Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by denhonator
Originally Posted by Sludge Khalid

That’s where my argument that the forum is more technical came from. At least here we're discussing and not attacking each other. I can wholeheartedly disagree with Orbax but in the end of the day we’ll be sharing a dwarven ale.

I see plenty of attacking in these forums too, I don't find that aspect to be any better than on Reddit. But let's not get too off topic

Lets not talk about JDCranton behind his back. I think the difference is the moderation I mentioned. You dont get posts here in the format of:

"Hey, can you even see your dk you chair whale? How much sweat did you have to replace with day old coffee thats been sitting on your desk for the last 2 days as your cheeto covered little pigfingers rattled out that string of pure BS? I looked at your profile, between your anime watching and what I can only assume is a prurient interest in fedoras, I don't think anyone should be listening to a functionally paraplegic basement dwelling weeb like you when it comes to understanding the social nuances of a game like D&D that requires friends. Here, Ill save you some time plural noun: friends; plural noun: Friends 1. a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or family relations."

So the dialog, even if aggressive at times, is nothing like the mosh pit of the Reddit groups haha.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Orbax
Reddit is a happier, less critical place than these forums @@

I've found that to be the case when there are both and each is active. I notice it the most with sports team, reddit is surprisingly pleasant, dedicated sites each and every everything is meticulously talked about and no one is spared. To those that are happy joy's that can't handle it, I try to steer them for their own sake to reddit, it would just be a happier match.

old hand
old hand
Just looked at the results again. Its pretty solid. Take whatever this forum thinks, and make it 30% more positive. If there are extremes, turn the forums 1s into Reddits 10s.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
journeyman
journeyman
As a heads up: Despite the choices, and despite the data, there is a lot of room to take that is subjective, into the questions. Like asking one word to describe this or that, when you need more than one word. And no way to contextualize that word with any of the other questions.

Or asking somewhat baited questions, like homebrew ac < hp when there is nothing saying/showing it is a homebrew. Or no fog of war when there is one (you don't see units/objects until you reveal them, and they disappear when you go far away)

I get the need for data, however, I feel there needs to be more questions to build a contextual picture for each point, or the option for opinions for each question..

old hand
old hand
I would say it meets at least the goal of being thought provoking and discussion worthy while having gotten some actual data points ^.^

English is not his first language, and there are some challenges there, and I think a more comprehensive one could be made. Go into a chinese forum and make a survey for them and let me know how good they think you did :p For a first blush, lets see if anyone will even take the thing, hes at almost 700 people replied so thats pretty cool. I think people wanting to change and add is a good thing, means its in the right direction and there is interest. A v2 survey that builds on this and breaks questions done more granularly, cleans up some of the wording that is just a language barrier, things like that would go over well in both arenas after this is taken a look at and it feels like another 500 people wouldnt really change the answers, so what are our takeaways kind of thing.

apprentice
apprentice
This post needs more votes!

OMG I see I submited your bog standard reply even on first words! And here I was thinking that part is gonna give you so many variables it's gonna be absolutely useless.
What surprised me is most people are happy with the party of 4 and RTWP bunch being in such minority. Good job!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Azarielle
OMG I see I submited your bog standard reply even on first words! And here I was thinking that part is gonna give you so many variables it's gonna be absolutely useless.
What surprised me is most people are happy with the party of 4 and RTWP bunch being in such minority. Good job!

Let's nuance things a bit about party size.
More than 40% is not really such a minority. It means than 4 players out of 10 aren't satisfied. Not that the 60 other % wouldn't enjoy 1 (or more) slots.

About TB yea, I was one of the most dissapointed at the beginning but I love many TB games and I've made up my mind.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 28/10/20 07:21 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
E
stranger
stranger
E
Just signed up to take this quiz... Here's hoping they have a look. Very interesting results.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Also signed for this. How could they not see it? smile
But will they listen? :O

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
I’ll update both results today by the end of the day - both communities

V
stranger
stranger
V
Glad to see you are interested in our feedback!

apprentice
apprentice
One of the more interesting points of this survey to me at least is the disparity of people that claim to be familiar with the 5e ruleset (87%) vs the number of people that have played the table top (73%). Are those 14% of people who are familiar but haven't played it getting that from actually reading the books, or is it from listening to podcasts, many of which have been homebrewed and aren't a great representation of the actual ruleset. I mean I really like The Adventure Zone, but let's be honest.. that was a really loose interpretation of the rules specifically to enhance the story aspects. If that were someone's familiarity with the ruleset, I'd say they really aren't that familiar with it.

Its probably 2 late but should of asked people ideal party size

S
stranger
stranger
S
Great idea with such pole, hopefully Larian will take a look on it and provide some changes to the game.

Originally Posted by Khultak
One of the more interesting points of this survey to me at least is the disparity of people that claim to be familiar with the 5e ruleset (87%) vs the number of people that have played the table top (73%). Are those 14% of people who are familiar but haven't played it getting that from actually reading the books, or is it from listening to podcasts, many of which have been homebrewed and aren't a great representation of the actual ruleset.

Well for example there might be lots of people who familiar via reading ruleset etc, but played in previous editions.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by sumoman
Great idea with such pole, hopefully Larian will take a look on it and provide some changes to the game.

Originally Posted by Khultak
One of the more interesting points of this survey to me at least is the disparity of people that claim to be familiar with the 5e ruleset (87%) vs the number of people that have played the table top (73%). Are those 14% of people who are familiar but haven't played it getting that from actually reading the books, or is it from listening to podcasts, many of which have been homebrewed and aren't a great representation of the actual ruleset.

Well for example there might be lots of people who familiar via reading ruleset etc, but played in previous editions.

If you are familiar with previous editions, is it really that hard to pick up the differences- even without reading the books? I mean "familiar" is not "expert." Though I did have to read about concentration, as well as ask forum guys about spell slots.

apprentice
apprentice
Can we see the new results yet?!

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
SURVEY
https://forms.gle/irxYjGNPLrC4nhTW7

RESULTS
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IgN2IAZi8Hho6X_7XpiW-0N_cUYEJvX8/view?usp=sharing - LARIAN

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sip8wb8Yu1-N1FC7dDY72RJewnu3hqvz/view?usp=sharing - REDDIT

REPORT (501 respondents) - 4.4 p.p error margin so far - POPULATION - LARIAN FORUM
REPORT (569 respondents) - 4.1 p.p error margin so far - POPULATION - REDDIT

WORDCLOUDS BOTH LARIAN & REDDIT > 1000 INTERVIEWS !!!

Now, whats the first word that comes to your mind when you think about BG3 battle system?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cn0ZXsNYKTtbtIevis9RYCuUV8irk881/view?usp=sharing

Now, whats the first word that comes to your mind when you think about BG3 graphics?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OUnqbYucVTrxT25xbQdmgZ07HFgwOK-P/view?usp=sharing

Now, whats the first word that comes to your mind when you think about BG3 story?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfiqvvFQx7wo3vYIM_2xGTcBdbDZOF-n/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by Sludge Khalid; 29/10/20 11:13 AM.
O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Good job, hope Larian will take a look at it and i hope they will empower us with options to tailor the game to our individual likings.
should not be to hard to implement an option to tun on/off eviromental effects from spells/cantrips etc..

Last edited by Ormgaard; 29/10/20 01:13 PM.
The updated results are very interesting. Reddit is definitely more positive about the game. But it's nice to see there are rating for things like surfaces, cantrips, stealth, disengage, items, and a few others where both sets of data are very similar and the majority fall in to the dissatisfied half.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard