Next Thread
Print Thread
#716609 25/10/20 06:46 PM
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Is there a way to create and control all of the party members as you can in BG1 and 2?

A
stranger
stranger
A
If you think your computer can handle it you can make a LAN multiplayer game and connect to your own game 3 times. You can launch multiple instances of BG3 from the bin folder which the default location should be c:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\bin or whatever drive you installed on. I did this, but had to turn down my settings on BG3 to be able to get through character creation on all 4 instances at once.
The only notable thing is the character portraits are made based on your graphics settings so you might end up with slightly bad looking portraits but this will allow you to create a fully custom party.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Thanks, I'll give that a go when I get on the PC, not sure my laptop will handle it.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Yep, that works even on my laptop and works with a few variations as well. Make sure every client is trying to connect through LAN.

After connecting all clients move all the characters into your main client in the sessions screen and when the game tells you some players have no characters hit their disconnect buttons. Play the game, group all the characters and save. When you play again (make sure you have the right profile active as every profile has its own saves) you can load the party made of your characters as you would a single player game. You only need more than one client open when you are creating the party.

On a side note, on the starter ship you can have 4 characters and 2 npc's giving you a party size of 6. Unfortunately though when you get to the beach you can only have 4 max again.

If you want an npc in your party (for dialogue etc) it would be better to make only 3 characters as there doesn't seem to be a way to dismiss one of your player made characters from the group.

All we need now is 6 characters in a party and it might start to resemble Baldur's Gate!

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard