Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#722279 29/10/20 10:19 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hello there. smile
First of all i want to point out that i love this game with many of its aspects ... so far. :P
But there is some space for improvements, and i would like to talk about one of them now.

I wonder if there is even some chance to faster combat a bit ...
Everyone who was fighting with any group larger than 5-10 enemies should know what im talking about ... especialy when you are standing against whole town. :-/

If i recall it corectly ...
We were told that when first enemy starts to move, all his actions are decided in that moment ... and game allready starts to decide actions for another one. Either this system was not implemented yet, or its not as effective as i expected.
I just wanted to ask ... if / when this system will be implemented, and optimalized ...

What do you think about option, that will set number of enemies, that could move in their turns together?
Simmilar to players, who can all move in their turn simultaneously.
Meaning that when Goblin 1 have all actions decided, and Goblin 2 starts to calculate his actions ... there is no need for Goblin 2 to wait until Goblin 1 finish everything he does ... and can start the second his calculations were done ... etc. etc.

I would presume that there will be two problems:
1) this will need some serious processing power, but that is why i suggested to put that in settings, so everyone can adjust it to his own taste.
2) camera. :-/ And here im honestly kinda trapped ... i was either wondering about "allways tactical camera while enemy turn" ... or enemies only moving "off screen" but still waiting for each other to attack.

Any thoughts?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
D
D
Simultaneous AI has been requested before, and I really hope they add it as an option you can adjust

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I thought it was only designed as an AI for the player's companions ... I quite enjoy their control and I wouldn't want to lose it.
I'm only talking about NPCs that the player never reaches out.

If this is the case and the same request is already there somewhere, then this topic can be deleted. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
It's a shame we needed few A4 pages of discussion to get to what you said, but yes. There was a similar thread with similar conclusion. See this thread :
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=703440

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
enthusiast
enthusiast
There should be a speed-up button imo, it's the same with traveling it can get a bit tedious if you're going back to places that are already safe and explored.

apprentice
apprentice
welcome to turnbased

fkin snoozefest

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
It's in EA... as the game develops, so will the AI's ability to make faster choices.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Evandir
It's in EA... as the game develops, so will the AI's ability to make faster choices.

*ostensibly

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Yeah, I am sure the AI turns will become much faster as they optimize. The only question if they will iron it out before release, which is what I hope they will.

Link Copied to Clipboard