Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hey, how do we know we've seen the ending of EA as an evil character? I destroyed the grove, Minthara sent me to a goblin who can help me reach the Moonrise Towers, and I killed Halsin after he confronted us in camp. Can't reach the path to the Moonrise Towers - is there an official ending to see here? I know there is for the good side, but I haven't seen it yet - that playthrough is next! Is the official ending only if we don't side with Minthara?

old hand
old hand
Yes, this is terribly unfair, the developers gave more content to a good walkthrough and worked it better, made the ending only in a good walkthrough, and then showed us a 75 to 25 statistics. By the way, this creature is not a goblin - a drider with a 90% probability

You can support my open letter to Larian about the "Evil way", I mentioned this point there too
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=722417#Post722417

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
E
stranger
stranger
E
Weren't the devs encouraging people to play the villain? It sucks that they don't have more to show us for the evil play through if it is true but I'm sure as EA progresses that you will be able to do more(?) Alternatively, just because you sided with the druids doesn't mean you aren't "evil." I was a complete ass every chance I got and screwed over pretty much any NPC I could... I would consider that evil.

OP Offline
Thanks for the confirmation!

I agree Elgohar - actually, unless our character is either chaotic evil crazy, falls madly in love with Minthara at first sight, suddenly doesn't want to remove the parasite, or thinks the only way to actually remove the parasite is to play along with the Absolute true souls, the evil path of siding with Minthara really doesn't make much sense. None of those circumstances are expressed in dialogue, journal, cutscene, internal thought...

It'd make much more sense, even if evil, to rescue Halsin so he can help us - potentially killing him after he cures us, whatever. But siding with Minthara now either means we, quite surprisingly, choose to keep the tadpole, think for some reason no one can cure us except the source of the Absolute, or are just solidly enchanted by Minthara and will do whatever she says.

I hope the narrative leading to this evil path is developed a bit more to make the choice more sensible =)

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by The Drow Warlock
Hey, how do we know we've seen the ending of EA as an evil character? I destroyed the grove, Minthara sent me to a goblin who can help me reach the Moonrise Towers, and I killed Halsin after he confronted us in camp. Can't reach the path to the Moonrise Towers - is there an official ending to see here? I know there is for the good side, but I haven't seen it yet - that playthrough is next! Is the official ending only if we don't side with Minthara?

There are places where you can bump up against the edge of EA like the mountain pass where it will tell you that you can go no farther but if you want the end, end of EA (good or evil) then you have to board the boat in the Underdark. When you do that, you get a "thanks for playing" cinematic.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Elgrippa
Originally Posted by The Drow Warlock

There are places where you can bump up against the edge of EA like the mountain pass where it will tell you that you can go no farther but if you want the end, end of EA (good or evil) then you have to board the boat in the Underdark. When you do that, you get a "thanks for playing" cinematic.

Board the boat in the Underdark, okay. The entrance to the Underdark is under the goblin camp, which we are not allowed to enter until we pass the Absolute test. An evil hero has a different path to the Moonrise Tower

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
stranger
stranger
There are 4 paths to the Underdark

1. Under the goblin camp
2. Through Auntie Ethel's fireplace and a well hidden wooden face door
3. Feather fall + jumping down the big dark hole at the end of the Blighted Village's well area
4. The Zhent hideout has an elevator to it through an illusion wall

So evil characters can get down there as well through one of the other paths.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Rylee
There are 4 paths to the Underdark

1. Under the goblin camp
2. Through Auntie Ethel's fireplace and a well hidden wooden face door
3. Feather fall + jumping down the big dark hole at the end of the Blighted Village's well area
4. The Zhent hideout has an elevator to it through an illusion wall

So evil characters can get down there as well through one of the other paths.

Yes, but in a good passage he is sent there on the main quest. In a evil passage, another road to the Moonrise Tower is considered canon. There is no hint of the Underdark, I thought I went through early access when I saw the map.

F
addict
addict
F
In the finished game their will be at least two routes to Moonrise Tower (I suspect more), and both are irrespective of good or evil choices. The only effect choosing the good or evil path has is who it is tells you to go to Moonrise.

Link Copied to Clipboard