Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So spoilers obviously.

I see the owlbear cub at the goblin camp.
Make him my friend but he is afraid to leave because of the goblins there.

So I decide to go inside the temple, free Halsin and kill the leaders one by one and then clearing the courtyard.

But the Owlbear cub is gone!
What happened.

Am I seriously supposed to have hindsight knowledge that the cub disappears if I kill the leaders from the inside?

apprentice
apprentice
Spoiler***

After I cleared the whole camp the owlbear cub eventually showed up at my camp much like the dog.

Yeah well but after the party I've never seen him again, despite befriending him.

addict
addict
There is a whole process with the owlbear cub to make it join your camp via talking with the goblins and it. Otherwise wait two days (aka long rest twice) after clearing the goblins I believe.

He showed up at my camp, but after a few long rest he disappeared. So he comes with bugs.

Last edited by azarhal; 27/10/20 07:59 PM.
addict
addict
In my case ...
- I left the Owlbear and cub alone ;
- I freed her/him from the Goblin camp so-to-speak (I failed to talk to the cub there because she/he was running around and fled the place) ;
- I saw the cub again in the Owlbear cave (I had a short chat with mama Owlbear and left her alone again) ;
- The cub is not at my camp, which makes perfect sense, unless there are two cubs ?

Last edited by Baraz; 27/10/20 08:43 PM.
D
old hand
old hand
D
Theres an owlbear cub at the gobbbo camp?

I got him back to my camp, went through the three or four encounters there to fully friend him and now he has disappeared too. Last time he was there I could pet him and the response was something like "He purrs and hoots and trusts you completely." Shadowheart made a comment he would eat us of out camp now and then eat us. It's been five or 6 long rests at least since he was around, think he might be gone for good.

D
old hand
old hand
D
I missed that cub on my 1st playthrough. Where is he exactly? That way I can ensure I dont miss him on my 2nd playthrough smile

Originally Posted by Demoulius

There is a goblin female that is organising "chicken races", you can free him by speaking with that goblin. She's right next to the side with all that fencing.

My owlbear cub never came to my camp either, I'll see how it plays out on the new patch <3.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by FatePeddler
Originally Posted by Demoulius

There is a goblin female that is organising "chicken races", you can free him by speaking with that goblin. She's right next to the side with all that fencing.

My owlbear cub never came to my camp either, I'll see how it plays out on the new patch <3.

I did notice that and even did the chicken race but dident see the cub anywhere...

Is it a different cub then the one from the owlbear cave? Her mum attacked me and it died in the fight (my guess is it tried to run away? It tirggered like 3 attacks of opp in a row....)

R
stranger
stranger
R
Sorry. I killed him.

Smashed the egg, and put his mother down, too

apprentice
apprentice
The "chicken" in the chicken race is an owl bear cub

Tuuch! Tuuch! Tuuch!
D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by struggler_guts
The "chicken" in the chicken race is an owl bear cub

Uhm, it is? In my game it had the appearance of a chicken.

My character must have rolled a crit fail on a perception check xD

apprentice
apprentice
I think the whole questline doen't work as intended. For me the owlbear cub did never appear.
Prequisits are that you let it live after the encounter in the owlbear cave. From there on I've tried everything (I guess) after reencauntering the cub in the gobbo camp.
To name a few:
-refused to partake in chicken chase
-partake in chicken chase and won
-partake in chicken chase and lost
-partake in chicken chase but convinvd the owlbear cub to attack the Gobbo

then used Ilithid option to convince the ringleader to let the cub go with me. Cub takes scent and dissapears from the map.
then took about 10 full rests with any option but the cub didn't appear in my camp.

Later I killed the Gobbo leaders, all the gobbos in the temple, courtyard, camp, guarded entrance, blighted village, you name it. Cleared the whole map, spared none including those cruel Gobbo kids. I was about to launch a crusade to kill any gobbo in Faerun but recieved en email from the Hague to stop bloody gobbociding wink

Other guides I found tell, that you simply have to kill at least the gobbos in the courtyard, but if you kill the gobbo leaders before the owlbear is in your camp, you'll never see it. Somes sources also claim, that you loose the cub aber the victory celebration in the camp.

So my advice is how you should approach it :
- it doesn't matter how you handle the owlbear in the gobbo camp as long as you gain it's trust and is willing to follow you to the camp. You just need to a couple of animal handling checks
- checks are considerably easier if you have Silvanus Blessing buff from the grove and the cleric'd guidance buff active
- after you made this successfully - you get something like the owlbear would follow but is afraid of the gobbos so you have to deal with them one way or another - kill the gobbos in the courtyard but do not (!!!) kill the Gobbo leaders (!!!)
- return to camp and take several long rests to see if the cub eventually appears.
- still chances are that you lose it after celebration party

enthusiast
enthusiast
I had only an animal handling but it might be easier when PC has talk with animals skill. What worked for me: peaceful solution with owlbear mother, then met cub at gobbo's place and lost the chase but won dice rolls. Cub appeared at camp, at 1st interaction I haven't give it food directly, just threw. He ate meat and ran away. Then, after few nights he brought me some dead animal so I pretended to eat it. Cub was happy. Next time, I think, he showed up with wounds, nature+medicine check. When he arrived the last time I have pet it (don't remember if cub was happy about it and purred or not) and he went back to the forest. My advise is: be careful about petting cub as soon as he shows up at our camp. It's a wild animal after all, PC may end up with wounds.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Schugger
I .....
So my advice is how you should approach it :
- it doesn't matter how you handle the owlbear in the gobbo camp as long as you gain it's trust and is willing to follow you to the camp. You just need to a couple of animal handling checks
- checks are considerably easier if you have Silvanus Blessing buff from the grove and the cleric'd guidance buff active
- after you made this successfully - you get something like the owlbear would follow but is afraid of the gobbos so you have to deal with them one way or another - kill the gobbos in the courtyard but do not (!!!) kill the Gobbo leaders (!!!)
- return to camp and take several long rests to see if the cub eventually appears.
- still chances are that you lose it after celebration party

The Owlbearcub is going away several times from your camp. Its like a Cat, does things and comes back again after some long Rest and maybe you even have to do some short rests before that or/and some fast Travels( but i dont think time is yet implemented besides long and short rests).

What happened at my Camp was when the Cub finally arrived and you allways use a Animal Speaking Potion or have a spell for that:
Owlbearcub has several options then to talk and even some Stat dicerollchecks.
It talks about beeing hurt and you can try to tell him that he should take on smaller enemys. This f.e. makes him leave camp and for some days/long/short rests etc. he will come back with some prey and wants you to eat it.
After that when you successfully ate and Cub will say so that camp is his home. But anyway he will again vanish into wilderness and again for some time at least at my game.

Link Copied to Clipboard