Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Has anyone seen any until now? The underdark should definitely account for both of them, with a specific monster.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So, confirmed that while Multiattack IS in the game (barely), those two aren't?

A
stranger
stranger
A
I have no idea which monster you're talking about. The only thing I can think of is maybe you're mistaking a spectator for a beholder - they are definitely not the same thing.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Beholderkin but still, there should be at least mechanisms for it. Multi attack is there, which is a step in the right direction

journeyman
journeyman
I'm pretty sure they'll give us lair actions for appropriately epic encounters

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
But what about Legendary ones, or legendary resistances? It maybe depends on how complex the script language is?

veteran
veteran
Isn't a bunch of content tailored for a low level party a bit too soon to bring up these mechanics?
Assuming they will be in the game at all, I mean.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Pretty sure Hags get lair actions, and it's the only creature we fought so far that might have one. As said previously the Spectator isn't a Beholder, and you're not supposed to be able to fight the dragon yet (which isn't in it's lair anyway).

old hand
old hand
I think that in a computer game lair actions would translate better as features of the lair area rather than actions of the creature, anyway.

Legendary resistances will be convoluted to code because it has to weigh the necessity of resisting something and not just use it at the first given chance. A GM knows not to waste a legendary resistance on pinpricks and they'd have to code it to make sure that the AI understands this too.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
journeyman
journeyman
the fight with the owlbear has one i think (at one point in combat the cavern shakes -- camera angle is all weird when it happens)

old hand
old hand
I think that's just the Owlbear activating an "Owlbear rage" power.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Isn't a bunch of content tailored for a low level party a bit too soon to bring up these mechanics?

The campaign difficulty level is kinda mixed up - lvl1 chars shouldn't be able to survive tadpoles, let alone escape from hell!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
The campaign difficulty level is kinda mixed up - lvl1 chars shouldn't be able to survive tadpoles, let alone escape from hell!

Tadpoles works the same regardless of your level and these are special.

As for escaping from hell, I died in the intro twice. First time, the Cambion Commander killed the Mindflayer super quick and one-shot Lae'zel and then me on his next turn. The second time, the Cambion Commander get killed by the Mindflyer who then decide to kill me while I was dealing with the imps.

My biggest success has been to use dash every turn and use the transponder as fast as possible...and not fight anything.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by azarhal

Tadpoles works the same regardless of your level and these are special.

As for escaping from hell, I died in the intro twice. First time, the Cambion Commander killed the Mindflayer super quick and one-shot Lae'zel and then me on his next turn. The second time, the Cambion Commander get killed by the Mindflyer who then decide to kill me while I was dealing with the imps.

My biggest success has been to use dash every turn and use the transponder as fast as possible...and not fight anything.

Seriously? Which difficulty?

At any rate my point is that normally campaigns belong in a sleepy town, not a high-level character environment like Hell

N
old hand
old hand
N
I am not familiar with lair actions but would the creation of small spiders by the matriarch be counted as a lair action?

How about the waking of drows by the spectator?

Last edited by Nyanko; 05/11/20 09:57 AM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
the latter no, maybe the first.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by asdf11784
I have no idea which monster you're talking about. The only thing I can think of is maybe you're mistaking a spectator for a beholder - they are definitely not the same thing.

However, they have, and I quote:
Spell Reflection. If the spectator makes a successful saving throw against a spell, or a spell attack misses it, the spectator can choose another creature (including the spellcaster) it can see within 30 feet of it. The spell targets the chosen creature instead of the spectator. If the spell forced a saving throw, the chosen creature makes its own save. If the spell was an attack, the attack roll is rerolled against the chosen creature.

Have you seen the spectator display it?

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 15/11/20 10:47 AM.
addict
addict

I mean, we don't so much "escape Hell" as we follow the nice Mind Flayer's instructions while he and his army of thralls fight off the armies of Hell for us. All we do is pull a squid-lever.

And even then we would've died if not for our mysterious benefactor.

In other words the DM tailored the encounter to ensure we'd survive. This is incredibly common for 1st level adventures because 1st level characters are like wet paper bags.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So, confirmed that the spectator doesn't the reaction "spell reflection".

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco

Stop making sense.

Except that there is a very powerful 3rd party involved or are we skipping that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard