Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#719512 27/10/20 09:17 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Reactions so far from my experience are very limited (especially if anyone can jump to disengage removing attacks of opportunity). I hate to throw out that "other D&D game", but I have to say that having an option to cast feather fall on my recently shoved paladin before he goes splat on the rocks below is awesome.

One specific suggestion I have is to add a reaction to the surface area attacks that are so prevalent. Let me use a reaction to try to move out of the area before taking damage.

R
old hand
old hand
R
The current system is better than popups anyway. The popups are terribly annoying and seem disconnected from the game.
I'm afraid something like this would be even worse in multiplayer.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Other than occasionally having my toon automatically swing for an attack of opportunity I really couldn't say what other options are here for reactions. However, if players see popups as a problem they could also slow down time, similar to the slow turn based movement they already have, and give a chance to use a reaction that is in your list. Combat right now feels very static. I go...enemy goes and I wait 5 minutes for the 10 goblins to move in a row. Reactions are a great way to break this up and make it feel more alive. I just don't think they have implemented enough of them in a useful way so far. Maybe I'm missing something though so if you have a different experience other than some auto attack feature please let me know what else there is as far as the reaction system goes.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Old-School-Gamer
Other than occasionally having my toon automatically swing for an attack of opportunity I really couldn't say what other options are here for reactions. However, if players see popups as a problem they could also slow down time, similar to the slow turn based movement they already have, and give a chance to use a reaction that is in your list. Combat right now feels very static. I go...enemy goes and I wait 5 minutes for the 10 goblins to move in a row. Reactions are a great way to break this up and make it feel more alive. I just don't think they have implemented enough of them in a useful way so far. Maybe I'm missing something though so if you have a different experience other than some auto attack feature please let me know what else there is as far as the reaction system goes.

The ones available are mostly class features or certain abilities you can get. Example: Light Cleric have warding flare, Fighter Battlemaster have riposte, Warlock have Hellish Rebuke.

They haven't implemented everything, as they are testing the current implementation to see how well it goes. And there will be issues later, like warding flare can be applied to other party member at level 8.

Also Shield, saved my wizard many a time

Last edited by wpmaura; 28/10/20 01:16 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard