Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
[Linked Image]
This mod seems to confirm that Karlach is a class not available in EA yet. Paladin, maybe?

There's a significant lack of voiced dialog, and you may often see |Karlach comment!|.

Looks like Karlach is still very much in development, more so than the other 5 origin characters.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
[Linked Image]
This mod seems to confirm that Karlach is a class not available in EA yet. Paladin, maybe?

There's a significant lack of voiced dialog, and you may often see |Karlach comment!|.

Looks like Karlach is still very much in development, more so than the other 5 origin characters.

The proficiencies would fit

addict
addict
[Linked Image]

She's a Paladin, I'm pretty sure of it. "Paladin of Zariel", but probably Oathbreaker now technically, but I suspect Vengeance is what she's going to be. Saying that, if she was a Paladin, that means she his lying, as nobody become a Paladin unwillingly

N
old hand
old hand
N
[Linked Image]

I am pretty sure she's a Paladin. Even if she was forced to, she fought a holy war as a champion. And she says she's very good at killing demons and she enjoys it.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by azarhal
She's a Paladin, I'm pretty sure of it. "Paladin of Zariel", but probably Oathbreaker now technically, but I suspect Vengeance is what she's going to be. Saying that, if she was a Paladin, that means she his lying, as nobody become a Paladin unwillingly

How does an Oathbreaker Paladin function in dialogue? I'd imagine a regular Paladin has to say things in line with their Oath but once you break it are you just a regular character in terms of mechanics?

addict
addict
Shadowheart's datamined voice lines. Lots of that stuff is clearly cut, many are narrative lines that aren't used anymore. Mix banter, combat barks, PC lines and her lines.

But so weird, but I'm not going to listen to 5.5 hours of it. Although I might, it's kinda hilarious with the way it's all mixed up + her snark.

There are spoilers of course.

"I've been rob again" (lol)

Reading someone's epitaph super flatly.

"You've doom us all!!!"

My favorite lines:
"If you break your promise, I'll kill you" (scary calm cold whisper)

"I dream of someone I'm very attracted to, and no...it wasn't you" (lol, the line in the EA is different)

"You're as loyal as pup, and twice as handsome"

addict
addict

How does an Oathbreaker Paladin function in dialogue? I'd imagine a regular Paladin has to say things in line with their Oath but once you break it are you just a regular character in terms of mechanics?

The only way to leave Oathbreaking is by atoning (which means showing you are repentant and doing quest to regain favor).

If a Paladin break his Oath, he should become an Oathbreaker, but I'm not sure if that's going to be in the game. Devotion is easy to track via dialogues, but Vengeance is not.

The problem with Karlach is that Oathbreaker doesn't really fit what we know of her mechanically. Vengeance would fit better.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Karlach could quite possibly start at level 1 like all the other companions, so you could make her any sort of paladin you want.

Vengeance makes the most sense, though. She outright says that she has a score to settle with somebody in Baldur’s Gate.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Shadowheart's datamined voice lines. Lots of that stuff is clearly cut, many are narrative lines that aren't used anymore. Mix banter, combat barks, PC lines and her lines.

But so weird, but I'm not going to listen to 5.5 hours of it. Although I might, it's kinda hilarious with the way it's all mixed up + her snark.

"You've doom us all!!!"

My favorite lines:

"I dream of someone I'm very attracted to, and no...it wasn't you" (lol, the line in the EA is different)

She also has a line where she outright states that the Sharran circle in Baldur's Gate wiped her memories in order to have her carry out her mission of obtaining the Gith artifact and that upon completion of this mission her memories will be restored, so that theory is confirmed now.

addict
addict

"You've doom us all!!!"

My favorite lines:

She also has a line where she outright states that the Sharran circle in Baldur's Gate wiped her memories in order to have her carry out her mission of obtaining the Gith artifact and that upon completion of this mission her memories will be restored, so that theory is confirmed now.

Wasn't a theory, it's already available in the game if you play a Cleric of Shar, people just don't believe it because it doesn't match their theory of what she is.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict

Wasn't a theory, it's already available in the game if you play a Cleric of Shar, people just don't believe it because it doesn't match their theory of what she is.

Oh alright then. If people believe she is a brainwashed Selunite then that is not really out of the question yet. We don't know what memories the Sharrans in Baldur's Gate erased.

R
old hand
old hand
R

Oh alright then. If people believe she is a brainwashed Selunite then that is not really out of the question yet. We don't know what memories the Sharrans in Baldur's Gate erased.

Shadowheart is somehow connected to Selune, otherwise she wouldn't react so strangely. Besides, I doubt that they would put such powerful spoilers in EA, they are surely aware that players will dig every file they get access to. We'll probably find out only after we reach Baldur's Gate.

P.S. Why do we use the spoiler in a topic marked as "huge spoilers"?

Last edited by Rhobar121; 29/10/20 10:16 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Better yet, why are you guys using spoiler tags for things that aren’t spoilers? 😂

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by Dreygor6091
Originally Posted by Goldberry
But Warforged are Eberron o.o

There is planar travel, it is very feasible that a character from Eberron or Dragonlance, or even Darksun could find their way to Toril. The Doors of Sigil stretch to all planes of existance, and since the illithid did have a planes traversing nautiloid, races from everywhere could have been taken.

You don't even need planar travel to have Warforged being active on Toril.
There are several Toril-based groups who could create them (artificers, Lantan and Red Wizards).

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Better yet, why are you guys using spoiler tags for things that aren’t spoilers? 😂

Habits!

And people have different threshold for spoilers, someone decided to stop coming over this thread after reading things revealed in Zevlor's voiced lines because it was too much...and they were under spoiler tags.

Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Shadowheart is somehow connected to Selune, otherwise she wouldn't react so strangely. Besides, I doubt that they would put such powerful spoilers in EA, they are surely aware that players will dig every file they get access to. We'll probably find out only after we reach Baldur's Gate.

There are some crazy spoilers in Zevlor's voiced lines of things not in the EA. Unclear if this mean it was cut or for Act 1 B (there are map files that use act1B naming).

For Shadowheart's lines you have:
- more Raphael references (including mentioning someone probing her for info about Raphael)
- references to the Moon Heresy (I'm pretty sure that's what it is, a place with a mix of both goddess statues/symbolism)
- references to the tattoos and it seems they are new and connected to Shar
- references to an NPC not in the EA and reading epitaphs for some who are in the EA
- a reference to the Zevlor's spoilers not in the EA
- multiple references to some crazy ghoul or cannibal.

"I can't tell if its morning, angry or just hungry" ~ Shadowheart waking up?

Last edited by azarhal; 30/10/20 12:41 AM.
T
T

Looks like **redacted** is still very much in development, more so than the other 5 origin characters.

Good, hopefully there is still time for Larian to make her friendlier.

Last edited by trengilly; 30/10/20 04:29 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
She was a devil champion, shes not going to be cotton candy and rainbows.

Thats not too say i don't hope there is going to be a friendlier female Li, but she isn't it.

Last edited by N7Greenfire; 30/10/20 08:22 AM.
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Vengeance makes the most sense, though.

Well, that's not the only option.
She can be a Oath of Conquest paladin. Such paladins often become in the service of tyrants and the archdevils.
"Xanathar's Guide to Everything" mentions that several of these paladins serve Bel.
"Some of these paladins go so far as to consort with the powers of the Nine Hells, valuing the rule of law over the balm of mercy. The archdevil Bel, warlord of Avernus, counts many of these paladins – called hell knights – as his most ardent supporters. Hell knights cover their armor with trophies taken from fallen enemies, a grim warning to any who dare oppose them and the decrees of their lords. These knights are often most fiercely resisted by other paladins of this oath, who believe that the hell knights have wandered too far into darkness."

Hello there.
T
T
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire

Thats not too said i don't hope there is going to be a friendlier female Li, but she isn't it.

Sigh, I'm not looking for another Aerie, but if Shadowheart is the friendliest of the female companions I'm going to be disappointed! smile (and I like Shadowheart)

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by trengilly
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire

Thats not too said i don't hope there is going to be a friendlier female Li, but she isn't it.

Sigh, I'm not looking for another Aerie, but if Shadowheart is the friendliest of the female companions I'm going to be disappointed! smile (and I like Shadowheart)

Well if we can snap her out of her obvious Sharification you may be in luck

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard