E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by The Composer
There won't be any skimpy outfits.

I can tell you that flat out right now 🙂

Edit: Armors, anyway. I won't speak for romance scenes!

I thought you guys took all feedback/suggestion seriously..... I guess I was wrong.
still feel very odd to me to have all this SEX in the game but we can't have some simple cleavage on a robe for the player to ware.
but I guess where you guys FAIL to provide the modeler will

I guess that's why the 3rd most downloaded mod is a nude mod, and that's not what I am asking for.

you guys could at the very least provide us with OFFICAL tools to make my dream armors become a reality.

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 29/10/20 02:53 AM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
old hand
old hand

Thank you very much, now I am calm smile
This is the kind of community work we all wanted from Larian.
I hope you don't stop there, how about reassuring those who are worried about the "evil root" in the next topics?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
addict
addict
Orbax, don't press your luck. That was just being mean smile Funny, but mean.

I think we made our standing point very clear and even though I feel it's fair to criticize something, this is starting to turn into bullying. And that's not ok.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Not even clothes?
I don't see why we can't get variety in clothes and robes for both male and female characters.

Not having any of it just limits people in terms of RP.
Look at Wyll on the loading screen for example, why can't we get robes that are a bit unbuttoned like that?
It'd just be really disappointing to me if there was just none of that in the game I mean it so severely limits people in terms of how they can style and imagine their character...

Also, Lae'Zel's armor could technically be said to be somewhat skimpy bottom down.
I don't have any problems with games like Tera, in fact I kinda find those games fun.
But I don't think that anyone is actually asking for that in the game.
But some variety at least would be great...

Edit: Some examples of what I mean ( also the Nightsong example which was in the datamine thread ).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Svalr; 29/10/20 03:08 AM.
old hand
old hand
Im actually down for camp clothes. I want a smoking jacket and pipe. and a monocle.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Orbax
Im actually down for camp clothes. I want a smoking jacket and pipe. and a monocle.

[Linked Image]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon

I think we made our standing point very clear and even though I feel it's fair to criticize something, this is starting to turn into bullying. And that's not ok.

I pretty much started edging away when I saw this thread as a Sphere of Annihilation preparing to spiral out of control and consume any that tried to direct it. That said, yes, not cool to let difference of opinions turn into an all out fight - interwebs or no. It is just a game. I, personally mind you, have no problem with or without skimpy/revealing armors, but I also like variety of armor types. From traditional plate armored warriors to sorcerers or sorceress wearing revealing robes or the bizarre! I think fantasy has a place for whatever you want, because it isn't constrained to physics as we know it. Magic makes anything possible. The only point I was trying to make with my posts in this thread is let people make the characters they want and not expect personal preferences determine how someone should be armored or wear.

I do, however, wish armors look better than just patch jobs. I get at low level everyone is assumed to being dirt poor just starting out, but if you have the Noble background why would you look like someone armored/clothed with the Urchin background? Really the only armor I am cringing at right now is Leather Armor. It looks very boring aesthetically speaking. Not saying it shouldn't look fairly common, but all the other classes start with some decent starting gear visual wise.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Svalr
Also, Lae'Zel's armor could technically be said to be somewhat skimpy bottom down.

Githyanki armour seems to be quite heavily influenced by classical Greek themes (AFAICT, not being an expert in the subject; but a D&D-playing friend over the road is so I could ask her...) rather than sexiness. More clothing options would be nice, though. And more shoes, of course.

One thing I'd like to see in much more general terms is TES-style inventories where you can loot all the equipment an NPC is wearing rather than just a random junk selection, though I guess it might imbalance the game's economy. And encourage the murder of NPCs to acquire nicer clothes...

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by vometia

Githyanki armour seems to be quite heavily influenced by classical Greek themes (AFAICT, not being an expert in the subject; but a D&D-playing friend over the road is so I could ask her...) rather than sexiness. More clothing options would be nice, though. And more shoes, of course.

One thing I'd like to see in much more general terms is TES-style inventories where you can loot all the equipment an NPC is wearing rather than just a random junk selection, though I guess it might imbalance the game's economy. And encourage the murder of NPCs to acquire nicer clothes...

In Oblivion, it was impossible to get this beautiful armor from the guards who guarded the tower in imperial city frown
[Linked Image]

I don’t remember there was any clothing that was impossible to buy - except for the robe of the necromancer. But they did not allow me to play for the side of Mannimarco, Necromancer Guild and could only be played for the Mages Guild (my biggest disappointment is from the Elder Scrolls)
[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
Ok let me clarify...

Not Skyrim-skimpy 😛

L
addict
addict
L
I’m sure this request is music to Swen’s ears…
[Linked Image]

enthusiast
enthusiast

I don't disagree with you, that's why I said skimpy and not sexy tho.
I don't think that the datamined Nightsong outfit in that thread is sexy either, it just looks ceremonial/ tribal to me.
As you're implying skimpy ≠ sexy, it's contextual.
And our perception and opinion of what sexy entails will differ too.

Altho I think that some sexy outfits adds RP value too, it's a form of expression that is fun.
But skimpy entails things that are revealing just in general, I mean I think that it becomes a bit silly when some people make arguments that a shirt or robes that are a bit unbuttoned or show some legs is suddenly '' unrealistic '' but then they're fine with Lae'Zel's armor ( which is supposed to be actual melee armor too ).
And there's also some level of double-standard where people just look the other way or don't even acknowledge male characters with their shirts off.

Hehe, murdering NPC's for clothes sounds like something my character would do wink .

Ok let me clarify...

Not Skyrim-skimpy 😛

Thanks for some form of clarification albeit vague still but I can't blame you lol.
I get that it's not like you can post screenshots or anything.
I haven't read through this thread in all honesty because discussions surrounding this tends to give me a headache from both sides, it just tends to devolve into bad faith arguments etc.
I was trying to avoid it, it just tends to make me mad.

Just understand that there are people too who don't necessarily want to see all of the gear in the game like robes etc be covering from the neck down.
I think most people want some form of variety for both male and female characters, not everyone wants to RP Gandalf xD.
I actually do like gear designs like in Tera and BDO, but I understand that it's not how it is in Baldur's Gate and that's not what I am asking for.
It's just that when I hear a mod say '' no skimpy outfits '' what I think of isn't exactly the most extreme Skyrim mods lol.

Originally Posted by Ghost King
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon

I do, however, wish armors look better than just patch jobs. I get at low level everyone is assumed to being dirt poor just starting out, but if you have the Noble background why would you look like someone armored/clothed with the Urchin background?

This is a good point too and just reinforces what I am saying too.
It's a RPG, let us RP.
Not everyone is just playing as '' Vault Dweller '' who's a typical Knight or Gandalf the Wizard.
More diverse attire and gear allows for people to RP as the character of their chosing better, I don't think that it should all be designed for just a single archetype.

Last edited by Svalr; 29/10/20 04:09 AM.
old hand
old hand
Ok let me clarify...

Not Skyrim-skimpy 😛

Will Minthara have other clothes besides the armor that was in the first act? Although I'm quite happy with this one.
[Linked Image]

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A

That would be more realistic. I guess it would make sense for a dwarf not to be able to equip elven armor. All items carried should be in the NPCs inventory but not necessarily one size fits all. I know, people would complain that the cool armor they found does not fit them.
Oblivion was horrible when it came to armors. At some point ebony armor suites costing as much as a house were standard equipment for poor bandids lurking in some dirty ruins hoping to steal cheese from travellers.

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 29/10/20 05:15 AM.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
old hand
old hand
Why could we not have crafting styles? This should please everyone without having to resort to mods. Plans can be found/bought/whatever, add your armour and the plan into the crafting window, now you have something you would like to wear. There could be racial and maybe class styles and other styles to account for sexy or not but everyone should be able to wear any of them.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Will Minthara have other clothes besides the armor that was in the first act? Although I'm quite happy with this one.

I am surprised you want her wearing anything really. laugh

stranger
stranger
No, thanks. Keep the realistic armors.
For those who want more sexy outfits, looots of mods will be availible, for sure.
I want my character to be a cleric/mage/ranger/whatever, not a pom pom girl.

More options through vendors would be ok (for rp perspective). But pleaaaase, make them optionals, not mandatory. I hate when the more powerfull mage robe/armor in a game is a display of my character's anatomy and that I have to wear it if I want the good stats XD

Last edited by Pélagie; 29/10/20 06:13 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zarna
Why could we not have crafting styles? This should please everyone without having to resort to mods. Plans can be found/bought/whatever, add your armour and the plan into the crafting window, now you have something you would like to wear. There could be racial and maybe class styles and other styles to account for sexy or not but everyone should be able to wear any of them.

I am surprised you want her wearing anything really. laugh

That's actually a good idea, I only briefly played ESO but I remember it having gear craftable in different cultural styles.

Originally Posted by Pélagie
No, thanks. Keep the realistic armors.
For those who want more sexy outfits, looots of mods will be availible, for sure.
I want my character to be a cleric/mage/ranger/whatever, not a pom pom girl.

More options through vendors would be ok (for rp perspective). But pleaaaase, make them optionals, not mandatory. I hate when the more powerfull mage robe/armor in a game is a display of my character's anatomy and that I have to wear it if I want the good stats XD

Why does only what you want matter tho?
People are asking for more diverse options that's all.

I don't really like typical gear like we have right now, it really does nothing for me especially the robes ( I prefer spellcasters ).
Why should the gear just all revolve around what you want?
I think you can deal with some gear here and there that doesn't suit your taste, just like how I have to deal with it with basically every other gear set.
I don't mind having access to optional transmogs, but at the same time I don't think that all of the gear by default should have to be modesty approved by the nun across the street.

I really wish we could drop this notion of realism too.
If you don't like it then just say it, there's no need to try and justify your dislike for it by arguing about realism. The gear isn't realistic and when we get into things like robes and clothes they're not going to protect you.

Edit: So long as it's in line with the setting of Baldur's Gate ofc.
In which skimpy gear already exists.

Last edited by Svalr; 29/10/20 06:47 AM.
While i agree somewhat sexy attair would be nice etc, Demanding anything wont get you much luck imo.. So some gears(like Mages and Barbarians etc) are good sexy/revealing others like heavier armor seems a bit crazy 🤪 to be half naked, but i agree alternatives should be there.

Last edited by DanteYoda; 29/10/20 06:52 AM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self
Originally Posted by Telephasic
One thing to ask is why a woman would choose to wear a sexy outfit into battle. I mean, not every woman IRL wears revealing clothing, and even those that do do not wear revealing clothing all the time. So if this were done, I'd like it to be built into the characters somehow.

So for example, maybe it's a female warrior who likes using the distraction/arousal of male combatants to her advantage in combat? Maybe they're a rogue who uses their body as a means of persuasion to hang guys out high and dry? Maybe they're an icy mage who dresses scantily because they like the attention - but also love to crush the ego of men who dare to make a pass at her?

What I wouldn't want to see is a character who seemed more or less totally oblivious to her own state of dress.

stop talking about real life !!!!!!!!!!! get on the subject, this is a a high fantasy GAME RATED M for MATURE. wtih full sex scene , go play maplestory 2 if you want a sex free game

99% of all male gamer play female char.

Like you said. rated M for mature, not R for rediculous.
Also, have you checked the community update where they showed a mashup of all characters players have created? Its a MALE human. seems to me that a lot less than 99% of male players play female characters.

Last edited by Sigi98; 29/10/20 07:00 AM.
Ok let me clarify...

Not Skyrim-skimpy 😛

[Linked Image]

I don't find her attractive at all just saying... She looks like a guy, with bad hair.

Last edited by DanteYoda; 29/10/20 07:58 AM.
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard