Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Omkara Offline OP
OP Offline
What are the chances Larian Studios actually gives a shit about our Suggestions and Feedback based on Early Access?

Might it just be a not-so-elaborate ploy to get in some much needed cash in these dire Covid-19 times?

If much of the game has already been completed, why even bother with giving us Early Access when it's quite unlikely they will consider making some hefty changes based on our feedback?

I for one, wouldn't mind paying €120,- for a game, literally double the amount of a normal game, if it's actually worth the money, meaning that they would actually do something with our feedback.

Too long have I been confronted with mediocre games, created by companies that just want to make money, but not art.

BG3, from what I've seen, is no exception. Don't get me wrong, BG3 shows promise and is already quite an addictive game, but it's not excempt from scrutiny.

Last edited by Omkara; 27/10/20 08:35 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
This is the same thing they did with D:OS2 and they did implement feedback and to this day they still implement new QoL things for free for fun

Omkara Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Popsculpture
This is the same thing they did with D:OS2 and they did implement feedback and to this day they still implement new QoL things for free for fun

That's comforting to read. I've come across too many money hungry gaming companies that promise the world just for the sake of getting your money, and never really end up delivering.

I've made a rather large suggestion list posted on this forum, based on immersion and logic. Nothing too crazy and I'm just hoping it will be taken seriously.

Last edited by Omkara; 27/10/20 08:35 AM.
Originally Posted by Omkara

I've made a rather large suggestion list, based on immersion and logic. Nothing too crazy and I'm just hoping it will be taken seriously.

Prepare to get disappointed. If you have the mindset of "my suggestions are great, logical and totally easy, so they HAVE to take them seriously" you will be in for a very bad time.

More likely they will take feedback seriously that appeal to big parts of their audience and even then there might be reasons for them not doing something. So don't get your hopes up for your idea #16 that is "really sooo logical and like the best idea ever", if this is not something shared by the community and Larian.

addict
addict
They are piling all the feedback into a "most wanted" list of single sentences and working independently on doing something related to that. I don't think we can expect them to wade through our proze and do exactly what we have said, considering I have never seen Larian employees reply here.

addict
addict
There has been some great feedback on game mechanics. However Larian is probably just mostly working on gamebreaking bugs, controller support, console UI and multiplayer stuff at this point...

Omkara Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by KingTiki

I've made a rather large suggestion list, based on immersion and logic. Nothing too crazy and I'm just hoping it will be taken seriously.

Prepare to get disappointed. If you have the mindset of "my suggestions are great, logical and totally easy, so they HAVE to take them seriously" you will be in for a very bad time.

More likely they will take feedback seriously that appeal to big parts of their audience and even then there might be reasons for them not doing something. So don't get your hopes up for your idea #16 that is "really sooo logical and like the best idea ever", if this is not something shared by the community and Larian.

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=717362#Post717362

Decide yourself whether my idea's are "r3AlLy s00O LoG1CaL 4nD L1k3 tHe BeS7 1dEa EveR." I have a simple policy. If it's nothing but a polished turd, I'm not putting any money into a game, so nor did I put money into the EA version. If it's worth my money, I don't even mind paying double the normal price, as I always pay for my games that I truly like.

Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
There has been some great feedback on game mechanics. However Larian is probably just mostly working on gamebreaking bugs, controller support, console UI and multiplayer stuff at this point...

Seems kinda weird that considering the game is said to be at least another year in development, that they would use that year for just that. They also made it clear that the game will be done, when it's done. Not sure, if I should be getting my hopes up or just ignore this game from now on if chances are almost laughable that they will do something with our feedback.

Last edited by Omkara; 27/10/20 09:03 AM.

Decide yourself whether my idea's are "r3AlLy s00O LoG1CaL 4nD L1k3 tHe BeS7 1dEa EveR."

I have a simple policy. If it's nothing but a polished turd, I'm not putting any money into a game, so nor did I put money into the EA version.

If it's worth my money, I don't even mind paying double the normal price, as I always pay for my games that I truly like.

I was just telling you that you should temper expectations. I agree with a lot of what you write, but just don't be disappointed when they don't read every little thing or idea.

Omkara Offline OP
OP Offline

Decide yourself whether my idea's are "r3AlLy s00O LoG1CaL 4nD L1k3 tHe BeS7 1dEa EveR."

I have a simple policy. If it's nothing but a polished turd, I'm not putting any money into a game, so nor did I put money into the EA version.

If it's worth my money, I don't even mind paying double the normal price, as I always pay for my games that I truly like.

I was just telling you that you should temper expectations. I agree with a lot of what you write, but just don't be disappointed when they don't read every little thing or idea.

Ironically, I'm not expecting a single thing, hence my pessimistic post where I assumed that Early Acces is just a not-so-elaborate ploy to already get some of our hard-earned moneys. Sounds a bit bitter when I type it like that, but in conjunction to you, rightfully suggesting, to not getting my hopes up, this is sadly the most reasonable outcome. I guess, I`ll have to wait for hoping that there's a modding community out there that they themselves had similar suggestions and the skills to implement it.

Ironically, I'm not expecting a single thing, hence my pessimistic post where I assumed that Early Acces is just a not-so-elaborate ploy to already get some of our hard-earned moneys. Sounds a bit bitter when I type it like that, but in conjunction to you, rightfully suggesting, to not getting my hopes up, this is sadly the most reasonable outcome. I guess, I`ll have to wait for hoping that there's a modding community out there that they themselves had similar suggestions and the skills to implement it.

That is my point. You seem to much focused on only your feedback and then assume it is just a cash grab. They have shown in the past that they listen to feedback (not to everything, they are still only doing what they want to do). But the catch is: they will probably listen to things more that more people are interested in. Things in your list that you think are not immersive many others may have no problem with. So you can assume that they probably won't check every little point off of your list. But things like hiding helmets I would take a bet, that they will come in a future patch/1.0 as a LOT of people have brought that up and they had it in their past games too.

I really don't think its a cash grab, but it would be wrong to assume that they will evaluate EVERY little feedback, even if it is objectively reasonable.

Omkara Offline OP
OP Offline

That is my point. You seem to much focused on only your feedback and then assume it is just a cash grab. They have shown in the past that they listen to feedback (not to everything, they are still only doing what they want to do). But the catch is: they will probably listen to things more that more people are interested in. Things in your list that you think are not immersive many others may have no problem with. So you can assume that they probably won't check every little point off of your list. But things like hiding helmets I would take a bet, that they will come in a future patch/1.0 as a LOT of people have brought that up and they had it in their past games too.

I really don't think its a cash grab, but it would be wrong to assume that they will evaluate EVERY little feedback, even if it is objectively reasonable.

Honestly, neither do I think it's a cashgrab, but it's more of brainfart I decided to type instead of keep inside me. Maybe also to see how people would react and come with counter arguments as to why it definitely isn't a cashgrab, to which I have to agree it isn't. Divinity 2 seems like a great game and I don't think Baldurs Gate 3 will get any less of a similar treatment.

addict
addict
so nor did I put money into the EA version.

So, you based your feedback on the two hour window given by Steam?

Then I must say that you managed to compress a whole lot of feedback in your post based on such a small sample of game time.

As for your worries that your particular feedback won't be taken seriously I think you don't have to sweat it. Many of the subjects you brought up has already been heavily discussed in the forum, so you're not alone in your opinions.

But starting to worry about the feedback gone lost already when you have stated that you either didn't buy the game or did and then refunded, and the EA has been online for less then a month. When Larian clearly stated that this would go one for probably a full year. To that, my only answer can be.....have a little faith, show a little patience. Just because some of us ask for something to be changed or put into the game, doesn't mean it will happen in a week. Nor does it have to mean it won't happen at all.

They will follow the feedback.
They will analyze it, discuss it, see what can be done, what they would like to change, what they want to stay as is to keep the feeling of Larians touch on it, discuss it some more, try to implement some of the ideas, see what sticks, see what don't, analyze it again, kill some darlings, test it several times and then, finally, they will release a final product the are happy with.

Omkara Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
[quote=Omkara] so nor did I put money into the EA version.

So, you based your feedback on the two hour window given by Steam?

Look I'm not gonna lie, I didn't "buy" the game, but I always buy games that I truly think deserve my money. This is literally the first time in 2 decades that I downloaded a game through a torrent website, just so I can get a first impression and share my thoughts.

The fact that I'm being honest about it, should emphasize that I truly buy my games. I just didn't feel like investing 60 euro's into a game that's in Early Access, nor am I the type of person that feels like playing a full game that developers sweated on for years without paying for it.

As for your worries that your particular feedback won't be taken seriously I think you don't have to sweat it. Many of the subjects you brought up has already been heavily discussed in the forum, so you're not alone in your opinions.

That's good to read. There are so many posts already. I honestly did not take the time to read them all.

Have a little faith, show a little patience. Just because some of us ask for something to be changed or put into the game, doesn't mean it will happen in a week. Nor does it have to mean it won't happen at all.

They will follow the feedback.

They will analyze it, discuss it, see what can be done, what they would like to change, what they want to stay as is to keep the feeling of Larians touch on it, discuss it some more, try to implement some of the ideas, see what sticks, see what don't, analyze it again, kill some darlings, test it several times and then, finally, they will release a final product the are happy with.

Well, I started to think like that after getting some pessimistic replies on my suggestions that, despite these being agreeable, probably wouldn't be implemented. Combine that with never seeing a Larian employee reply on these forums at all, and it's not so weird I start to wonder if these suggestions are even seriously being taken into consideration. I did think that it would go without saying nobody would be under the impression that suggested changes to the game would be visible within a week.

Last edited by Omkara; 27/10/20 09:58 AM.
L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by Popsculpture

It’s great that they’re adding new stuff, but I really wish they’d fix those infernal categorised backpacks. Seemed like a great idea but the implementation was incredibly poor

veteran
veteran
Oh again with the evil ploy of Larian to steal our money. Must be Tuesday

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
M
M
Originally Posted by Abits

I was under the impression that the ploy was usually executed on Wednesdays?

veteran
veteran
Only usually. Sometimes you have a few a day earlier and that's how you know half a week passed

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Omkara Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Abits

Have no idea what you're talking about. I'm new to these forums, but the fact that I'm apparently not the first one to come up with these brain-farts, might be considered a confirmation; despite I just made an assumption based on seeing 0 replies from Larian employee's.

I have no experience with Larian studio's other than seeing they rolled out a succesful couple of games, but let's be real, sheep are easily pleased.

Last edited by Omkara; 27/10/20 10:28 AM.
I
old hand
old hand
I
People have to be realistic.

Considering the progress of the game Larian will not radically change to combat system or bring in new companions they had not already planned out and things like that. They don't have the time and money for that.
So yes, those complains will not be addressed.

Omkara Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ixal
People have to be realistic.

Considering the progress of the game Larian will not radically change to combat system or bring in new companions they had not already planned out and things like that. They don't have the time and money for that.
So yes, those complains will not be addressed.

Nobody with a working brain assumes that Larian studio's will drastically alter their game because of EA experiences. But some quality of life changes, for the sake of logic and immersion are much more in line with reasonable requests. It's literally been stated that the game will at least be under development for another year and that it will be done "when it's done".

Last edited by Omkara; 27/10/20 10:36 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard