Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Elgohar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
So I've noticed that when you talk to this kid there is a perception check... I've tried to succeed on multiple characters repeatedly and just never succeed. Does anyone know what happens if you succeed? This is the kid selling the "magic rings."

I think you it's just a "You notice him giving his buddy a sly wink" when you finish.

I think it might be an unfinished pickpocket scenario. If you have a rogue you can have some rogue dialogue options with him... He gives you a magic ring which you can perform a slight of hand trick to impress him and if you pass a check he does a weird little animation that looks like he should be pickpocketing you.. (but nothing of mine ever went missing.) If you then go into the cave to talk to the kid tielfing leader he'll tell you to go away or you'll be sorry,, Keep pestering him and he goes and picks a bunch of stuff up for no reason which lead me to believe that was supposed to be your stuff that the other kid stole. I don't know. Something is obviously just unfinished there.

Last edited by vyvexthorne; 29/10/20 06:00 PM.
That's in the grove, right? I think you just notice that he sells useless junk if the perception check succeeds.

old hand
old hand
Have him PROVE his ring is magic, by calling heasd or tails over and over and over and over again. Proceed to be unconvinced and leave. It's the funniest part of the whole game.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
The thieflings kids gang is cute (and sad) but also full of misteries, why does the red barechested guardian of the door doesn't talk, how are they able to do their deeds without being noticed, are they orphans? But specially
why in the hell there'is a message in the bottle written by Doni in the Underdark beach? And what does that messages imply?

Also I want the little mute thiefling has apprentice for my Ranger (or any of my different characters).

Stranger than life
Stranger than life
There's a string on the ring attached to the fishing pole. I guess. I remember Top Cat, close friends get to call him TC. The presence of lost kids with no parents from Elturel was really good, and the way Mol endangers everyone they meet. Both Mol and Zevlor are dangerous. To themselves and everyone due to past failures/ catastrophe. Pretty decent writing.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Yiasemi
There's a string on the ring attached to the fishing pole. I guess. I remember Top Cat, close friends get to call him TC. The presence of lost kids with no parents from Elturel was really good, and the way Mol endangers everyone they meet. Both Mol and Zevlor are dangerous. To themselves and everyone due to past failures/ catastrophe. Pretty decent writing.

I'd almost forgotten Top Cat. That gives a whole different vibe to the naughty urchins.

J'aime le fromage.
A
stranger
stranger
A
It’s not currently unfinished, at least from what i can tell. But you may be missing something *spoilers ahead*

If you go past their cave and the booth without interacting, then turn left past the bear. You will come to a beach.

If during the encounter you use rogue skills and abilities (sneak attack almost always guarantees the dialog) then the kid will tell you that you need to meet his boss and tells you how to have a positive interaction with him.

Skip the kids selling loot and go into the cave. He should be friendly now.

Alternately you can take the no honor among theives route, sneak in with just your rogue. Stealth AFTER he catches you but before he’s done counting… and he will stand there shouting while you pick his pocket and take over 250 gold, several potions and scrolls and other loot items.

Link Copied to Clipboard