at least 4 weeks away ..

addict
addict
Ebin

D
stranger
stranger
D
I had an estimation that it will be one month away, after the release of Cyberpunk 2077 by a few days to get players back, big path not like 02.
But now with Cyberpunk Delay I think it might hit in two weeks (from path 02) but it wont be as big, or meaningful, just like patch 02. And then after a month will have a big update after Cyberpunk 2077 gets out, at least that's what I think, might be wrong and they have their own plan.

Last edited by Darthmansour; 29/10/20 09:47 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by cal1s
at least 4 weeks away ..

Earlier than that. A few game breaking bugs have appeared since the latest patch.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thats just the natural cycle of games development though is it not? I've been quietly writing a board game for a year or so. Still find lots of silly and annoying issues. Can only imagine how complex that process is with a big disparate team. Specially something this ambitious. Be good to get a hyper polished game now but I think it will come.

Last edited by Topper; 29/10/20 04:27 PM.
addict
addict
[Linked Image]

Looks like those bugfixes and the new patch are separate updates.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Darthmansour
I had an estimation that it will be one month away, after the release of Cyberpunk 2077 by a few days to get players back, big path not like 02.
But now with Cyberpunk Delay I think it might hit in two weeks (from path 02) but it wont be as big, or meaningful, just like patch 02. And then after a month will have a big update after Cyberpunk 2077 gets out, at least that's what I think, might be wrong and they have their own plan.

Get players back from Cyberpunk?
I think many developers already know that this is not a thing, considering the absolute hype there is around Cyberpunk.
There is no 'getting players back' following Cyberpunk's release, atleast not the players who are interested in both games.

The best Larian can get when Cyberpunk releases, is more peace and quiet in regards to the more negative feedback. Those who remains will be those extremely invested in BG3, and they might get some very thorough feedback. Many will be too busy with Cyberpunk the first many weeks, if not months.

Basically, if developers want larger scale feedback and testing, then they currently work on a "tight schedule".

veteran
veteran
I don't get why should Larian care that people go to cyberpunk if they already bought Bg3....

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Nabbs Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
seriously .. they already have your money. But yeah they could prob use some peace and quiet for a bit.

63% of all statistics are completely made up ~ Abraham Lincoln
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by TheOtter
Originally Posted by Darthmansour

Get players back from Cyberpunk?
I think many developers already know that this is not a thing, considering the absolute hype there is around Cyberpunk.
There is no 'getting players back' following Cyberpunk's release, atleast not the players who are interested in both games.

The best Larian can get when Cyberpunk releases, is more peace and quiet in regards to the more negative feedback. Those who remains will be those extremely invested in BG3, and they might get some very thorough feedback. Many will be too busy with Cyberpunk the first many weeks, if not months.

Basically, if developers want larger scale feedback and testing, then they currently work on a "tight schedule".

Nah I disagree, I am very invested in both but I know that most people cant play only one game more then one week or two. So probably after two weeks of cyberpunk, will keep playing but will want a change of scenery. And I think thats what most people will do. If they drop an update with more content, be it classes, or quests (missing from Act I) or spells and such, will defnintly go back for another run of BG 3, and I think most people will want the same. They have a lot of things to test yet in EA and they will want testers. not quite and peace after one month... makes no sense.

as for why would they care, because they want people to play, give feedback and keep the hype.
So yeah, pretty sure they will give a big update with probably some more features or content after Cyberpunk 2077 drops, maybe not right after, maybe they will wait for a month, but I am sure they will. Those who think EA is only about money dont really know how to it works. Its about testing, it is also about money and shareholders being happy, but its mainly about testing and keeping intrest. Otherwise they would just open preorder option for the money and not give EA access at all.

Last edited by Darthmansour; 29/10/20 06:23 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
New content keeps the hype alive which keeps the game on peoples radar which in turn makes for more sales.
I think that we'll at least get the complete Act 1 in the end and maybe another class at least but I also won't get my hopes up about it either.

veteran
veteran
Since I already bought the game I honestly don't care. As far as I'm concerned, they can keep sending bug fixes until release if it means the final game would be better for it

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Abits
Since I already bought the game I honestly don't care. As far as I'm concerned, they can keep sending bug fixes until release if it means the final game would be better for it

I mean, that's exactly the plan. Isn't it?

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard