Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Kav'Dak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
When a character is downed the game should really start or continue the round phase's like combat. I have characters die a few times because it un paused as combat ended and even though i could have gotten to the downed characters in time, the character would die because it resumed normal play........

veteran
veteran
This is a good idea. If someone is making death saves, turn-based mode should continue.

stranger
stranger
I second the motion

stranger
stranger
+1.

Really honestly ridiculous when sometimes a post-fight cutscene happens and your dead characters are failing death saves during the cutscene. Uncool.

Look at all these chickens
Also, I don't understand the three death saving throw thing - I had thought the character would stand up on their own after 3 saving throws. But none of mine ever did - they'd just stay downed with a full blue bar - they wouldn't continue making potentially failed throws, but they wouldn't recover either. Is this working as intended?

addict
addict
+1 to OP.

@The Drow Warlock : in 5e, 3 Death Saving throw successes just means you did not die, but you remain unconscious (I forget for how long ; unless healed 1 HP).

BUT if you roll a 20, you regain consciousness with 1 HP.

Last edited by Baraz; 27/10/20 03:50 AM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by The Drow Warlock
Also, I don't understand the three death saving throw thing - I had thought the character would stand up on their own after 3 saving throws. But none of mine ever did - they'd just stay downed with a full blue bar - they wouldn't continue making potentially failed throws, but they wouldn't recover either. Is this working as intended?

Yes, it's working as intended. You're attempting to stabilize. This is how it works in D&D 5e. You make 3 successful death saving throws and your character is stabilized, meaning they won't die if left unattended. They still require healing to be brought back to consciousness though.

Link Copied to Clipboard