Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
V
V
Yeah, well, no. laugh I got one Act with no conclusion that I have not yet played through (maybe half), and mechanics that I find a bit on the cumbersome and lacking side. I had hoped for more, definitely, but I might get my money's worth though in a year or so, the potential is surely there.

Nope. I like endings. .. endings are the best. I feel ripped off if a t.v. show doesn't have an ending because it got cancelled...so it doesn't matter how much time or effort I've put into the game. Until it has an ending and I can judge the completed story I wont' feel like I've gotten my monies worth.

Last edited by vyvexthorne; 26/10/20 06:25 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Not yet, but I'm sure I will when its finished smile

I never had the chance to enjoy the game fully because my desktop needs a video card improvement.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's good that some don't like it, I almost feel guilty that I do. Because it's like encouraging every game developer out there to launch an unfinished game, which isn't what we doing here, but instead want to make sure this game gets done (without having cash problems) and maybe even be helpful with our "whining" early on, when is more likely to bend things a bit. Hopefully in the right direction.

old hand
old hand
Ah no.

old hand
old hand
Yes, I have. In fact, more than my money's worth, especially since all I've really gotten for that buck so far is the appetizer.

D
stranger
stranger
D
148 hours played. So yes, definitely.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Not yet

stranger
stranger
First, im loving the early access, rly am, i do want some changes and some updates, but i love the game so far!

That said, i paid a full game, so i would say, not yet, my money is worth a full game, have they made cheaper for early access, then ill of course say YES, but because i paid Full price for a FULL game, then no...

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
It's a little bit lean for an EA. With a level cap of 4, there's just not much meat to it and I really hope they add more content in a relatively timely manner. If six months go by without expanding the EA's scope, I'll be pretty disappointed. They should really have made it go up to level 5 so we could at least have level 3 spells, because the actual content is enough to hit level 5, it's just capped at 4 for no particular reason.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Well it's taken me off of FTB since launch and I'm not quite through all the underdark yet, so I say yea... well done.
I still want the finished game though....

journeyman
journeyman
Well I have 140 hours into it and I still haven’t played ranger, or fighter.

So am I happy I paid for early access(which should be the question) of course I am. This game has more content already than a ton of games that are supposedly complete and it looks amazing.

If anyone somehow thought this was a beta and the game and more content would be coming swiftly....sorry you really didn’t do any research or read anything Larian explained about the process, that is your fault and no whining can change that.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Larian stuidos earned my money with just divinity original sin series. So yes I still got my money worth with 200 hours+

addict
addict
Absolutely - how could you not have. If you paid for EA you did for only a few reasons..

1. Love D&D
2. Love specifically 5E D&D
3. Love Larian Studio's
4. Love Turn Based & possibly DOS/DOS 2
5. Love D&D CRPG's in general.
6. Love the concept of EA & want to support the developers with feedback & cashflow to make the game what you hope it will be.
7. Love RPG's in general.

8. Read the info from Larian , knew what EA meant, knew it was capped at Lvl 4, knew it had bugs & all which EA entails & potentially 12 months or more till final release ....paid your $60 USD anyway knowing this - & dont think you've had your moneys worth ? you don't have a leg to stand on really...

Last edited by Tarorn; 27/10/20 06:32 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Not yet, but I did play it quite a lot with over 100 hours spent on trying out different playthrough styles.

Yes definitely (and then some having played for 150 hours). But do I enjoy being left on a cliffhanger for unforseeable future? Well not exactly, but it's what we signed for. Would I love additional content (especially storywise)? God yes!

enthusiast
enthusiast
No.

I wish I had pirated the EA rather than waste my money. What I got is dishonest to fraudulent marketing. Morally bankrupt and ethically non-existent business practices. False advertising and profiteering. A complete lack of self-awareness by a developer that I can only imagine is indifference and ignorance working together to create an incompetence cocktail. The same bad decisions. The same poor design. The same surface level writing spread so thin that if whatever depth or artistry there could have been falls to the wayside. Changing source material, lore and mechanics out of nothing more than incompetence and assuming their audience are idiots. The same horribly broken and balanced turn based system that people have been complaining about since DivOS1 and have shows multiple times with video evidence needs rebalancing and serious effort. The same tropes and clichés prevalent everywhere.

I would have preferred to have thrown the money away.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
apprentice
apprentice
Of course no, current worth is about 20 eur, but that's ok since its EA and just 1th act. There's more to come and I understood that when buying just to support developers and get an awesome game in a year or so.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Argonaut
No.

I wish I had pirated the EA rather than waste my money. What I got is dishonest to fraudulent marketing. Morally bankrupt and ethically non-existent business practices. False advertising and profiteering. A complete lack of self-awareness by a developer that I can only imagine is indifference and ignorance working together to create an incompetence cocktail. The same bad decisions. The same poor design. The same surface level writing spread so thin that if whatever depth or artistry there could have been falls to the wayside. Changing source material, lore and mechanics out of nothing more than incompetence and assuming their audience are idiots. The same horribly broken and balanced turn based system that people have been complaining about since DivOS1 and have shows multiple times with video evidence needs rebalancing and serious effort. The same tropes and clichés prevalent everywhere.

I would have preferred to have thrown the money away.

Thank you for the measured response, free of hyperbole.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard