Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#719052 27/10/20 04:32 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Well it's pretty easy to do once you get it rolling. With enough patience, you could go for millions. I stopped at 50k
[Linked Image]

apprentice
apprentice
Robbing every merchant blind is basically my ultimate goal, because they also recharge. So you can continually rob them blind.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Milani
Robbing every merchant blind is basically my ultimate goal, because they also recharge. So you can continually rob them blind.

It's quite fun but does break the economy.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
A mini-game that Larian didn't need to programme.

addict
addict
[Linked Image]

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Did not know about this. How are you doing this? Is it pickpocketing the merchants? How often do you succeed on that? What happens if you get caught?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by DarkRob316
What happens if you get caught?

you reload from last saved game? smile

Originally Posted by Angra

I found that if you fail and reload the guards still come after you. This happens since patch 1 ><

D
journeyman
journeyman
D

Ohh. Save scumming. That's dirty. I like it lol

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Did not know about this. How are you doing this? Is it pickpocketing the merchants? How often do you succeed on that? What happens if you get caught?

A couple of ways. You either break stealing. Or you just reload over and over.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Moirnelithe

I found that if you fail and reload the guards still come after you. This happens since patch 1 ><

Maybe it autosaves if you get caught? Il bet if you disable auto saves and reload your last quick save you can get away with it.

Originally Posted by Moirnelithe

Maybe it autosaves if you get caught? Il bet if you disable auto saves and reload your last quick save you can get away with it.

No, I removed the load key binding an manually load my saves (otherwise my cat does it for me mid-combat by stepping on the F8 key).

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Haha. Cats are good like that. They always know the wrong spot to place paw.

I haven't been caught yet. Don't know if that's just random luck or the method I'm using.

I move the party near the merchant, then separate my MC from the group. I go into hide mode, pickpocket just the money which always succeeds the dice roll, then sneak as far away as I can before the merchant goes into his "I've been robbed" routine. That triggers a dialog with the party members, not the MC. A persuasion response always satisfies the merchant. Maybe because the MC who did the deed isn't in the area? It worked exactly the same way in DOS 2.

Trying to steal an object often fails the dice roll, so I just steal the gold and buy what I want. It's too easy. What they may need to do is put a limit on how many times you can pickpocket the same merchant, before they catch on and you always fail.

Guards come when you reload from a save where you din't try to steal anything??? I actually had quite a blast with invisibility spell where guards and merchant were coming to the rest of the party that didn't have any stolen stuff and I could just reply that I have no idea who did it.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
My remote keyboard has an unfortunately placed power off button. If I drop the keyboard you can almost guarantee that the PC will switch itself off.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Frumpkis

I haven't been caught yet. Don't know if that's just random luck or the method I'm using.

I move the party near the merchant, then separate my MC from the group. I go into hide mode, pickpocket just the money which always succeeds the dice roll, then sneak as far away as I can before the merchant goes into his "I've been robbed" routine. That triggers a dialog with the party members, not the MC. A persuasion response always satisfies the merchant. Maybe because the MC who did the deed isn't in the area? It worked exactly the same way in DOS 2.

Trying to steal an object often fails the dice roll, so I just steal the gold and buy what I want. It's too easy. What they may need to do is put a limit on how many times you can pickpocket the same merchant, before they catch on and you always fail.

Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
Guards come when you reload from a save where you din't try to steal anything??? I actually had quite a blast with invisibility spell where guards and merchant were coming to the rest of the party that didn't have any stolen stuff and I could just reply that I have no idea who did it.

Lmao. You guys are evil. Not that I'm not gonna try it haha.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK

Lmao. You guys are evil. Not that I'm not gonna try it haha.

I mean what's a Drow Eld Knight with slight of hand going to do... rob you blind of course.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I generally suffer more from a lack of merchants/lack of anything worthwhile to buy from the few that exist than anything. Especially because on an average playthrough you'll end up either killing or making unavailable over half of your merchants.

I think at this point I only have access to Aaron in the Druid Grove, the Zhent trader, and the two in the Underdark.

veteran
veteran
*snip* Trying to steal an object often fails the dice roll, so I just steal the gold and buy what I want. It's too easy. What they may need to do is put a limit on how many times you can pickpocket the same merchant, before they catch on and you always fail.

If a merchant (who make their living selling things!!!) continually gets robbed, it makes sense that they'd get more cautious.

Maybe the DC for stealing from them could go up 1 for every object stolen? (Possibly going back down by 1 every day they don't get stolen from?)
Or after getting stolen from a few times the merchant could mention in a voice bark or dialogue that "These parts are too dangerous and I'm losing too much money. If I lose another item I'll go have to close up shop"

Though I don't really mind being able to steal from merchants ad infinitum; if a player wants to play that way that's fine with me. As long as the game is balanced for not doing that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard