Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
journeyman
journeyman
I appreciate the patch and update but was hoping for some response to our feedback. Particularly in areas that would need to be decided sooner rather than later to allow balance changes to be made - things like party size, over abundance of elemental surfaces, changes to 5e mechanice/rules that don't appear to be necessary to fit them into a computer game to list some of the ones brought up in the forums.

You may well still be considering these but it would be nice to know what is set in stone and what isn't because there's little point people feeding back about things you are not going to change.

journeyman
journeyman
Really disappointed. I understand that you fix the bugs, but you should also listen to the community with the changes that we request.

I don't know how much I care, the percentage of players who petted a dog.
But I do care if the game is more like Baldurs than Divinity by following the rules and lore of D&D5

vel Offline

Originally Posted by Abits
would have been helpful if there were an evil path. not just mmorpg quest with sex scene

+1
The evil path currently isn't compelling.

vel Offline
Originally Posted by Eireson
I appreciate the patch and update but was hoping for some response to our feedback. Particularly in areas that would need to be decided sooner rather than later to allow balance changes to be made - things like party size, over abundance of elemental surfaces, changes to 5e mechanice/rules that don't appear to be necessary to fit them into a computer game to list some of the ones brought up in the forums.

You may well still be considering these but it would be nice to know what is set in stone and what isn't because there's little point people feeding back about things you are not going to change.

+1 this update makes it sound like they're not listening. Even if major changes can't be put in place in a few weeks, acknowledging the feedback would have helped.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by Jess_Larian

74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems.

Dear Larian, I hope this is just an opinion of a person who wrote this post. The statement is just false. In the current state of the game plot, any intelligent evil characters will side with Tieflings. Evil is not equal to a "murder hobo". I wish Larian representatives went to check the feedback forum here and read the discussion threads about your implementation of the evil path.

Thanks for the patch.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Maerd

74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems.

Dear Larian, I hope this is just an opinion of a person who wrote this post. The statement is just false. In the current state of the game plot, any intelligent evil characters will side with Tieflings. Evil is not equal to a "murder hobo". I wish Larian representatives went to check the feedback forum here and read the discussion threads about your implementation of the evil path.

Thanks for the patch.

This is what I am afraid of, I'm in Pathfinder wrath of the righteous Alpha, you have so many ways to roleplay your character in that game. You have various ways to act lawful, good, evil or you can just be a murder hobo. There needs to be more substance to an evil route, at the moment it's just not there. I agreed with the vampire that we should learn how to control the tadpole, issue is? There are no npcs who can teach you how to use the tadpole or learn about it's purpose. Minthara would of been a great evil hub quest npc, but Ironically, the person who has the most information on the tadpole is a certain Archdruid, which means I'm going to murder the goblins every time.

old hand
old hand
This is why there is so much Minthara on the forum and memes, but so little of that choice in the game. I would like more people to know that this is the sexiest and most powerful drow of all, for this you need a complete and motivated path of evil and a complete companion Minthara.
Larian don't even give a chance if, in order to get Shadow Heart, you had to arrange genocide without motivation, and with an open question whether she would be a companion, she would not have 33%, maximum 10%. There is nothing strange about this.

Whether the goblins will become non-aggressive again after the Absolute test? Larian they also made more content (!) For a good journey, we don't get into the Underdark if we help goblins. Our journey ends at the search for a drider on the way to the Moonrise Towers. They didn't even put a video from the developers for evil players, only a map ...I want a cake with Minthara!
Also they didn't even do a charisma check or an ilytid ability to explain to the goblins guards that we were going to the absolute test. The location is very close to the goblin camp, it upset me

What other questions can there be? The game motivates to play for a good character in all possible ways.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
journeyman
journeyman
Thanks for all the fixes and updates to bring act 1 to a proper level of quality. To those who are complaining about what was fixed vs what wasn't: there is more than complaints to fix and develop. Give it time, and eventually, before 1.0 launch, it should be fixed.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
This is why there is so much Minthara on the forum and memes, but so little of that choice in the game. I would like more people to know that this is the sexiest and most powerful drow of all, for this you need a complete and motivated path of evil and a complete companion of Minthara.
Larian don't even give a chance if, in order to get Shadow Heart, you had to arrange genocide without motivation, and with an open question whether she would be a companion, she would not have 33%, maximum 10

Exactly. I mean sex with drow is very tempting, but not as tempting as Larian apparently thinks

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
veteran
I think there might be a missing aspect to the "Absolute Route", not just an unwritten one. I've been wondering how the Creche quest will either lead to the Moonrise Towers act or loop back to the grove-goblin quests. Currently it seems like such a divergent story-line that seemingly bypasses everything going on with the EA map. But if it somehow is the missing half of a 'Evil' run that might change things around.

Lae'zel is more or less the most actively evil character so it would make sense if having her leads into it too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Quote "74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems. "

Minthara is evil BUT has unknown motives and worships a fictitious deity. Supporting Minthara isn't as much "evil" as stupid. Evil characters are by definition self serving so evil characters are more likely to kill threats and eliminate competition given the opportunity. Manipulating druids to for selfish need while robbing the Tieflings blind to supply you with resources enough to eliminate the "greater threat" isn't "good"......IMO. The greatest villians hide in plain sight under the guise of "paragon of", seriously look at "insert any politician".

So in conclusion the motive + methodology = allignment

Mmm what would be pretty cool would be a questionnaire to determine your allignment.

This may be an unpopular comment, but I think we can save ourselves a lot of effort by just extrapolating from what Larian would need to do, in order to satisfy some of these forum requests. For example, if you know anything at all about game design, you can imagine how much work it would take to redesign the game to support a larger party (and larger enemy numbers). I would be very surprised if this was a possibility.

Same thing with some of the combat mechanics involving terrain advantage and surface effects. It's built into the game engine and it works fine in terms of the design intent. It may not work the way everyone likes it, but it works and I don't think they'll change it.

Personally, I'm trying to focus on feedback where I think there's a chance they could actually do the work to improve it. Like including more explanations in-game, and UI changes like making the hot bar less frustrating to manage.

stranger
stranger
Any rough ETA on cross platform play?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Frumpkis

This may be an unpopular comment, but I think we can save ourselves a lot of effort by just extrapolating from what Larian would need to do, in order to satisfy some of these forum requests. For example, if you know anything at all about game design, you can imagine how much work it would take to redesign the game to support a larger party (and larger enemy numbers). I would be very surprised if this was a possibility.

Same thing with some of the combat mechanics involving terrain advantage and surface effects. It's built into the game engine and it works fine in terms of the design intent. It may not work the way everyone likes it, but it works and I don't think they'll change it.

Personally, I'm trying to focus on feedback where I think there's a chance they could actually do the work to improve it. Like including more explanations in-game, and UI changes like making the hot bar less frustrating to manage.

That's why i said about the things fixed in stone - if some things are just design decisions they made and won't be changing that's fine (although not necessarily what I would have hoped for) but if that's the case just be up front about it so we can focus on feedback about other stuff they will possibly listen to.

I agree that some things would be harder to change than others (like party size) but stuff like going overboard with elemental surfaces is more about small changes - like not having so many explosive barrels laying around, reverting some of the spells to what they are supposed to do as per the handbook, things like that don't require major changes. Now following some of those changes there might need to be rebalancing, or possibly not as whilst we won't get so many opportunities to use surfaces neither will our opponents so it may simply balance itself out.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R

That's why i said about the things fixed in stone - if some things are just design decisions they made and won't be changing that's fine (although not necessarily what I would have hoped for) but if that's the case just be up front about it so we can focus on feedback about other stuff they will possibly listen to.

I agree that some things would be harder to change than others (like party size) but stuff like going overboard with elemental surfaces is more about small changes - like not having so many explosive barrels laying around, reverting some of the spells to what they are supposed to do as per the handbook, things like that don't require major changes. Now following some of those changes there might need to be rebalancing, or possibly not as whilst we won't get so many opportunities to use surfaces neither will our opponents so it may simply balance itself out.
Creo que deben esperar tanto sacar sus conclusiones primero deben pensar que van reparar los errores luego editar el contenido seguramente deben estar analizando las ideas de los jugadores, recuerden muchas las propuestas que ofrecemos debe hacer grandes cambios en el juego seguramente un programador les puede comentar de eso no tan fácil cambiar lo que pedimos capas principio del mes o mediados podamos ver algún cambio que pedimos den un poco más de tiempo si ven implementaron mas tutoriales y en el foro había gente pidiendo mas tutorial
Correccion ya leí dos cosas pidieron en el foro que se puedan ver los dados en multijugador entre los jugadores y arreglaron las voces algo escuchan parece tiene poco personal mirando el foro pero es entendible les recuerdo no estamos tiempos normales estamos en pandemia.

Last edited by Roxeus; 27/10/20 07:43 PM.
stranger
stranger
Any news on when the "under construction" screens will be no longer? Hell how I'm impatient to see what's behind them

I am not native English speaker, so if you feel pain reading my posts, blame Babylon.
Lots of love <3
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Is the cinematic where Olodan and the shadow druids appear fixed/finished?

I just good boy and try help everyone😐

S
stranger
stranger
S

As a lot of thing can happen in one year, I think that's they won't close (or enforce) any door.

They would probably not say, "no chance for some specific point". First because it would be rude, second because some could interpret these "no" as a "yes" for all other thing.

And as long I press F5, not because I'm afraid to die but because I'm afraid of a game crash, I'm waiting for technical fixes.

addict
addict

But 40.79% of players who jumped down a large, dark hole arrived dead, because they leapt without Feather Fall.

You do realize they probably didn't do it on purpose? There's a bug causing it. Or rather a glitch.
If you activate Feather fall on your whole party and activate TURN MODE to be able to jump in one by one you should have time to do it.

But if the 1st guy that jumped in gets engaged in a fight with the minotaurs combat mode is activated. Which means turn mode is deactivated for those who didn't jump yet.

The 2nd player can't enable TURN MODE again easily, it won't respond to input since... you're already in turn base mode in the Underdark. But you're not on the surface.

If they jump they get the cinematic again. You can't pass the cinematic. Feather fall deactivates before you fall down. BAM you lost your mage.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard