Print Thread
#704353 18/10/20 06:55 AM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Its doing that 'funny' math..

I had a couple different instances where the rolls performed did not add up correctly. I have screenshots of the following issues below, I just don't know how to link to this post.

1: While performing an Intimidation check, I succeed where I should have failed.
Roll Target = 10. My character had +2 Charisma and +3 Roll Bonus thus making the Target Roll reduced to 5. I ended up rolling a 4 yet I succeeded when I shouldn't have.
This was when I was trying to save the captured NPC from torture in the Goblin Hideout

2. While performing a Performance check, I failed where I should have succeeded.
Roll Target = 15. My character had +2 Charisma and +4 Roll Bonus thus making the Target Roll reduced to 9. I ended up rolling an 11 yet I failed when I should have succeeded.
Again this was when I was trying to save the captured NPC from torture in the Goblin Hideout

3. While performing an Animal Handling check, I failed where I should have succeeded.
Roll Target = 3. I rolled a 4 yet I failed the check. (I didn't mouse over dice to see the original roll target and by how much it was reduced.
This was when I was running the owl bear cub through the obstacle course in the Goblin camp, convincing the cub to go through the two goal posts

A
stranger
stranger
A
Might be a problem in informing the player about what is happening, but you're probably mistaken. If the game says the target number is 10, it is the target _after_ modifiers. So if you have +2 and +3 for a total of +5 and the game says you need a 10, then you need a 10 because the actual target number is 15 and you have +5.

IDK about the last 2, seems you should be able to pass if you roll above the number given.

N
old hand
old hand
N
It seems the game doesn't know well its own target numbers sometimes.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Nyanko; 18/10/20 09:28 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Looks like the issue is actually the Target number being off. The following screen shows the actual breakdown:

[Linked Image]

The check succeeds (correctly) because I rolled above the actual target, which (appears to be) 10, and the displayed 12 is just bogus.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RutgerF
Looks like the issue is actually the Target number being off. The following screen shows the actual breakdown:

[Linked Image]

The check succeeds (correctly) because I rolled above the actual target, which (appears to be) 10, and the displayed 12 is just bogus.

The image is a clear demonstration. Pretty much impossible to doubt something is off.
At least the actual math is right (i.e. game registers a success).

Link Copied to Clipboard