Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Vhaldez #718327 27/10/20 04:02 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
An easy solution to making Kagha's stance more understandable is to explain exactly what the ritual they are trying to cast does and why it can't be cast with the Tieflings still in the grove.

Have some dialogue mention that the Ritual of Thorns will create a violent growth of vines and thorns that will kill any non-druid in the grove. The ritual will protect the grove as a whole from outside threats like the goblins and other monsters that have been drawn to the grove due to the increased number of people there, but it would also kill the refugees if they stuck around.

The current story kind of implies this with the ritual being seen as a bad thing, but at least I didn't come across any dialogue that outright states it.

This would change matters considerably as the last line of defense the druids have literally cannot be enacted so long as the refugees are in the grove. Therefore the longer the refugees stay the more danger the grove is in. It isn't just about the food. The refugees are also crippling the grove's defenses just by being in the way.

You could also showcase why the refugees are a problem more too. Show how this large population of people is depleting the region of natural resources. Goodberry covers food, though every spell slot dedicated to feeding the refugees are spell slots that aren't being used to heal wild animals, mend diseased trees, and maintaining the health of the region. The tieflings would also need to be chopping down trees for firewood to keep warm at night, dirtying once clean water sources with their waste and bathing, and just all around making noise and disrupting the natural tranquility of the grove. One of the children literally tried to steal the druid's holy symbol too. I'm sure this isn't the first instance of one of the little scamps getting into something they shouldn't out of ignorance for the druids' religion and duties.

Large concentrations of humans is almost never good for the local ecosystem. More stress can be put on that point.

As far as Kagha not being very rewarding if you side with her? Yah. I think that is a major problem with choosing the villainous options in the game in general. I tried to do an evil run with my Lawful Evil Githyanki but upon meeting Minthara she didn't... Offer anything. At all. I had no clear incentive to side with her.

If Kagha suggested she could help remove the tadpole if she weren't pre-occupied with the refugee problem that would immediately make her more desirable to side with. Rather than chasing after a possibly dead Halsin your character would have a more immediately solution in front of them. In the end she can't help you of course, but have her make an effort before sending you on your way. Maybe give you some magic druid artifact for your trouble as a consolation prize.

Vhaldez #718397 27/10/20 07:07 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
S
Banned
Offline
Banned
S
Joined: Oct 2020
All of that is reasonable and obviously missing in the whole subplot. I suggested the same because its all obvious common sense.

I would like to see clarification that stealing the idol was done to protect the kids parents - which is also really, really obvious, and not just stealing it as a prank, or to sell it. This must be available as a dialogue option in the trial.
That attempt to steal the idol can be a nice little side addition to the gang of kids that hide in the caves and one that sells "magical" trinkets. Kids trying to do something but going about it in a wrong way out of desperation and - being kids.

A group of Goonies, yeah?
And then you go "Hey kids, youre just messing things up, the situation is very tense and what you did may have just started a conflict inside the Grove and turned the Druids against you. You almost caused a catastrophe. Let me handle this."
Add some actual sliding down some tunnels Goonies style to find a small treasure and fight some monster - first hint there is Underdark somewhere bellow the Grove. There is a kid in the caves who has some kind of issue but that sub quest bugged out for me, tie all that up with a few basic options to close it.

Another important fact - issue that cannot be overlooked is the question of the attacking force. That cannot be just left out of Druids considerations. Kahga especially would be interested in who and what and why of it.
And while the ritual can maybe protect the Grove in the moment - how long that separation would last also needs to be considered - especially when a third force is in the area destroying everything and unbalancing the nature.
For christ sake the inner Druid Sanctum is full of frescos depicting how Druids fought the dark forces, right?
Harpers are involved, in the area.

Would the Ritual be completely impervious to everything outside forces can do? Do they mean to stay locked up forever? Is that really a solution?

What if the Grove can be breached through the Underdark - connection you discover in the Gonnies subplot?

Could evil players use that later on to breach the sealed Grove from the inside as it were? Trade that info or abuse it themselves? Run into a cabal of Shadow druids that took over the Grove once it was sealed and are trying to corrupt and expand the ritual so it destroys everything?

All these options become naturally available if you just respect the established specifics of the lore and the setting and basic common sense.



I dont think Kahga needs to offer another tadpole "solution" or be told about it. We are already telling about our tadpole to way too many people as it is. We dont need another false hope or giving that info to people we dont know. (Unless its done as a obvious mistake with bad consequences later on)
The evil players do not need to become buddies with every other evil character or plot. In fact, being evil would work against that.
Kahga, being a Shadow Druid would consider everyone else the enemy and the player would discover that and her situation then needs to be solved along those lines. Even if the player is playing evil Kahga and Shadow druids would be competition, not allies.

This would also remove the "im evil lets just kill everyone muahahaha" evil gameplay a lot of players are already complaining about, and give them some more interesting options, gameplay and consequences.

Vhaldez #718426 27/10/20 07:45 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Halsin and Kagha's personalities clash so much that I honestly have trouble believing they once led the same grove. Sealing the whole place off from the outside is totally counter to Halsin's philosophy of being in nature and away from the duties of ruling. How did Kagha (and Olodan through her) manage to convince the entire circle of the opposite beliefs of Halsin? Has he been gone for decades or something?

Surface R #718524 27/10/20 09:30 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Surface R

I dont think Kahga needs to offer another tadpole "solution" or be told about it. We are already telling about our tadpole to way too many people as it is. We dont need another false hope or giving that info to people we dont know. (Unless its done as a obvious mistake with bad consequences later on)
The evil players do not need to become buddies with every other evil character or plot. In fact, being evil would work against that.
Kahga, being a Shadow Druid would consider everyone else the enemy and the player would discover that and her situation then needs to be solved along those lines. Even if the player is playing evil Kahga and Shadow druids would be competition, not allies.

This would also remove the "im evil lets just kill everyone muahahaha" evil gameplay a lot of players are already complaining about, and give them some more interesting options, gameplay and consequences.



Giving Kagha a means to aid the player would reduce the "maniac evil PC" problem because if she had a solution then siding with her would be a choice that would make sense for a self interested, rational, but ultimately amoral person to choose.

As is she offers nothing. You as the player are looking for a way to fix the tadpole problem. She asks you to get the tieflings to leave. Why would you do this unless you just hate tieflings? Generally you wouldn't because there is nothing to be gained for risking your life. But if she could offer something the PC wants while the tieflings don't an evil character has a strong reason to consider her offer and do something horrible for their own gain.

This also enriches the choice to side with the tieflings because it means your good aligned character is turning down a potential way to save their own life because they refuse to do something morally repugnant.

It adds nuance to the choice.

As for the consequences of choosing the evil option of siding with Kagha? I assume how you handle this will influence Act 2 when you run into the tieflings again in Baldur's Gate. Or don't as they're all dead.

By and large that should be how the good vs evil choices are handled. Evil gives immediate, short term gains but cut out options later in the game because of your actions while good choices are crippling in the short term due to your sacrifices but have big pay offs later in the game when you run into people you've helped before.

SaurianDruid #718531 27/10/20 09:38 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid

Giving Kagha a means to aid the player would reduce the "maniac evil PC" problem because if she had a solution then siding with her would be a choice that would make sense for a self interested, rational, but ultimately amoral person to choose.

As is she offers nothing. You as the player are looking for a way to fix the tadpole problem. She asks you to get the tieflings to leave. Why would you do this unless you just hate tieflings? Generally you wouldn't because there is nothing to be gained for risking your life. But if she could offer something the PC wants while the tieflings don't an evil character has a strong reason to consider her offer and do something horrible for their own gain.

This also enriches the choice to side with the tieflings because it means your good aligned character is turning down a potential way to save their own life because they refuse to do something morally repugnant.

It adds nuance to the choice.

As for the consequences of choosing the evil option of siding with Kagha? I assume how you handle this will influence Act 2 when you run into the tieflings again in Baldur's Gate. Or don't as they're all dead.

By and large that should be how the good vs evil choices are handled. Evil gives immediate, short term gains but cut out options later in the game because of your actions while good choices are crippling in the short term due to your sacrifices but have big pay offs later in the game when you run into people you've helped before.


The "evil" path does this right now and has you betray the Tieflings in order to gain a potential cure / solution to the parasite problem through Minthara and the Absolute. The problem is that this also leads to every single other option becoming completely unviable (Halsin dies or is otherwise out of the picture). Kagha has no solution for you because if you "side with" her, Halsin gets locked out of the grove and helps you anyway.

Vhaldez #718568 27/10/20 10:15 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
S
Banned
Offline
Banned
S
Joined: Oct 2020
No.

Having Kahga be yet another "i have a solution" NPC is a cheap and superficial approach. With nothing to achieve because that too unavoidably turns out to be not true.
We already have that with Nattie and Halsin - and Gith patrol. And auntie Ethel. And the godamn Goblins who dont even know they have tadpoles implanted and refuse to believe it.

Having yet another same - false solution promise - is uninspired, unimaginative, cheap and too repetitive. I would like to have some other kind of content then "looking for a healer who cant heal the problem" thanks.
Its not like its a realistic option anyway - because the whole game is based on your issue with tadpoles and their effects - so ofcourse we wont be able to solve it in act 1, or 2.
And i sure dont intend to go around whole game world telling every major NPC is have a illithid tadpole in my head.
Its supposed to be a secret, ffs.

Helping Tieflings does not need to be tied to this game over solution to the tadpoles - at all.
Not every godamn sub quest needs to be about it - directly. It can just be a consequence of other decisions you make, that you are forced to make. And personal preferences of the players.
The whole world does not need to be just about you and your godamn tadpoles.

You find yourself in that situation - and you cant just do nothing anyway. Sure you can just stealth through and into the Underdark - for lols, just because, any maybe you can do similar in the rest of the game (i hihgly doubt it) but that means you will skip most of the content of the game. You may as well simply uninstall it. Btw, this also makes Shadowheart nagging about not getting involved completely nonsensical. If you are to find a healer - you have to get godamn involved.
One way or another.

And no, reducing everything into two extremes of good OR evil does not add any nuance. It removes it.
Having every major NPC offering a false solution also doesnt add nuance - it removes it.


Last edited by Surface R; 27/10/20 10:16 AM.
Surface R #718603 27/10/20 10:45 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
[quote=SaurianDruid]

The "evil" path does this right now and has you betray the Tieflings in order to gain a potential cure / solution to the parasite problem through Minthara and the Absolute. The problem is that this also leads to every single other option becoming completely unviable (Halsin dies or is otherwise out of the picture). Kagha has no solution for you because if you "side with" her, Halsin gets locked out of the grove and helps you anyway.


Really? Because Minthara didn't offer me anything. She just commanded that I attack the Grove without offering anything at all to me to do it.

Originally Posted by Surface R
No.

Having Kahga be yet another "i have a solution" NPC is a cheap and superficial approach. With nothing to achieve because that too unavoidably turns out to be not true.
We already have that with Nattie and Halsin - and Gith patrol. And auntie Ethel. And the godamn Goblins who dont even know they have tadpoles implanted and refuse to believe it.

Having yet another same - false solution promise - is uninspired, unimaginative, cheap and too repetitive. I would like to have some other kind of content then "looking for a healer who cant heal the problem" thanks.


The problem is that the early game is very, very urgent about you finding a healer as soon as possible so any path that doesn't offer at least the possibility of a cure feels unnatural to choose. It should be the top priority of any character, good or evil, unless for some reason they really like the idea of having their soul snuffed out and body transformed into a Mind Flayer. Any choice that doesn't lead toward a cure of some sort seems forced because of that. Your character would only ever consider it if they somehow already knew they weren't going to transform in a matter of days.

Even if not a cure though, Kagha still needs to offer something to entice you to help her. Maybe she does some druid magic that is supposed to slow your transformation. Or maybe she just points you in the direction of a different solution. Maybe she knows about Ethel and directs you to the swamp area for help.

But if you really insist on her not being able to help with the tadpole at all she needs to at least offer something. Something enticing too if she expects you to put your life or death, immediately urgent quest on hold to do it.

Vhaldez #718696 27/10/20 12:25 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
S
Banned
Offline
Banned
S
Joined: Oct 2020
There is nothing urgent about the condition. The start of the game, the intro and first immediate five minutes push that angle but there is no actual need or reason for it.

The actual experience of the gameplay is designed directly opposite to any kind of urgency.
Most of the plot and revelations about the condition get revealed through companions interaction which doesn't happen without resting. And the first bigger effects also happen during or within resting periods.
The whole experience of actually playing doesn't have anything to do with any kind of urgency about it.

You may want to spend the game repeatedly going from one major NPC to another and asking everyone for a solution and reveling to everyone your condition. I dont.
I would rather have additional different content that would make the world feel more alive, that may be connected to our quest in different ways. Sometimes more, sometimes less, and sometimes not at all.


Last edited by Surface R; 27/10/20 12:26 PM.
Vhaldez #718998 27/10/20 04:12 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by Bossk_Hogg
[quote=Vhaldez][quote=Bossk_Hogg]
Have you redeemed her yet? She thanks you for pulling her back from the brink and reflects on what she almost did.


I did, and Olodan and her cabal just up and disappear lol. As if they are only there so you have something to fight during the confrontation scene when you know Kagha is a shadow druid. In my first "kill Kagha" run on Zevlor's behalf I thunderwaved the three mice (who were throwing fire and acid at me...) and these three people popped out of thin air. Druids are not a good narrative vehicle for the story they want to tell with the Tieflings and I have a sneaking suspicion that once we get to Baldur's Gate they will just do this one all over again with the townsfolk there.


Weird, I had some issues with my cinematic as well. The mice are the shadow druids, and their evil is foreshadowed if you speak with them using speak with animals as they are pretty nasty (though not as rude as Timber... F you squirrel!). They break the wildshape and command Kagha to purge you. If you succeed in religion/ranger/elf she turns against them and the three shadow druids fight you, Kagha, Rath and the two other rando druids. Otherwise the randos and I think the snotty librarian guy fight you and Rath.

The druids work well IMO. They've tended to have an isolationist attitude, given Silvanus has an alignment of Neutral. The tieflings present an easy scapegoat to further the shadow druids agenda. There's racism at play, but also that they arent druids so are less subservient to her. She doesnt want them locked in with her while she continues her work of converting the rest of the circle because they present a clear ally for those druids who might balk at joining the shadow circle.

Last edited by Bossk_Hogg; 27/10/20 04:15 PM.
Bossk_Hogg #719006 27/10/20 04:16 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by Bossk_Hogg

The druids work well IMO. They've tended to have an isolationist attitude, given Silvanus has an alignment of Neutral. The tieflings present an easy scapegoat to further the shadow druids agenda. There's racism at play, but also that they arent druids.


But these druids don't. Halsin is a perfect xenophile good guy and he has led the grove for an innumerable amount of time before Kagha stepped in. Were all the druids secretly racists who hated Halsin? Is Halsin a huge blowhard who was the only thing standing in the circle's way to becoming a hate group? It should not be possible to manipulate such a small grove so strongly without making uncomfortable implications about the true nature of the people living in it.

Vhaldez #719154 27/10/20 05:57 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
C
stranger
Offline
stranger
C
Joined: Oct 2020
From my point of view, most of you are overthinking all of this. With that kind of criticism even real history doesn't seem to make sense. Here is the story i felt i was told about during my play.

There was a druid grove in a savage but peacefull land. They lived here and made their druidic stuff, helping travelers who needed it but keeping mostly to themselves. Until that balance was broken by goblins and other malicious species, unprecedently organised and driven by a new faith. Doing their stuff and event venturing outside became dangerous, and staying hidden became more important. They could defend themselves but not able to take down an army. But they still offered safe harbour when a large group of weak refugees from Elturel was nearly slaughtered by this new threat, because it was their duty, the rule of the grove. But living with all those strangers now trapped here is not the same as helping the occasionnal fellow passing by, and so tensions arose, as a powerfull but impatient druid voiced the feeling of many : the strangers should be casted out whatever the consequences for them, since their presence incresed the risk for the grove to be found and invaded by an army. Their leader argued that this would be the destruction of the grove in another way, cause its role was to be a shelter in those lands. Leaded by a darker faction of their cult eager to gain another sanctuary in their grasp, and as their true leader vanished, the second took the decision to seal the grove no matter what, and seek for the best option to do it peacefully. Ultimatum, use of mercenaries to protect the refugee or force them off, anything as long as they're gone. Better the grove under Shadow druid rule than no grove at all, and darkness could be the way to survive those dark times. It could have lead to refugees finally succombing to this evil army or escaping them, to an armed conflict inside the grove where the druids would surely have prevailed, but in all outcomes the grove was still there and defended by those thorns. But since plot armored PCs came and defeated singlehandly this army, their bosses, saved the grove leader, and maybe save 2 children, killed the hag, and burnt a red dragon with magic barrels, the grove was saved without having to change to adapt to a newly hostile land. And Halsin could play his 'wise and forgiving good guy who was right all along' act.

I'm trolling a little at the end, but really, all those stories need to be crafted so we decide the outcome/are the solution. So of course other characters of the world make clearly identifiable mistakes and lack some kind of action power. It's an rpg.

But i find this story very believable and consistent. If your home was invaded, would you go outside and try to oppose the invaders or stay with your family in the most hidden and defendable place you can find, and wait for the danger to pass? And how many of the others would you take with you, and how different?

I didn't even need to considere the fact that we're talking about a bunch of hell spawn people to make sense of how this story got where i find it.

Cendre #719167 27/10/20 06:04 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by Cendre
From my point of view, most of you are overthinking all of this. With that kind of criticism even real history doesn't seem to make sense. Here is the story i felt i was told about during my play.


It's a bunch of innocent refugees being scapegoated by a demagogue as the source of the community's problems until an outside force solves these problems and teaches the community leader the error of their ways by having their true leader step in and reprimand them. After which this true leader gives a speech about the value of outsiders. Now the rest of BG3 will be about following these innocent refugees along the road to happiness and assisting them against the dangers of Faerûn as well as the bigotry of its inhabitants.

Tiefling lives matter.

Surface R #719649 27/10/20 11:05 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Surface R
There is nothing urgent about the condition. The start of the game, the intro and first immediate five minutes push that angle but there is no actual need or reason for it.

The actual experience of the gameplay is designed directly opposite to any kind of urgency.
Most of the plot and revelations about the condition get revealed through companions interaction which doesn't happen without resting. And the first bigger effects also happen during or within resting periods.
The whole experience of actually playing doesn't have anything to do with any kind of urgency about it.

You may want to spend the game repeatedly going from one major NPC to another and asking everyone for a solution and reveling to everyone your condition. I dont.
I would rather have additional different content that would make the world feel more alive, that may be connected to our quest in different ways. Sometimes more, sometimes less, and sometimes not at all.




Nothing urgent? I am not sure we played the same game.

You're told very early on by everyone you meet that you have only days, maybe hours, before your soul is snuffed out and transformed into a monster. Nettie tries to murder you because she is worried you'll change before Halsin is found again. When you rest your companions ask if it is wise to make camp knowing you may all turn.

The gameplay may not encourage that sense of urgency but the story does. The characters don't calm down about the tadpole until after a couple long rests and they start to wonder why they've not turned already.

Also if you don't want to tell everyone about your tadpole that is absolutely already an option. You can keep it secret and not tell anyone if you want, but you should also have the option of telling people in hopes of finding a cure. With potential bad outcomes to go along with it if you talk about it to the wrong person, like when you ask Gut to cure you.

Anyway, we're veering off course. We shouldn't derail the thread. This is about Kagha and how we can make her side more justifiable or at least rewarding.

Vhaldez #719753 28/10/20 12:41 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Kagha's actions seem unreasonable because we don't know her motives yet. But she was trying to achieve something on behalf of shadow's druids . There's a note about it near the encounters with shadows at the swamp.

So the whole " purge the heresy" bs from kagha might be a way for her to justify closing the grove. " If they came here, more will come". Also the absolute wants to attack the grove and it has nothing to do with the refugees.

Her actions seem to be a bit unreasonable but with the absolute, bhaal being teased in various notes and the shadow druid thing ... I think there's more to it. I think khaga is not a silly psychopath. She has an objective and she's extremely bad and putting it into place.

Last edited by virion; 28/10/20 12:41 AM.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
virion #719754 28/10/20 12:42 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by virion
Kagha's actions seem unreasonable because we don't know her motives yet. But she was trying to achieve something on behalf of shadow's druids .


Her chest is behind the attached library behind the shelves. There is a letter to her there that says to go to the tree. You go, read it, confront her. Win some rolls and she roughly tells you her motives. Win some more, she joins you, accepts punishment. Classic "how did I become so blind" storyline that you helped her see the wrongness of her ways.


What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
virion #720007 28/10/20 07:58 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by virion
Kagha's actions seem unreasonable because we don't know her motives yet. But she was trying to achieve something on behalf of shadow's druids . There's a note about it near the encounters with shadows at the swamp.

So the whole " purge the heresy" bs from kagha might be a way for her to justify closing the grove. " If they came here, more will come". Also the absolute wants to attack the grove and it has nothing to do with the refugees.

Her actions seem to be a bit unreasonable but with the absolute, bhaal being teased in various notes and the shadow druid thing ... I think there's more to it. I think khaga is not a silly psychopath. She has an objective and she's extremely bad and putting it into place.


Kagha is being manipulated by Olodan who is acting by the beliefs of a BG1 throwback character. Where Olodan comes from or how she managed to just walk into Halsin's circle with her cabal and puppet the interim leader, we don't know. I doubt it will be explained in Act 2 and beyond though. Her story is done.

Vhaldez #720019 28/10/20 08:09 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by virion
Kagha's actions seem unreasonable because we don't know her motives yet. But she was trying to achieve something on behalf of shadow's druids . There's a note about it near the encounters with shadows at the swamp.

So the whole " purge the heresy" bs from kagha might be a way for her to justify closing the grove. " If they came here, more will come". Also the absolute wants to attack the grove and it has nothing to do with the refugees.

Her actions seem to be a bit unreasonable but with the absolute, bhaal being teased in various notes and the shadow druid thing ... I think there's more to it. I think khaga is not a silly psychopath. She has an objective and she's extremely bad and putting it into place.


Kagha is being manipulated by Olodan who is acting by the beliefs of a BG1 throwback character. Where Olodan comes from or how she managed to just walk into Halsin's circle with her cabal and puppet the interim leader, we don't know. I doubt it will be explained in Act 2 and beyond though. Her story is done.



If you pass the persuade rolls she tells you the letters just started appearing one day warning her of the immitent goblin threat and how the grove was bound to fall sooner or later, so she took the deal out of desperation to protect her own. To me it seemed like yet another branch of the Absolute wanting the druid circle out of the picture one way or the other. It's true however she just comes off as a psychotic maniac if you fail your persuades.

Azarielle #720027 28/10/20 08:17 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by Azarielle

If you pass the persuade rolls she tells you the letters just started appearing one day warning her of the immitent goblin threat and how the grove was bound to fall sooner or later, so she took the deal out of desperation to protect her own. To me it seemed like yet another branch of the Absolute wanting the druid circle out of the picture one way or the other. It's true however she just comes off as a psychotic maniac if you fail your persuades.


It's going to be a real shocker when we find out everyone we have ever met is secretly working for the Absolute. Isn't it more likely Olodan is just doing what Shadow Druids are apparently known for and is thus working independently? If not then there were two conflicting plans operating at the same time on the Absolute's part.

Three if you count Zevlor, who has been revealed to be a spy through his voice line leak. This might not be in the game anymore though,

Vhaldez #720106 28/10/20 09:54 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by Azarielle

If you pass the persuade rolls she tells you the letters just started appearing one day warning her of the immitent goblin threat and how the grove was bound to fall sooner or later, so she took the deal out of desperation to protect her own. To me it seemed like yet another branch of the Absolute wanting the druid circle out of the picture one way or the other. It's true however she just comes off as a psychotic maniac if you fail your persuades.


It's going to be a real shocker when we find out everyone we have ever met is secretly working for the Absolute. Isn't it more likely Olodan is just doing what Shadow Druids are apparently known for and is thus working independently? If not then there were two conflicting plans operating at the same time on the Absolute's part.

Three if you count Zevlor, who has been revealed to be a spy through his voice line leak. This might not be in the game anymore though,






Maybe yes maybe no, it doesn't really matter in regard to Kagha - certainly seems like Olodan has some inside knowledge which could probably also be acquired by simply spying or different sort of collaboration (like Zhents).

In the end Kagha is just a person in over her head - consistent with desperate people in desperate circumstances theme of the Druid Grove. Ultimately it all boils down to something similar to "Wyll dilemma" whether or not the end justifies the means and I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot of that also in regard to our Ilithid powers.

So to me she's actually very well written, once you have the full picture, but as in life you might not always get there, so that's fine too.


Last edited by Azarielle; 28/10/20 10:12 AM.
Vhaldez #720119 28/10/20 10:08 AM
Joined: Sep 2015
N
old hand
Offline
old hand
N
Joined: Sep 2015
Khaga is an interesting character because she offers multiple outcomes depending on how the player wants to deal with her. The narration straight up makes her looking quite the villain with the attempt to save the child purposely left behind a steep die roll, even though she's actually not directly involved in her death.

I agree with Azarielle. All things considered, she's a well written character, multilayered and contrived by her allegiances.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5