Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I run a party of 3 half wood elves and a full blooded wood elf. And they are very intolerant of most.
I pretty much kill all Tieflings and Goblins on site. As well as, any monster types and most other races.
My in game Dialog is very, very limited, and I feel I should have an option to abstain from helping anyone.

Although I have not run the Goblin camp or the Underworld I've read you have to choose to help one side or the other.
I'm reading (if True) I must help Goblins or Tieflings. I'm find this very disturbing to my Roleplay.

If there is anything I hate, it's being pigeon holed into a decision that goes against my RP style.
Maybe the (Forced Dialog), is done in a way that wont be as bad as I imagine so I'm asking for help.

Someone who has run the Course of EA, if you can imagine your party as a completely, intolerable group,
That really barely has time for any race other than Wood Elves and possibly some Humans and High Elves.
Will the choice of helping one side or the other seem logical or go completely against my RP grain?

I have over 230+ hours of play and so far I am really enjoying the game.
My time has been mostly in combat as I do not save scum and want to insure on release I can come out top in every combat situation.
(Hoping for an Ironman mode)

That said, my limited dialog thus far has been fruitful and I'm really hoping this Pigeon Holed situation/decision doesn't ruin my play.

Thanks in advance for those who can assist.

addict
addict
You are pidgeon holed into siding with the Tieflings or Goblins until the Gith creche path is added, but even then I think that not choosing a side just leads to the "matters unresolved" failsafe ending in the reminiscence scene on the boat.

M
M
Originally Posted by Thrandarian
I run a party of 3 half wood elves and a full blooded wood elf.

How'd you manage to do that - is that in multiplayer with other people or?

Someone who has run the Course of EA, if you can imagine your party as a completely, intolerable group,
That really barely has time for any race other than Wood Elves and possibly some Humans and High Elves.
Will the choice of helping one side or the other seem logical or go completely against my RP grain?

The issue is more about how little pressure BG3 makes you feel in terms of the parasite - the game doesn't make you care, scared or excited, about the tadpole. If it did, seeing past intolerance etc. wouldn't be an issue as your main concern would be finding help to removing it immediately or desperately so.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Mxiio

He basically started a multiplayer session with him as the sole player and opened multiple instances of BG 3 to create three additional characters, then saving the game in the first instance. There's a guide on how to do it somewhere, so far I haven't managed to create more than 3 characters because my computer can't seem to handle more than 3 instances of the game at the same time.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Kendaric
Originally Posted by Mxiio

He basically started a multiplayer session with him as the sole player and opened multiple instances of BG 3 to create three additional characters, then saving the game in the first instance. There's a guide on how to do it somewhere, so far I haven't managed to create more than 3 characters because my computer can't seem to handle more than 3 instances of the game at the same time.

https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/how-to-create-custom-party-members-in-baldurs-gate-3/

*Kendaric
if you change each session to windows and shrink all 4 down to as small as possible, only maxing each window just to get through character creation you should be fine.

addict
addict
I

My time has been mostly in combat as I do not save scum and want to insure on release I can come out top in every combat situation.

230 Hours? And you still haven't dealt with either the Goblins or Tieflings? What the hell have you been doing???

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Riandor
I

230 Hours? And you still haven't dealt with either the Goblins or Tieflings? What the hell have you been doing???

Haha, several restarts. I am not venturing further into the realms than my initial start took me. (Which is not very far)
As stated I am heavily focused on combat. My battles can sometimes last hours...depending.
Did I mention Jump is broken....lol

I could probably write a book on BG3 combat and all the horrible mechanics...I'm just too lazy.... =/

I run a party of 3 half wood elves and a full blooded wood elf. And they are very intolerant of most.
I pretty much kill all Tieflings and Goblins on site. As well as, any monster types and most other races.
My in game Dialog is very, very limited, and I feel I should have an option to abstain from helping anyone.

Although I have not run the Goblin camp or the Underworld I've read you have to choose to help one side or the other.
I'm reading (if True) I must help Goblins or Tieflings. I'm find this very disturbing to my Roleplay.

If there is anything I hate, it's being pigeon holed into a decision that goes against my RP style.
Maybe the (Forced Dialog), is done in a way that wont be as bad as I imagine so I'm asking for help.

That said, my limited dialog thus far has been fruitful and I'm really hoping this Pigeon Holed situation/decision doesn't ruin my play.

You should be able to skip everything in it's entirety (except meeting Lae'zel in the prologue and triggering the Nautiloid crash). As mentioned previously in this thread, the only conclusion to the EA is by accessing a boat in the Underdark. You have at least three ways to get down to the Underdark (from cursed village, Tea house, and Selune's temple/goblin fortress). We don't know how that would effect the rest of your journey since we have limited content in this version of the game, but I don't see how anything could stop you.

If you want to test it out you could try
Creating a character with focus on sneak and strength (mobility), preferably with access to at least featherfall. Run through the prologue, sneak past the first three brain creatures (crash site), climb up where there is fire in your path (before meeting Gale), climb the vines to enter the bligthed village (to the right of the entrance, when facing entrance), go down the well, sneak past the spiders and featherfall down in the Underdark. Take the route past the petrified (paralyzed?) Drows without triggering the spectator, continue down to the Underdark beach. Take the ship. No interactions required after prologue.
After writing this up I checked the 6min speedrun. *he is using the same route. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4yhmNBFIVU

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B

I think you can obtain the total annihilation by doing two steps:

Kill all the Goblins without freeing Haslin, then go back to the Cave and kill Kargha this will make the druids go feral and kill all the thieflings. You will loose Will though. Also if you want to have an intollerant character due to the general background I think that the Girth are best, the other races in Faerun have become more tolerant and open, but to Laez'el's race other ones are just weak and disposable.

Link Copied to Clipboard