a vampire, if that makes any difference.

Things get worse from here. In the 3rd dream, my entire character model is invisible. As in, literally not there, though the camera still believes I am. You-know-who looks to be demented (more than usual) interacting with empty space. That was the last straw for me and I exited the game immediately.

Did this happen to anyone else, and how did you resolve it?

apprentice
apprentice
Yes i have the same problem. When sitting in camp, sometimes i sit on the ground, sometimes halfway in the ground, soletimes under the ground so invisible. I had 2 clipping problems with movie sequences. The one were Astarion bites you, and the first dream. My character is placed half in the other characters. Also Astarion is biting in air....

Which race are you playing? I had this with dwarf but not with half elf. Think it has to do with the length of your character?

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I'm playing a Drow, so I have no idea why. This happens regardless of using Vulcan or Direct X.

stranger
stranger
Happening to me, too, playing a female Drow. During character creation, hands were missing on every model I looked at. Only two hair styles seem to be available for female drow or tiefling. None of the imp corpses in the mind flayer ship are visible when you start. The intellect devourer male corpse was missing. I went to talk to it and in the cutscene I can finally see the female drow model standing in the default game model position with arms out to the sides with an invisible torso model. The elf with the missing skull piece is also standing in the same position. No audio during gameplay. I can't see models for enemies in the first fight. I tried turning everything to medium quality and turned off a lot of the effects...no change in model visibility.

Update: I zipped through all the character models for all races/sexes...all missing hands. Made a male high elf...exact same problem. This early access is rooooough...I give up for now. This is unplayable.

Version: Baldur's Gate 3 (GOG-Early access build v4.1.84.2021)
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070 (driver ver 456.71)

Last edited by Lyrik; 26/10/20 03:42 PM. Reason: Updated system specs & added BG3 version

Link Copied to Clipboard