Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
stranger
stranger
A
For all of you that loved her song.
You just have to talk to the squirrels that are at her feet.

journeyman
journeyman
I talked to them before she fixed her song and they took off because their ears hurt..lol need to replay that one and see what happens if they stick around

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Talking to animals is great in this game. Do they appreciate the final song if they stay?

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
Talking to animals is great in this game. Do they appreciate the final song if they stay?

Nope the dialogue remains the same - unappreciative pair those two!

journeyman
journeyman
I loved her. I actually ran into her pretty late in my 9th game. I had not figured that part of the map was accessible.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
She is able to scare the squirrels, maybe she could do the same with Goblins?

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
I think she'd make a great companion but, if they do make her one, I think they would have to change her face. Currently she uses the same face my tiefling uses and all the companions have unique/non-player faces. This makes me think she isn't planned as a companion but, ofc, this could change with player popularity.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
She would be the only bard companion, so that is a plus.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by pinklily
I think she'd make a great companion but, if they do make her one, I think they would have to change her face. Currently she uses the same face my tiefling uses and all the companions have unique/non-player faces. This makes me think she isn't planned as a companion but, ofc, this could change with player popularity.

Yes would be great if she could be a companion for the full release. If you examine Karlach which is the new companion, she's another fighter. I can see Alfira being a bard companion, as she refines her song the weeping dawn, she can use it in battle and it becomes more powerful as she levels up, even cooler if it can be played as background music whenever she sings it for battle. Think that's a roleplaying gem that Larian may just pass up...

Last edited by voncastein; 27/10/20 07:34 AM.
F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by voncastein

Yes would be great if she could be a companion for the full release. If you examine Karlach which is the new companion, she's another fighter. I can see Alfira being a bard companion, as she refines her song the weeping dawn, she can use it in battle and it becomes more powerful as she levels up, even cooler if it can be played as background music whenever she sings it for battle. Think that's a roleplaying gem that Larian may just pass up...

Karlach is a paladin.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon

Karlach is a paladin.

No she's a fighter. Next time you come across her, click on her and examine her. Also there's the wiki below.

https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Karlach

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon

Karlach is a paladin.

No she's a fighter. Next time you come across her, click on her and examine her. Also there's the wiki below.

https://baldursgate3.wiki.fextralife.com/Karlach

No, she's a paladin. I am pretty sure she's a Hellrider from Elturel. And that's why she was the champion of Zariel. She followed her into the nine hells and when her archangel fell, she was taken prisoner and forced to fight in the blood war.

She and Zevlor must know each other. And she also must have met duke Ravengard at some point.

(Flextralife wiki is not an official wiki besides)

Last edited by Nyanko; 27/10/20 10:50 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I remember her, you can brake her lute and she will cry, dunno who will want such pathetic creature in their group.

Originally Posted by Nyanko

No, she's a paladin. I am pretty sure she's a Hellrider from Elturel. And that's why she was the champion of Zariel. She followed her into the nine hells and when her archangel fell, she was taken prisoner and forced to fight in the blood war.

She and Zevlor must know each other. And she also must have met duke Ravengard at some point.

LOL.
Do you understand that Zariel fell several thousand years ago? And then spent a few hundred more in dungeon, where Bel was slowly absorbing her powers?
I would understand if they said that she is one of the Oath of Conquest paladins, but what you described is... Impossible.

Hello there.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by BuckettMonkey

LOL.
Do you understand that Zariel fell several thousand years ago? And then spent a few hundred more in dungeon, where Bel was slowly absorbing her powers?
I would understand if they said that she is one of the Oath of Conquest paladins, but what you described is... Impossible.

My mistake on the timeline. But it doesn't matter though as to explain who she is. She's still a hellrider from Elturel who was dragged into the hells when the city fell.

The hellriders who escaped and you can meet in Descent to Avernus are not the only ones who were in Elturel. Many of them followed the city into its doom.

Last edited by Nyanko; 27/10/20 11:10 AM.

LOL.

My mistake on the timeline. But it doesn't matter though as to explain who she is. She's still a hellrider from Elturel who was dragged into the hells when the city fell.

The hellriders who escaped and you can meet in Descent to Avernus are not the only ones who were in Elturel. Many of them followed the city into its doom.

And why should she be a Hell Rider or a paladin?
She could be a resident, for example, Dis, or Sigil.
And her charisma is ridiculously low for a paladin character.

Hello there.
N
old hand
old hand
N

So basically you take the stats of an unfinished character as final?

And why change it in this case?

Hello there.
N
old hand
old hand
N

Because for the EA, they don't show paladins at all. Even Anders is not a real paladin. So they had to adapt her stats to offer a combat challenge for the players who want to fight her. That's all.

The player doesn't care whether she has high or low charisma as her EA story arc goes.

Last edited by Nyanko; 27/10/20 11:30 AM.

Because for the EA, they don't show paladins at all. Even Anders is not a real paladin. So they had to adapt her stats to offer a combat challenge for the players who want to fight her. That's all.

You still haven't answered the question.
Why should she be a paladin or hellrider?

Hello there.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard