Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
Originally Posted by DrNikolai
No thanks when it comes to the topic of sexy armor. It does not make any sense from a combat perspective, where your character wearing plated nipple tassels can take an axe to the stomach and come out unscathed. To each their own I suppose, but I would prefer something with form follows function. Now, this is not to say I am opposed to a variety of outfits that can serve varying purposes, from a role play perspective. However, if you want "slutty" or "sexy" outfits, they should not have any armor values and serve only as that, an outfit.

Well if you have a potion/scroll of stoneskin technically you could do that. There is also the possibility you have a regeneration spell or fast healing capability. Another possibility is if you have Damage Reduction if that is still a thing in 5E. Not sure if they kept that or not. I mean there are plenty of sources of supernatural or extraordinary ways to avoid such things in D&D that you just explained here.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Offtopic: can you think of a more suitable weapon for this guy than a regular mace?
His clothes are fine, but he could use a stiff whip
[Linked Image]

I agree a whip or a cane would have been more appropriate. Not that I know such things... evil

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by DrNikolai
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self
Originally Posted by HustleCat
PLEASE NO, NOT ANOTHER RPG WITH STUPID "SEXY" ARMOR. YOU CAN HAVE ONE SET, FINE, BUT PLEASE LET THE REST BE PRACTICAL. LOOK TO DARK SOULS FOR INSPIRATION. Even the helmets in that game were good looking and not platekini in sight

[Linked Image]
THE HALF-PLATE IN THE GAME ALREADY LOOKS RIDICULOUS. APPARENTLY ONLY BOOBS NEED TO BE PROTECTED

[Linked Image]

YOU KNOW WHAT'S SEXY? NOT GETTING STABBED

this is a game rated M on a very high fantasy setting including half demonic race who have sex with a drow and elf or what ever in a full nudity scene, but, I can't were a plate with cleavage or a sexy robe.

this is no the real wrold. we talking here, we talking about a video game. where you can let your dream and fantasy become a realty. a place where you can evade, if you want reality well there is reality for that. can you please say on the subject DnD has nothing do to with he real world.

I suppose that the characters should be having sex while fully armored as well then? You're comparing wearing sexy armor to full nudity scenes, which does not make sense, as you are fully nude in a fully nude scene. DnD may or may not have anything to do with the real world, but it certainly takes ideas from it.

lol you get it all wrong. let me put it that way, why in a game rate M with full sex, can't we have a little cleavage on armors and robes ??? where is the problem ? don't bring the " its not REAL or PROCTECTIVE enough argument'

its totally irreverent, the ARMOR IS MAGICAL !@!!!!!! MAGICLA FFS !!!!! MAGICAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! are your armor magic in real life NO! GOD get that into your head people this is a fantasy game with magic item and spell that can give you AC you could have a simple belt that give +x ac allowing you to fight naked...of course its not realistic its a fucking DnD game rate M!!!!!!..............................................this is a fantasy game we talking about here, like I say previously , what if I give you a pair of panty that grant +20 ac but, you can only ware that.... nothing else. would you , throw that heavy +0 plate mail on the on ground and up in the panty ? yes you will Conan the barbarian did, and am pretty sure he like his +20ac panty .

so tell me what is wrong with some revealing armors and clothing ?

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 28/10/20 09:15 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Vometia, do you mean like the stilettos seraphims wear in Sacred series? Yeah, sorry but please no. That if anything, bugged me enormously. Any woman knows how hard it is to run in those not mentioning running in grassy hills and rocky mountains smile

Now, as a man standing for equality, I would never dream of telling a woman what she can and can't wear. (well, in this thread that's practically what I'm doing, sorry for that)

Do you know that high heel were first worn by guys? smile

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/heels-history-men#:~:text=The%20origin%20of%20high%2Dheels,appear%20taller%20and%20more%20formidable.

journeyman
journeyman
They could create a simple outfit system, which allows us to change amongst available outfits for each armour, that would satisfy EVERYONE.

But I guess that would be too much work.... I don't think Larian would do it...

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ghost King
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Offtopic: can you think of a more suitable weapon for this guy than a regular mace?
His clothes are fine, but he could use a stiff whip
[Linked Image]

I agree a whip or a cane would have been more appropriate. Not that I know such things... evil

His armor seems to be inspired by Valsharess, and she carried a whip smile

D
D
My issue here is that

1) Adding sexy armor/clothing just to have it feels out of place and takes away from immersion. Pushing the agenda that more sexiness needs to be added is a bad approach. It will feel forced if you first go for making something sexy, then come up with a reason why.

2) I'm sure Larian will give characters their appropriate apparel. For example, the dream character has revealing clothing intended to look attractive.

3) Sure, sex sells, but this is also a serious fantasy RPG and overly sexy look would also make it look like Larian aren't taken this seriously, leading to bad reputation.

As it is, I'm sure knights are gonna look like knights while characters who are intended to look attractive will have clothing/armor to go with it. In other words, what's the problem? Why is this feedback needed? To remind Larian that boobs are nice to look at? I'm sure they're aware already

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by denhonator
My issue here is that

1) Adding sexy armor/clothing just to have it feels out of place and takes away from immersion. Pushing the agenda that more sexiness needs to be added is a bad approach. It will feel forced if you first go for making something sexy, then come up with a reason why.

2) I'm sure Larian will give characters their appropriate apparel. For example, the dream character has revealing clothing intended to look attractive.

3) Sure, sex sells, but this is also a serious fantasy RPG and overly sexy look would also make it look like Larian aren't taken this seriously, leading to bad reputation.

As it is, I'm sure knights are gonna look like knights while characters who are intended to look attractive will have clothing/armor to go with it. In other words, what's the problem? Why is this feedback needed? To remind Larian that boobs are nice to look at? I'm sure they're aware already

This can be optional clothing or armor that you can purchase from the vendor to customize your characters. And where she is dressed by default, these should be special caste scenes, or where it will be appropriate, for example, in a dream, a sexy costume will be very appropriate

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
My issue here is that

idk, since, not a single armor/clothing available for the player is revealing. we def. not heading in that direction. but hey if I have to resort in using mods just to get a chain mail with some "cleavage" or a sexy robe....., I guess I will.

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 28/10/20 09:08 PM.

D
D
At this point, there are hardly any options to dress your characters. What we need right now isn't more sexy armor/clothing, we need more options in general to make our characters look like we want.

This is like requesting improving a feature that doesn't even exist. We only have some really basic armor that doesn't look that great. It would be ridiculous to have this and slap some armored bra on top. But sure, eventually hopefully we will have cool looking armor/clothing to choose from of which some can look skimpier than others

@OP I wouldn't call that armor sexy. The words 'trashy', 'garish', and 'tasteless' come to mind. I don't mind some delicate or even elegant armor but it's still armor and your examples are way over the top for this game. It's BG3 not 'Succubi from Mars'.

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Moirnelithe
@OP I wouldn't call that armor sexy. The words 'trashy', 'garish', and 'tasteless' come to mind. I don't mind some delicate or even elegant armor but it's still armor and your examples are way over the top for this game. It's BG3 not 'Succubi from Mars'.

say the guy with sexy vampire avatar on the forum that I am pretty sure you would like to play it in BG3 with a sexy dress.

and BG3 is a game rated M for mature with nudity and full sex scene, you can have sex with half demonic creature(almost a sucub imo), where is the problem with having some "cleavage" on robe and armors that are magical on top of it?. why limiting it like that?

this is not a game for kid by the way its for adult.

check the full post, I linked plenty of robe and armors, and even 5e rule for sexy armors

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 28/10/20 09:31 PM.

and BG3 is a game rated M for mature with nudity and full sex scene, where is the problem with having some "cleavage" on robe and armors that are magical on top of it?. why limiting it like that?

check the full post, I linked plenty of robe and armors, and even 5e rule for sexy armors

I'm sorry but as an adult I find that armor pretty immature and more something a horny teen would prefer.

D
D

and BG3 is a game rated M for mature with nudity and full sex scene, where is the problem with having some "cleavage" on robe and armors that are magical on top of it?. why limiting it like that?

They were suggesting "delicate or even elegant armor". Would you not be satisfied with something like that if it has a bit of cleavage? Or does it have to be armored bra and panties?

apprentice
apprentice

lol you get it all wrong. let me put it that way, why in a game rate M with full sex, can't we have a little cleavage on armors and robes ??? where is the problem ? don't bring the " its not REAL or PROCTECTIVE enough argument'

its totally irreverent, the ARMOR IS MAGICAL !@!!!!!! MAGICLA FFS !!!!! MAGICAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! are your armor magic in real life NO! GOD get that into your head people this is a fantasy game with magic item and spell that can give you AC you could have a simple belt that give +x ac allowing you to fight naked...of course its not realistic its a fucking DnD game rate M!!!!!!..............................................this is a fantasy game we talking about here, like I say previously , what if I give you a pair of panty that grant +20 ac but, you can only ware that.... nothing else. would you , throw that heavy +0 plate mail on the on ground and up in the panty ? yes you will Conan the barbarian did, and am pretty sure he like his +20ac panty .

so tell me what is wrong with some revealing armors and clothing ?

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Well some players are already objectified enough in real life and would like a fantasy to escape from that. There where will be plenty of modders for the trashy armor, so you have nothing to worry about. I want my knight that wears actual armor and isn't some sex toy. M is for mature, doesn't mean it has to trashy and unrealistic

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E

They were suggesting "delicate or even elegant armor". Would you not be satisfied with something like that if it has a bit of cleavage? Or does it have to be armored bra and panties?

Sexy Armor (5e Equipment)https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Sexy_Armor_(5e_Equipment)

anything else, but what we have in game .would be better. there is nothing.

I am not asking to have that armor in the pic I linked in my first post its was just a SUGGESSTION to get people in the mood.

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 28/10/20 09:34 PM.

veteran
veteran

say the guy with sexy vampire avatar on the forum that I am pretty sure you would like to play it in BG3 with a sexy dress.

A game rated M for mature doesn't mean a game with boobs and almost nude characters.
Take a look at real girls if that's something you're missing.

But I'm already sure you're just trolling.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

A game rated M for mature doesn't mean a game with boobs and almost nude characters.

lets not talk about othere game rated M , we talking about BG3 here who is rated M with full sex scene with half demonic creature. and more. maybe you forgot but there is gay, lesbian and out of this world sex in the game. its even one of the goal.

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 28/10/20 09:39 PM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

lets not talk about othere game rated M , we talking about BG3 here who is rated M with full sex scene with half demonic creature. and more. maybe you forgot but there is gay, lesbian and out of this world sex in the game. its even one of the goal.

Yea Yea... you're spotted.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
its sad, I thought this community would be more open minded about all the SEX in the game, but looks like you guys are a bunch of goody-two-shoes / Girl Scout. who can't admit they bought the game for all the SEX(boobs) in the first place.

I hope this post will stay open, so people can say what they like or not, without judging, or give the "its not real" argument. in a fantasy video game.

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 28/10/20 09:46 PM.

Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard