Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Azarielle
Originally Posted by Abits
You get to kill stuff 😉🤣😜😉🤣😜😉

Hey but I got to kill stuff (possibly even more "stuff" than if I went to Druid Grove) plus (don't judge) I find it EXTREMELY satisfying to blow up the ones in the courtyard.

Agreed on that with Astarion at camp party before you know "letting the dogs out" 🤫🤷

I know I was only joking. Really if "kill stuff" is what you're looking for there's plenty of goblins so wtf

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."

Lol honestly your adventures reminds me of this skit.
[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/GPUgjy-Pn-4[/video]

Yeah I was even on board with Arabella dying - even had that snarky remark ready, but thought "well I might as well try as it always fails anyway..."

And with Nettie it kinda makes more sense to intimidate her first telling her, you're gonna tear apart her beloved grove not just her, if she doesn't cut the crap (ofc killing her if it didn't work). As for swearing on anything - come on Nettie we're not in kindergarden!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
I was wondering if a failsafe state existed for not interacting with the Tieflings and Goblins at all, turns out there is none. So the argument of there being some kind of neutral third path is now void.

I tried that as well. There is no way to avoid the initial fight in the grove. I tried to avoid everything else (meaning I left immediately after the battle was over without entering the grove) but I kinda broke the game.

If you only do the grove gate fight the ending cinematic only mention you discovered the Grove and the Tielfings (which you did), then it skip to the dark fortress part.

If you watch the video from the start, you'll see how he bypassed the grove gate fight.

And I'm not sure I get the "no failsafe state = no neutral third path". The cinematic at the end is what you are thinking of (your reverie), why would you know anything about things you weren't around for?

Last edited by azarhal; 29/10/20 06:34 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by azarhal

If you only do the grove gate fight the ending cinematic only mention you discovered the Grove and the Tielfings (which you did), then it skip to the dark fortress part.

If you watch the video from the start, you'll see how he bypassed the grove gate fight.

I think that line and the fortress line are the start and finish trigger with all the permutations in between, but maybe you can get a boat -> fortress narration if you skip the grove through sequence breaking?

addict
addict

I think that line and the fortress line are the start and finish trigger with all the permutations in between, but maybe you can get a boat -> fortress narration if you skip the grove through sequence breaking?

The guy skipped the grove fight by never triggering it via jumping across paths. The ending script recognized not doing the Grove fight so he never meet the druids and Tieflings and tus the two unavoidable parts are mentioned in the cinematic: prologue and the dark fortress.

The lines in that cinematic aren't necessarily in the order you did them too from my experience.

Last edited by azarhal; 29/10/20 06:49 PM.
veteran
veteran
So there is a way to avoid that fight altogether? Stupid stupid Larian

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
addict
addict

The guy skipped the grove fight by never triggering it via jumping across paths. The ending script recognized not doing the Grove fight so he never meet the druids and Tieflings and tus the two unavoidable parts are mentioned in the cinematic: prologue and the dark fortress.
The lines in that cinematic aren't necessarily in the order you did them too from my experience.

I knew it, that's hilarious.

veteran
veteran
How is Alfira dying and Volo being put in a cage rewarding. Is killing origin characters when you meet them rewarding?

Isnt it obvious? I dont like either of them ...

Originally Posted by Riandor
I take killing the Goblins or everyone at the Druid Grove as par for the course.

Sure, but that is only one group ... we were talking about "kill everyone" ... meaning all 3g roups.

Originally Posted by Worm
So deep! You can kill every NPC in the game! Wow what a well thought out mechanic

What is the feedback value of a comment like this? If you want to vent use twitter or something.

Its basic rule of trolling ... i say something is good, so he must say its bad.
And when i dont say something, he would not care, pretend that i did, and then being against it.

I would not recomend search for some depth in this.

Originally Posted by Azarielle
Now are we actually good? I was going for chaotic neutral but whole my motivations may differ the end result is the same as with my good aligned wizard.

And does it even matter? smile
It sounds like fun, and everything was "acording to character" wasnt it?
I only wish more people here would undestand that ... frown

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Again, I’m not against you wanting to go all out Armageddon, but I’m arguing for a more nuanced approach as well. One that is more suggestive to the player as to what options they have (companion dialogue or NPC’s etc...) and one which rewards the devious.

Like I said, why not slaughter the Druids, hand over the grove to the Tieflings, then corrupt and bring them into the collective of the Absolute?

That’s just an example, which might be overstating the player’s importance to the area around Act 1, but in essence I would like more ways to skin this cat.

Though saying that I’m likely going to be more good than evil when I play properly, but you never know.

Last edited by Riandor; 29/10/20 08:25 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
How is Alfira dying and Volo being put in a cage rewarding. Is killing origin characters when you meet them rewarding?

Isnt it obvious? I dont like either of them ...

I don't know how to tell you this my guy, but Volo is one of the most enduring characters in all of Dungeons and Dragons and Alfira is almost guaranteed to be performing multiple songs throughout the full game considering the devs just reshoot her entire singing scene. That you do not like them does not change the fact that you lock yourself out of m huge amount of content by killing them. Volo will probably even come back on his own so I assume you will keep trying to kill him over and over again then. Go you, I suppose. You seem to be exactly the kind of person Larian had in mind when they designed the evil path.

journeyman
journeyman
so i changed my outlook on this recently and the "Evil" router isn't about choosing EVERY evil option. there are nuances and over all i did enjoy is up until the unavoidable
The absolute wants you dead now! don't go back to the goblin camp; you'll be KoS
after the grove arch.

Edit: I looked at my previous stance i and still agree with OPs suggestions. only mu over all outlook on the main arch story wise being better if you don't go full edgelord

Last edited by Popsculpture; 29/10/20 08:48 PM.
Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
You know... if this Ragnarok fella enjoys chaotic evil so much...
He wont even be inconvenienced by the changes people are suggesting.

Its obvious he is going to headcanon his own story anyway.
So if Minthara joins him or the Absolute minions join him in a more constructive way.... who cares?

Ragnarokczd is soooooooooo evil he would kill them anyway with his evil edgy swords.
So... who cares?

Edit: oh right i forgot the emojis eek smile laugh laugh laugh

Last edited by Eddiar; 29/10/20 08:45 PM.
veteran
veteran
Again, I’m not against you wanting to go all out Armageddon

In one of my seven playthrough. So far. laugh
As i sayd ... Only a Sith deals in absolutes. wink

Like I said, why not slaughter the Druids, hand over the grove to the Tieflings, then corrupt and bring them into the collective of the Absolute?

Im not against it at all ... O_o
On the contrary, i would like to see civillians chased in that prison ... and when that fight will be over i would let your character to decide if they are going to be eaten by Goblins, or sold to slavers, or maybe sacrificed to the Absolute prehaps, or even set to be free ... or "set to be free" chased by goblins. >:]
There is enouch place for many forms of evil. wink

Seem like interesting idea, not sure how much it fits to rest of the story tho ... but that is up to Larian ... also i recomend to send somewhere else, feddback you have on launcher prehaps, bcs here it probably will be forgotten really quick. :-/

I was just talking about our previous conversation earlier ... wink

I don't know how to tell you this my guy, but Volo is one of the most enduring characters in all of Dungeons and Dragons and Alfira is almost guaranteed to be performing multiple songs throughout the full game considering the devs just reshoot her entire singing scene. That you do not like them does not change the fact that you lock yourself out of m huge amount of content by killing them. Volo will probably even come back on his own so I assume you will keep trying to kill him over and over again then. Go you, I suppose. You seem to be exactly the kind of person Larian had in mind when they designed the evil path.

As David Lister once said:
I never wanna see or hear from that scum sucking, lying, weasel minded smeghead in my entire life.

In other words, yes i know i will lock myself out of "some" amount of content ... content that i would probably skip anyway.
Also i know who Volo is, but i never liked him ... anyway when you create anoying character it dont matter how "enduring" it is, or how many songs you prepared for her ... mainly its just anoying. :-/

Its same with Marigold (Dandelion in english i think, never understanded why they change names in different languages) from Witcher ... being in Gerald skin, he would not survive single episode. :-/
He anoying, useless, and prowide double throubles than help. :-/

Im not sure why are we discussing this ... im happy i get rid off them ...
You are not, therefore you would probably not killing them.
Everyone happy? smile

journeyman
journeyman
So long as we have more choices, let anyone do as they please.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eddiar
You know... if this Ragnarok fella enjoys chaotic evil so much...
He wont even be inconvenienced by the changes people are suggesting.

Its obvious he is going to headcanon his own story anyway.
So if Minthara joins him or the Absolute minions join him in a more constructive way.... who cares?

Ragnarokczd is soooooooooo evil he would kill them anyway with his evil edgy swords.
So... who cares?

Edit: oh right i forgot the emojis eek smile laugh laugh laugh

Do you have anything worthwhile saying in the thread, other than obsessing about other people?

If you can't post something of original thought that contributes to the thread, I advise not posting. You don't have to post.

Behave guys.

Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Its a valid point.

Much of the thread is this person debating 8 different people about how the current choices are fine as they are and constantly pushing the idea that being evil is all about betrayal and killing people whenever and wherever.

He has stated before he hopes that Larian does not implement any of the changes that people are suggesting.
But I said... why.
Even if Larian does implement everything people suggest he can still do everything he wants.
Attack and kill whomever he wants so his resistance and the current debate going on is pointless.
Especially considering the fact as it has been raised by several people this person makes up their story as they explain their preference.
So there is no need to worry about changed voice acted dialogues or cinematics events.

The whole point of the post was to put the whole debate for the past... 5 pages? Into perspective.

I find your post kind of interesting though.
Did my emoji joke go so far? Really? I mean this guy has called me demented and has used other slurs. Right now the front page is 4 or 5 different threads about nudity and fetishes.
But I went too far? Sigh... ok I guess...

Last edited by Eddiar; 29/10/20 10:14 PM.
veteran
veteran
It's not your job to determine what is valid or invalid feedback. Feel free to raise your own thoughts, but it's not an opinion-competition.

If you believe people are stepping out of line, use the report button. Don't feed the troll, as people say.

Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I didn't.

I raised a point that his version of evil.
Chaotic evil can still be achieved, even if all the changes were implemented.

I am not even the first to point this out either.
If the need is to be allowed to betray people and kill them for no other reason than to betray and kill you could do that.

You can even kill origin characters.
How was this post not constructive in the wider debate?

I don't even know why you decided to warn me like this publically.
We could have discussed over the DMs.
But if we must discuss it here I am happy to. I would love to understand what makes these posts unconstructive?

veteran
veteran
If you dont mind ... this person would like to defent itself.
Much of the thread is this person debating 8 different people about how the current choices are fine as they are

This part is true.

and constantly pushing the idea that being evil is all about betrayal and killing people whenever and wherever.

This whole time hes telling you it depends on your character ...
When you play chaotic evil, its fine as it is ... and he specificly told you, that if you are missing any options to fit your character better, that should in his opinion content of your sugestions. O_o

You two even agreed on paige 2, or 3, that take some prisoners would be great idea. O_o

He has stated before he hopes that Larian does not implement any of the changes that people are suggesting.

And he still do ...
He dont mind adding options, he mind changing current options, since he likes them.

Even if Larian does implement everything people suggest he can still do everything he wants.

He certainly hopes so. smile
He is glad you two can agree on something.

I mean this guy has called me demented and has used other slurs.

Let him repeat himself:
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
(Its not an insult, i just cant find more fitting word in this language ... In my language, this word means to set the initial attributes so that any observer of the phenomenon cannot in any case have a different result than desired one.)

Now let him provide a proof: https://cs.wiktionary.org/wiki/dementovat

And finaly let him provide and appology ... he honestly mean what he said, it was never ment to be insult. frown
He is sorry. (I checked!)

addict
addict
I made a Drow Lolth priest to check out the evil path, but when I got to the druid battle and took the side of the goblins...
The goblins just attacked me and the druids didn't retailiate. I even shot one of their prone warriors. How much more evil can you get ?
But the goblins didn't take the hint. So, they didn't want to let me fight on their side.
Not that I want to be evil, but Larian wants us to try it, so I tried, but there seems to be a glitch.

Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard