Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
Joined: Oct 2020
B
stranger
Offline
stranger
B
Joined: Oct 2020
Well people are already moding some
[Linked Image]

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self


and that is perfectly fine if its what you want, but you can't play female thoo and there was not a single full plate made for female in history


You are going to source that?
I know for a fact you are wrong... but I want to see you source it.

Joined: Oct 2020
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Joined: Oct 2020
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]


[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Joined: Oct 2020
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Eddiar
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self


and that is perfectly fine if its what you want, but you can't play female thoo and there was not a single full plate made for female in history


You are going to source that?
I know for a fact you are wrong... but I want to see you source it.


https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistori...any_historical_examples_of_female_armor/

was for Queens....and princess, never to be use for battle

the only historical woman to have fight ing battle is jane of arc, you can bet she was 'manly" ala Brienne of Tarth

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 28/10/20 05:49 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Joined: Oct 2020
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Bernkastel
Well people are already moding some
[Linked Image]




care to give me a link ?


[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Joined: Jul 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Jul 2020
I'm all in for complete nudity when taking a shower or something, but not in fights, unless it's about a magically shielded creature like an Angel or similar.

There can be sexy and still functional armors; these are actually top tier stuff, because would cost most to make a protective gear that also looks great. Not chain bikini level though, those aren't armor and not even sexy. A tight leather or similar would be far sexier, if the body under it is sexy. Less is more.

The BG3 leather armor already looks better than what most other "western games" have, but I like the realistic style of the weapons most.

Certainly there is place for improvement, to make armor both sexy and functional. Variety is good, instead just basic ugly stuff. The boring old style can still be there for the puritan souls and the poor who can't afford more, next to hot and sexy masterpiece armor pieces.

Joined: Oct 2020
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by LoneSky
I'm all in for complete nudity when taking a shower or something, but not in fights, unless it's about a magically shielded creature like an Angel or similar.

There can be sexy and still functional armors; these are actually top tier stuff, because would cost most to make a protective gear that also looks great. Not chain bikini level though, those aren't armor and not even sexy. A tight leather or similar would be far sexier, if the body under it is sexy. Less is more.

The BG3 leather armor already looks better than what most other "western games" have, but I like the realistic style of the weapons most.

Certainly there is place for improvement, to make armor both sexy and functional. Variety is good, instead just basic ugly stuff. The boring old style can still be there for the puritan souls and the poor who can't afford more, next to hot and sexy masterpiece armor pieces.



well said, but I do like the red sonja style smile

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 28/10/20 05:53 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Joined: Jul 2009
I
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
I
Joined: Jul 2009
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self

and that is perfectly fine if its what you want, but you can't play female thoo smile since there was not a single full plate made for female in history
this is a GAME on a FANTASY setting rated M, but its fine smile you have your opinion. so do we smile

how would you fit those horns in there ?


Of course you can play as a female, as plate armor for females looks exactly the same (sans the "equipment" added to some armors")
For horns you need a different helmet with two holes.

Last edited by Ixal; 28/10/20 05:54 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self
we all want More Sexy Armors and clothing in our games.


Sorry, but I neither need nor want sexy armors in my games. There is no "we" ...

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
You changed your point.
You said not a single plate was made for women but King of France famously made one for Jean of Arc.

Plate was Plate. There is just so much clothing and other armor that is put in before the plate even goes on that whatever bosom the lady has is completely covered.

Also plate isn't a yoga outfit, it has a lot of space in the torso area.
Men and women can wear the same suit of armor and both have no difficulty to function.

Edit: also the link you provided also confirms what I said.
Literally the first answer says men and women practically wore the same armor with little to no differentiation.

Last edited by Eddiar; 28/10/20 06:00 PM.
Joined: Mar 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Mar 2020
I people want chainmail bikini armor and wicked weasel jockstraps I have no objections as long as they can easily be avoided.
(the AC boost comes from the distraction!) Alternative models would be the best way to go.

But for the love of Bhaal


1. Don't make them mandatory by making the best armor in the game a something that makes the PC look ridiculous

2. Please, please don't include DOS2 endgame headdresses. Looking like a Brazilian Carnival at the end DOS2 was fun in a game that didn't take itself seriously but if *spoiler character* runs around in bikini and ersatz fruitbowl on her head this will break my immersion.

So far BG3 has gotten the tone right and they should keep to that. Serious with some comic relief. More Star Wars than Guardians of the Galaxy. Keep to that tone.

Joined: Oct 2020
B
stranger
Offline
stranger
B
Joined: Oct 2020
People use "we all" all the time in this forum, I read it a lot of times in the endless posts about 6 man party. But as the survey showed many design choices are divisive. Don't mind it that much.

Regarding the topic, even if you don't like it sexy clothing, many people do (I don't for armor at least), just look at sites like nexus how many downloads mods like that are popular.

For the OP, the mod I posted is Devilish Pack from nexusmods.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
I people want chainmail bikini armor and wicked weasel jockstraps I have no objections as long as they can easily be avoided.
(the AC boost comes from the distraction!) Alternative models would be the best way to go.

But for the love of Bhaal


1. Don't make them mandatory by making the best armor in the game a something that makes the PC look ridiculous

2. Please, please don't include DOS2 endgame headdresses. Looking like a Brazilian Carnival at the end DOS2 was fun in a game that didn't take itself seriously but if *spoiler character* runs around in bikini and ersatz fruitbowl on her head this will break my immersion.

So far BG3 has gotten the tone right and they should keep to that. Serious with some comic relief. More Star Wars than Guardians of the Galaxy. Keep to that tone.


They should let us choose how our armor looks.
Plenty of games have it now.

Like AC series, i can have a full plate armor on me but in the menu I can choose to appear in cloth armor or underclothes if I wanted lol!

Joined: Oct 2020
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Eddiar
You changed your point.
You said not a single plate was made for women but King of France famously made one for Jean of Arc.

Plate was Plate. There is just so much clothing and other armor that is put in before the plate even goes on that whatever bosom the lady has is completely covered.

Also plate isn't a yoga outfit, it has a lot of space in the torso area.
Men and women can wear the same suit of armor and both have no difficulty to function.

Edit: also the link provided also confirms what I said.


still am I right they were not made for Woman, but for soldier.
but here we are in a game in a fantasy setting its not the real world and DnD have magic in it the possibilities are infinite. hell you can even have a magic gem that grant +10 ac when you insert it where the sun don't shine. so there is no reason to have "classic" armor looking in a game like this. "we" want options, I don't mind it thoo, hey if you want to "adventure" in full plate mail all day long.

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 28/10/20 06:05 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
No you are not right.
You want your sexy clothing. You should be honest with that.

Don't drag ahistory facts and misinformation here to push your agenda.
That is unacceptable to me.

If you want to turn this thread into something constructive about sexy armors then by all means go ahead.
I want sexy armors too but I want them practical... and when you start telling me women didn't wear armor or theirs was inherently so different because we could not figure out where the boobs went (even though we did) that bothers me a lot.

Joined: Oct 2020
S
Banned
Offline
Banned
S
Joined: Oct 2020
There is such a thing as internal integrity and style and atmosphere of a setting.

If things are introduced and added to it that dont fit that specific style, the whole setting loses its uniqueness. Whats worse, once the first such inappropriate item or feature is accepted then more demands will follow, until a unique setting looks like a absurd freak carnival.

What you want, and its definitely not "we" in any sense - is something that should be a matter for modding community. So then every player can decide to introduce such features - for his private purposes.

Joined: Oct 2020
Tuv Offline
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Not so sure it is the boar we are looking at here

[Linked Image]

/edit

No the game doesn't need but could certainly do with more armor. I am more interested going the other route though, playing a shield dwarf wizard in medium and maybe heavy armor later.

Last edited by Tuv; 28/10/20 06:54 PM.
Joined: Sep 2017
E
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
E
Joined: Sep 2017
Haha, are you joking? It's 2020 nobody wants to make sexy looking games anymore, even if a sexy cover art would certainly boost the sales. Bland and unappealing is the current norm.

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by eLeF
Haha, are you joking? It's 2020 nobody wants to make sexy looking games anymore, even if a sexy cover art would certainly boost the sales. Bland and unappealing is the current norm.


This game is pretty damn sexy to me.


“There is only one thing we say to Death:
Not today.
Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self


and that is perfectly fine if its what you want, but you can't play female thoo smile since there was not a single full plate made for female in history


That is simply not true. throughout history there have been several famous female warriors, including Joan d'Arc, Quenn Boudicca, Triêu Thi Trinh etc
True, not all of them wore full plate armor but most probably they wore the armor typical for that nation and time. Also, having boobs don't stop you from wearing a plate armor. Extremely uncomfortable for sure, but not impossible since, as you might know, breasts are squishy and can be flattened/moved around a bit.

Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5