Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Please add the ability for lycanthropy for the player in the game. I understand this will require balancing. I know many players are asking for the ability to be vampires like Astarion. But I (as I am sure at least a few others) like werewolves better. However implemented I would be happy to test this thoroughly. I would also like to offer some suggestions along this line, and hopefully others will offer their suggestions.

The player race could have a base race as such as human, or tiefling or any.

The enemy werewolf, in the monster manual has immunity to non-magical and/or silvered weapons of bludgeoning, piercing and slashing weapons. I believe this should only be available while transformed into hybrid form, or full wolf form. Also should possibly be reduced to only half damage. (Resistance instead of immunity)

Most lycanthropy is passed through bite as a curse. Would it be possible to make this inherent to the character? Maybe if you make a lycanthropic character, this person can not infect others with lycanthropy, as it is not a curse, but something passed down. This would solve the (can i make everyone in the game a lycanthrope problem that would likely pop up)

I would like to get the input and opinion of anyone who is interested to make this a discussion. Between player models, balancing, abilities, and restrictions I understand this would not be the easiest thing to implement, but would definitely like to suggest it in the odd chance that it may be done.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Need half dragon option also

enthusiast
enthusiast
Agree on Half-Dragon.
As well as other Half Things, provided they aren't limited to Humans.

old hand
old hand
Pretty sure there's a races called Shifter that has to do with lycanthropy. It was originally in 3.5 eberron and second phb for 4e I think. I don't have 5e material so no clue.

If this made it to 5e, you'll probably see a mod.

Last edited by fallenj; 26/10/20 02:16 AM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
I was just thinking of this when I heard we might be getting a werewolf party member. If given the chance with, I would infect my character with lycanthropy in a heartbeat. I just love werewolves.

Also, there are indeed Shifters in D&D 5e. As well as the Blood Hunters which are inspired by the Witcher series, they hunt monsters. However not official, but one of it's subclass is called Order of Lycan where you can play as a werebeast.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Awesome! Thank you guys for commenting on this. Has anyone played a werewolf in DnD 5e? There are not exact official rules for handling a lycanthrope player, other than what is in small paragraph in the monster manual. There are multiple websites that have some homebrew rules. Maybe we can find a way to translate something fun and balanced into the game?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Isn't there a good aligned group of Werebears?

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
There's enough races in DnD that needs to be added before we add player made content.

Originally Posted by Razielim0420
Need half dragon option also

Half-Dragons aren't playable though, I'm sure you mean Dragonborn?

veteran
veteran
I wish to have wereferret. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Isn't this an option for Druids?

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Absolutely there are races that need to be added, but i just want to keep this as an option, since we are already seeing vampire spawn. And in the monster manual, werebears are marked as neutral good, and werewolves are chaotic evil, but i imagine when making a player character we are not bound to these restrictions. Frankly I am not one to say all monsters in the monster manual marked as evil, HAVE to be evil, but thats a different topic.

stranger
stranger
I'd say skip races and add like hidden classes (ex. werewolf, mb vampire) but I'm not sure how you can do it maybe as extra abilities ? For example, you can start as an elf-thief that later does some quest and gets a werewolf curse or something as an ability to shape-shift in the battle to get a different damage or AC type, or it's too OP?

Last edited by Zarangek; 27/10/20 05:22 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard