Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So after downloading the newest patch, the first thing on my mind was checking some scenario's/scenes.

I went ahead and loaded the save before ending the tiefling party and 'inviting Astarion to share the night'. I noticed some changes, they no longer stand in the middle of the camp but went elsewhere and then I heard the cool music slowly playing, 'doown down by the river'. So far so good, I was thinking to myself, no way Larian has lifted the 'under construction' scenes. I was correct, but saw something else disturbing, for one of the lines was changed.

Whatever happened to the 'bare your neck inviting him' line. Sorry to say, but 'inviting him to unleash the animal'? Are you serious? He's not a druid or a werewolf (I heard one of future companions is planned to be one). Like come on. Is there some mishap in the code or is it deliberate? When I saw the change I started laughing maniacally. Like come on. laugh

[Linked Image]

PS: Goodluck pushing Astarion to the ground, I'm sure he wouldn't break your bones in retaliation. wink

Edit: Fixed a bunch of typos. smile

Last edited by Nicottia; 28/10/20 07:27 AM.
oh no, that is so cringe :facepalm:

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Moirnelithe

It was my first reaction, after I stopped laughing.

I truly think they messed up something in the code. Astarion is not an animal afterall, but a damn vampire (spawn). Unless, 'unleash the animal' is an euphemism of some kind. wink

Originally Posted by Nicottia

It was my first reaction, after I stopped laughing.

I truly think they messed up something in the code. Astarion is not an animal afterall, but a damn vampire (spawn). Unless, 'unleash the animal' is an euphemism of some kind. wink

Eh, pretty sure it's an euphemism. Still cringe.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Eh, pretty sure it's an euphemism. Still cringe.

Agreed, I hope it will be changed back. Like I said, it would fit a druid/werewolf a lot more than Astarion. Anyhow, it's gonna be my favorite line until they change it anyway.

Unleashed animal out.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I just wish Astarion was a female character.

Snarky edgy female vampire is my kink.
I blame 2004 TV.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Eddiar

I blame 2004 TV.

Pfft, he's fine as he is. Reminds me a lot of Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. wink
90ies kids unite. laugh

I really hate what Twilight has done to vampires btw. Makes me wanna unleash the animal on all that sparkle. Ugh. wink

OMG no way! Whoever thought that was a good line...

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Azarielle
OMG no way! Whoever thought that was a good line...

Makes you wanna unleash the animal on whoever wrote it, doesn't it? Where is Boo when we need him. wink

addict
addict
[quote=Eddiar]

Pfft, he's fine as he is. Reminds me a lot of Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. wink
90ies kids unite. laugh

No... Spike was a pretty cool character that I really liked from the moment he was introduced. Astarion is just someone who needs to die ... painful and slow. Then be resurrected so I can kill him again.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kendaric
[quote=Eddiar]

90ies kids unite. laugh

No... Spike was a pretty cool character that I really liked from the moment he was introduced. Astarion is just someone who needs to die ... painful and slow. Then be resurrected so I can kill him again.

I disagree. Astarion was just as big of an a-hole in the beginning (the introduction scene) as Spike was fixated on pleasing Drusilla and killing Buffy (to please Drusilla), he became my fav character in the TV series when he realized Drusilla was just using him to get Angel back and after he slowly fell in love with Buffy... there are a lot of parallels between Astarion and Spike, in my opinion at least.

Astarion is basically Haer'dalis (BG2), Gann of Dreams (NWN2 MotB) and Spike poured into mixer and mashed together.

Originally Posted by Kendaric
[quote=Eddiar]

90ies kids unite. laugh

I disagree. Astarion was just as big of an a-hole in the beginning (the introduction scene) as Spike was fixated on pleasing Drusilla and killing Buffy (to please Drusilla), he became my fav character in the TV series when he realized Drusilla was just using him to get Angel back and after he slowly fell in love with Buffy... there are a lot of parallels between Astarion and Spike, in my opinion at least.

Astarion is basically Haer'dalis (BG2), Gann of Dreams (NWN2 MotB) and Spike poured into mixer and mashed together.

He gives me strong Zevran vibes (maybe even too strong -starting with introduction scene) but now that you mentioned it Haer'Dalis could be involved too.

Animals should definitely be unleashed upon the authors of this line.

enthusiast
enthusiast

I blame 2004 TV.

90ies kids unite. laugh

I really hate what Twilight has done to vampires btw. Makes me wanna unleash the animal on all that sparkle. Ugh. wink

No he is not fine.
I want my vampiress.

Dont make me unleash my animal on you.
You speak heresy.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
He gives me strong Zevran vibes (maybe even too strong -starting with introduction scene) but now that you mentioned it Haer'Dalis could be involved too.

Oh, yeah, I entirely forgot about Zevran. He should be sprinkled on top that mix I will bet.

No he is not fine.
I want my vampiress.

You speak heresy.

But you getting your vampiress would most likely result in Astarion's lovers losing one amazing succulent vampire and that shall not be allowed!

I guess it can only end in an epic animal fight! wink

Choose your animal wisely! laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
I choose Pikachu.

Oh, yeah, I entirely forgot about Zevran. He should be sprinkled on top that mix I will bet.

No he is not fine.
I want my vampiress.

You speak heresy.

But you getting your vampiress would most likely result in Astarion's lovers losing one amazing succulent vampire and that shall not be allowed!

I guess it can only end in an epic animal fight! wink

Choose your animal wisely! laugh

If Astarian's romance involves unleashing animals, losing him as a lover might be for the best for all parties involved.

Last edited by Moirnelithe; 27/10/20 07:47 PM.

I blame 2004 TV.

90ies kids unite. laugh

No he is not fine.
I want my vampiress.

You speak heresy.

Oh come on, you're getting a werewolfess (for a lack of better word), imagine the animals unleashed! Oh my

enthusiast
enthusiast
Tell me more.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
If Astarian's romance involves unleashing animals, losing him as a lover might be for the best for all parties involved.

True, you've got a good point.

I choose Pikachu.

I wanted to go for Zubat, considering we're arguing about vampires here. wink

But well, Moirnelithe makes too good of a point. If furries animals are involved, I guess nobody shall romance Astarion. wink

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
So after downloading the newest patch, the first thing on my mind was checking some scenario's/scenes.

I went ahead and loaded the save before ending the day and 'inviting Astarion to share the night'. I noticed some changes, they no longer stand in the middle of the camp but went elsewhere else and then I heard the cool music slowly playing, 'doown down by the river'. So far so good, I was thinking to myself, no way Larian has lifted the 'under construction' scenes. I was correct, but saw something else disturbing, for one of the lines has changed.

Whatever happened to the 'bare your neck inviting him' line. Sorry to say, but 'inviting him to unleash the animal'? Are you serious? He's not a druid or a werewolf (I heard one of future companions is planned to be one). Like come on. Is there some mishap in the code or is it deliberate? When I saw the change I started laughing maniacally. Like come on. laugh

[Linked Image]

PS: Goodluck pushing Astarion to the ground, I'm sure he wouldn't break your bones in retaliation. wink

Oh for the Bard's sake! Tell me it was a joke. "Push him to the ground inviting him to unleash the animal". How does anyone a little bit litterate interpret the phrase litterally? Usually the adjective "animal" is used to refer to something driven by instinct, in this case I assume they mean the main character invites Astarion to get rid of his cold and sarcastic facade, to get loose and for a moment forget the controll he as to have to mantains the reins of his blood hunger.

It is another way to tell him to show what he is capable of do in the funny stuff, to give to the main character the ride of their life.

To transform into an animal. Seriously. F to every one who gave that interpretation!

(And then in the game Astarion really became an animal thus making a fooll of I laugh laugh laugh )

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard