Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
HP bloat is fine.
Don't hear you crying that your characters automatically get max hp every level.
This game is too easy as it is.

Never mind you don't even understand what you're asking for,
Without HP you'll have to either lower hit-chance to keep the same level of combat, meaning that even more of your attacks would be annoying misses, which is not fun for anyone, or you have to add more enemy creatures to every encounter, and the whole thing lurches very fast off-balance, since more creatures means more attacks on you, meaning instead of fun well calculated fights u have a horde fight on ur hands every time and it just becomes silly.

Last edited by Lightzy; 29/10/20 09:25 AM.
veteran
veteran
After playing Solasta I remember again how satisfying it is to drop 3 goblins hiding behind cover with Sleep. The Wizard has a purpose other than spamming fire surfaces from high ground.

Did Larian nerf Sleep's duration as well? It hits only one goblin and it wakes up right away.

Goblins have 7HP for a reason. You can sometimes one hit them, because they are the weakest minions. But not on a weak hit. 7 is a good number.

I hate Larian's HP bloated goblins who all have a name and an arsenal of exploding fire / acid / knockback arrows. I just want a horde of nameless grunts to CC with spells and carve a path through with Fighters, as it should be.

And the females look so cute with their hair-dos and british accents it feels like they are people much more than monsters. I don't want a moral conflict when killing goblins! That's what the Tieflings are for.

Last edited by 1varangian; 29/10/20 09:32 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lightzy
HP bloat is fine.
Don't hear you crying that your characters automatically get max hp every level.
This game is too easy as it is.

Characters don't get max hp every level...???
Originally Posted by Lightzy
Never mind you don't even understand what you're asking for,
Without HP you'll have to either lower hit-chance to keep the same level of combat, meaning that even more of your attacks would be annoying misses, which is not fun for anyone, or you have to add more enemy creatures to every encounter, and the whole thing lurches very fast off-balance, since more creatures means more attacks on you, meaning instead of fun well calculated fights u have a horde fight on ur hands every time and it just becomes silly.

The problem is that HP bloat (combined with only AC reduction) has other consequences, like making spells that affect HP (sleep) or spells against Saves (sacred flame) suck. I'd be much more fine with HP increase if they decreased AC and enemy Saving Throws and proportionally buffed spells like Sleep. But then you run into the problem of "Okay, sleep is now too powerful against the normal-HP players, which means player HP has to increase, which means now enemies need to be buffed.....etc, etc.

Simple solution. Don't buff HP. Just reduce enemy AC and ST on lower difficulties. This allows players to hit often on easier difficulties (and thus have more fun) but doesn't have a cascading chain of effects.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard