Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Nezix
The updated results are very interesting. Reddit is definitely more positive about the game. But it's nice to see there are rating for things like surfaces, cantrips, stealth, disengage, items, and a few others where both sets of data are very similar and the majority fall in to the dissatisfied half.

I was surprised by the shift in the positiveness of Reddit compared to the previous version. With this higher sample they moved toward the center of the ratings.

It’s also very amusing that summing the results from more than 1000 interviews, the most repeated word mentioned was Divinity in the word cloud.
And I’m not even considering DOS3, DOS2, etc.
is this a bad thing? Dunno . But it does show that they could’ve done a better job in the battle identity.

addict
addict
On reddit, people are far more casual. And Larian is far more beloved there

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by SorcererVictor

I don't know if there is any actual basis for that opinion. The only thing in the survey that was seen was less familiarity with the genre

Larian | Reddit % played
DOS 1/2: 89 | 87
DAO: 82 | 80
BG1/2: 70 | 53
NWN: 62 | 46
Fallout:46 | 38
------
Icewind Dale: 46 | 28
Torment: 42 | 26
Wasteland: 30 | 22

And we see the biggest split happen at the bottom in what were niche games - Icewind, Torment, and Wasteland. You may have loved them, but they were not block busters in how many people play them.

With an average of about 10% difference in play experience on the major games and a ONE% difference in those who have played D&D that does not support a 30% difference and a 1 -> 10 flip on hate/love decisions at all by tacking it to experience. From what I can see. Anecdotally, being on both forums, I would not walk away and say only smart, technical, experienced, knowledgeable people are on here or even say that the comments reflect a majority of more experienced individuals.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Orbax

I don't know if there is any actual basis for that opinion. The only thing in the survey that was seen was less familiarity with the genre

Larian | Reddit % played
------

And we see the biggest split happen at the bottom in what were niche games - Icewind, Torment, and Wasteland. You may have loved them, but they were not block busters in how many people play them.

With an average of about 10% difference in play experience on the major games and a ONE% difference in those who have played D&D that does not support a 30% difference and a 1 -> 10 flip on hate/love decisions at all by tacking it to experience. From what I can see. Anecdotally, being on both forums, I would not walk away and say only smart, technical, experienced, knowledgeable people are on here or even say that the comments reflect a majority of more experienced individuals.

BG1/2 and FNV aren't that behind DOS1/2 either.

I an pretty sure that this questionaire if posted on GoG and Steam would have different results.

old hand
old hand
Based off of the 1 time we have moved outside of the forums, and it being different, I would say we have equal odds of it being the same or different. It feels likely, but that is also based on nothing, and nothing in the data is showing a strong correlation to explain current differences.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S

Larian | Reddit % played
------

Orbax, based in the assumptions that Larian & Reddit sources are not that different from a technical perspective, I’d say that probably the memes outshine deep discussions in Reddit. Does that make consistent feedback gathering harder? Definitely.

Last edited by Sludge Khalid; 29/10/20 03:47 PM.
veteran
veteran
@Sludge Khalid

I asked this before, but can you post updated tables of results comparing average responses from people who said they are familiar with D&D rules vs those who aren't? Those tables were very interesting.

Keep up the good work!

old hand
old hand
I think meme rate is more of a measure 1. The Karma farming aspect of reddit - there is no upside to doing that here - and 2. Fear of moderator activity more than a measure of anyone's natural proclivity towards doing such. Memes also have a ton of information in them. They hit on commonly held beliefs like the guy looking back meme who is an NPC and the rest of the part is next to him and hes rubbernecking Gale. They aren't useless, but it is definitely a different format and more difficult to scrape. They require analysis as opposed to giving one, but that isn't to say they are without merit or information laugh

Last edited by Orbax; 29/10/20 03:52 PM.

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
@Sludge Khalid

I asked this before, but can you post updated tables of results comparing average responses from people who said they are familiar with D&D rules vs those who aren't? Those tables were very interesting.

Keep up the good work!

I confess that I got a little bit tired of uploading the research every single day but now we’re reaching the sample maturity. I’ll use that data I’ve gathered to cross them in some special ways like: BG3 satisfaction for those who played bg1/2. Also, DnD5e knowledge vs satisfaction and so on.
Those crossings are somehow more boring to do, because I’ll have to open the power point and build the charts. Currently I’m being as lazy as possible using only the charts generated by google forms :p

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
I think meme rate is more of a measure 1. The Karma farming aspect of reddit - there is no upside to doing that here - and 2. Fear of moderator activity more than a measure of anyone's natural proclivity towards doing such. Memes also have a ton of information in them. They hit on commonly held beliefs like the guy looking back meme who is an NPC and the rest of the part is next to him and hes rubbernecking Gale. They aren't useless, but it is definitely a different format and more difficult to scrape. They require analysis as opposed to giving one, but that isn't to say they are without merit or information laugh

Indeed. Guess I’m too grumpy as I dislike 99% of the memes there. Perhaps Reddit isn’t for me my fellow comrade.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sludge Khalid
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
@Sludge Khalid

Keep up the good work!

I confess that I got a little bit tired of uploading the research every single day but now we’re reaching the sample maturity. I’ll use that data I’ve gathered to cross them in some special ways like: BG3 satisfaction for those who played bg1/2. Also, DnD5e knowledge vs satisfaction and so on.
Those crossings are somehow more boring to do, because I’ll have to open the power point and build the charts. Currently I’m being as lazy as possible using only the charts generated by google forms :p

I fully understand. You of course don't need to make these tables immediately. Just at some point, presented with your final results, it'd be great to see the differences between the two populations

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
I’ll spend some time in the weekend to do it wink

journeyman
journeyman
I'd like my original survey removed; i have a new perspective of the game now lol. it's still over all good but it's way more critical. should i wait for v2.0?

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Popsculpture
I'd like my original survey removed; i have a new perspective of the game now lol. it's still over all good but it's way more critical. should i wait for v2.0?

I’m sorry but we can’t change googleforms answers frown
Next survey maybe.

journeyman
journeyman
I'll wait rather than doing a second form; don't want to mess the numbers up

journeyman
journeyman

Define casual? Casual is a label we use when someone has less experience with a game than you. It doesn't mean anything and likely changes from game to game.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sludge Khalid

Indeed. Guess I’m too grumpy as I dislike 99% of the memes there. Perhaps Reddit isn’t for me my fellow comrade.

I dont like most of them either, dont worry haha

old hand
old hand
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat..._medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Well, if they only read megs threads, I think we are all screwed for feedback.

*picks hat up off the table and puts it on. Opens door and grimaces distastefully as a blast of cold air swirls in. *

I guess I'll see you all on page 312 of the infinite megathread.

*the door closes with a soft thud, once again trapping the silence in the small lodge

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat..._medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Well, if they only read megs threads, I think we are all screwed for feedback.

*picks hat up off the table and puts it on. Opens door and grimaces distastefully as a blast of cold air swirls in. *

I guess I'll see you all on page 312 of the infinite megathread.

*the door closes with a soft thud, once again trapping the silence in the small lodge

Oh yeah, gathering feedback in their own forum would be way too mainstream

apprentice
apprentice
If you could share a mug of beer with Swen, what would you suggest?

Give it to Obsidian kthxbye

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard