Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
SPOILERS, LAST WARNING

So, evidently, the dialogue option where you confront Kagha about the letter you find in the swamps (that proves she is in league with the Shadow Druids), causes the game to wig out.

Whichever character selects the dialogue, she says "what" and then that character and every NPC enters a weird state where they're still technically in dialogue, but none of my other characters can listen in, and the main PC can't do anything.

Anyone else had this, and found a fix?

Last edited by SuprSaiyanRockr; 28/10/20 01:56 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I'll keep it as a separate save in case I need to show proof or screenshots.

stranger
stranger
I experienced this as well. But I was able to complete the dialog with all the various options. Ran it twice and each time when a told Kagha that I knew about her, I’d get booted from cinematic conversation to the state described by the OP

Last edited by svig; 28/10/20 02:34 PM.
stranger
stranger
Same for me, I can switch to other characters and do things in the room (was positioning for the fight) but I can't make the dialogue progress any further.
I can say I was able to complete this questline on a different character about 2-3 days ago, so it might be related to the most recent patch.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
That mission is on the backburner until it's fixed, I guess.

At first I thought it was because i left the note where i found it rather than picking it up for some reason, but the same thing still happened even after i reloaded, went back and got the note, and spoke to her again.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Rylee
I can't make the dialogue progress any further

I was able to make the dialog progress by hitting Spacebar whenever the dialog stalled. That would bring up the various dialog response options and allow me to progress

stranger
stranger
For what it's worth, I ran across a work around when I was playing around with this issue.

While your one character is locked in dialogue, switch to another character and kill one of the 3 new NPCs om tjhe room (I killed Olodan with Astarion). This will force the dialogue to end and combat to start. Once you complete the combat, remaining NPCs behave as if you finished the dialogue leading up to the combat.

Unfortunately, with that workaround, you don't get the benefit of seeing what happens or trying the non-combat alternatives offered in the dialogue. But since I'd already done this recently I'm okay with the result because it means I can push forward with my playthrough.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by svig

I was able to make the dialog progress by hitting Spacebar whenever the dialog stalled. That would bring up the various dialog response options and allow me to progress

Huh, I'll try that tomorrow. Cheers

stranger
stranger

Reloaded to give this solution a try and it worked like a charm. You don't get the visuals of the scene, but you get the full dialogue. Thanks for pointing out this work around!

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice

Hey, that worked. Nicely done.

It wasnt a cinematic anymore, but at least it progressed.

Link Copied to Clipboard