Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by BuckettMonkey

You still haven't answered the question.
Why should she be a paladin or hellrider?

Because every single companion you meet so far is of a different class. So as Lae'zel is already a fighter, there is no point in having another one. And as Karlach is on the fighting side but has a story with Zariel, and the fact she comes from Elturel, makes her the perfect candidate to be the paladin among the companions you take on your journey.

Originally Posted by Nyanko

Because every single companion you meet so far is of a different class. So as Lae'zel is already a fighter, there is no point in having another one. And as Karlach is on the fighting side but has a story with Zariel, and the fact she comes from Elturel, makes her the perfect candidate to be the paladin among the companions you take on your journey.

It also leads to new questions.
For example, why make her a new companion?

Hello there.
N
old hand
old hand
N

Because it was found in the datamined files already. She's basically 99% confirmed as a companion at this point.

Because it was found in the datamined files already. She's basically 99% confirmed as a companion at this point.

I admit I didn't know that.
Can you provide a link confirming your words?

Hello there.
N
old hand
old hand
N

Just check the thread in this very section called '[HUGE SPOILERS] Datamining Thread'.

Just check the thread in this very section called '[HUGE SPOILERS] Datamining Thread'.

Usually the evidence should come from the side of the approver, but I am convinced by your confidence in this.
Anyway, I still don't understand why she should be a paladin. Her story could fit well with the Horizon Walker subclass, for example.

Hello there.
N
old hand
old hand
N

Usually the evidence should come from the side of the approver, but I am convinced by your confidence in this.
Anyway, I still don't understand why she should be a paladin. Her story could fit well with the Horizon Walker subclass, for example.

Personally, it feel it would add too much redundancy. As your player character could also be a fighter, 3 fighters in the same group wouldn't allow the player to test different mixing of classes in the game. It would be a poor implementation and I trust Larian not to do it. I might be wrong, but I am pretty confident they won't do it.

Personally, it feel it would add too much redundancy. As your player character could also be a fighter, 3 fighters in the same group wouldn't allow the player to test different mixing of classes in the game. It would be a poor implementation and I trust Larian not to do it. I might be wrong, but I am pretty confident they won't do it.

Actually, I meant the ranger. Horizon Walker is the ranger subclass.

Hello there.
N
old hand
old hand
N

A ranger champion? I don't buy it much. If she had only said 'I fought for Zariel cause she forced me to', why not. But she clearly says she was her champion. And in my mind, a champion is either a paladin or a fighter, someone who is a frontline warrior.

Last edited by Nyanko; 27/10/20 11:51 AM.

A ranger champion? I don't buy it much. If she had only said 'I fought for Zariel cause she forced me to', why not. But she clearly says she was her champion. And in my mind, a champion is either a paladin or a fighter.

The Horizon Walker subclass includes abilities that aid the ranger in traveling between planes.
This, combined with the fiends chosen as a Favored Enemy, would make her a talented killer of the tanar'ri, killing high-priority targets and just an effective fighter.

Hello there.
N
old hand
old hand
N

A ranger champion? I don't buy it much. If she had only said 'I fought for Zariel cause she forced me to', why not. But she clearly says she was her champion. And in my mind, a champion is either a paladin or a fighter.

The Horizon Walker subclass includes abilities that aid the ranger in traveling between planes.
This, combined with the fiends chosen as a Favored Enemy, would make her a talented killer of the tanar'ri, killing high-priority targets and just an effective fighter.

Let's say, why not? One more thing I would add in favor of paladin over ranger is the fame of the class. Ranger is more a niche class compared to paladin I think. If you made a poll about what class players would rather play between the two, I think paladin would come first.

But you might be right, it might be ranger. Time will tell.

As well, if she had the ability to travel between planes, why did she need to board the nautiloid to come back to faerun?

Last edited by Nyanko; 27/10/20 12:03 PM.

As well, if she had the ability to travel between planes, why did she need to board the nautiloid to come back to faerun?

Horizon Walker cannot fully travel between planes.
They are limited by the ability to find portals and temporarily stay in the Ethereal Plane, which acts on them like an Etherealness spell. And they have the ability to move between planes in the blink of an eye, that is, teleport a few feet forward.

Hello there.
A
stranger
stranger
A

They are limited by the ability to find portals and temporarily stay in the Ethereal Plane, which acts on them like an Etherealness spell. And they have the ability to move between planes in the blink of an eye, that is, teleport a few feet forward.

Isn't Minsc a ranger, and I think it has been semi confirmed by dataminers that he will be a companion?
So if Larian sticks to only 1 companion of each class then ranger is out.

Originally Posted by Angra

Isn't Minsc a ranger, and I think it has been semi confirmed by dataminers that he will be a companion?
So if Larian sticks to only 1 companion of each class then ranger is out.

I remember what Larian said about the return of Minsk, but I don't think he will return as a companion.
However, in the 15th century he is a level 6 ranger and he may well join the player's party at Baldur's Gate.

Hello there.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I was convinced Alfira was my dream girl. It's just a bizarre coincidence that she looks identical to the dream girl I designed. I for sure thought she was my love interest, but I couldn't get anywhere with her.

veteran
veteran
Love Alfira. I really wish, she could be a companion, but I don't believe, she will be. They probably don't do two tiefling companions. Still, if there are more companons, than the (so far not really interesting) Origin characters, then maybe there is hope.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I mean, if we get non origin companions, she'd be a great Bard one, could have a side quest involving her trying to live up to her late teacher's expectations and playing songs through the game.

veteran
veteran
I think you guys put too much stock in data mining. It is more than possible that some stuff in there is already scrapped

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
I would LOVE to see Alfira as the Bard companion - or at least a temporary quest-related one.
She is just awesome.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Abits
I think you guys put too much stock in data mining. It is more than possible that some stuff in there is already scrapped
I think you are right, although data collection is interesting and intriguing ... and so in my opinion. there are many interesting characters here. I'm interested in Sazza (goblin). Kagga too. you can't make everyone playable, it will be too xD

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard