Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
Humans. Lots and lots of humans. Charming, quiet villages with cows and chickens. Mills and farms and bakeries and a lone temple of Helm. With humans in them.

As it stands, it's a little too diverse for me. In act one you go from Dragon-riding Githyanki to Mind Flayers to Devils and Imps to Goblins and Worgs to Tieflings to Druids [which of course are represented by only two humans] to Goblins, Trolls, a Svirneblin and then a Half-Ogre in process... Then, unto Drow, Duergar, Myconids, Minotaurs, a Bullette... Where are all the humans?

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
Q
stranger
stranger
Q
Beholders
Dragons
Liches
Aboleth
Flumphs!

W
veteran
veteran
W
There is one particular creature I want to meet: that super chill, casual beholder from BG2 and ToB. He was great.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Orcs. That is the one race I feel like is missing.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Tabaxi for sure.

Rouoko Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by rodeolifant
Humans. Lots and lots of humans. Charming, quiet villages with cows and chickens. Mills and farms and bakeries and a lone temple of Helm. With humans in them.

As it stands, it's a little too diverse for me. In act one you go from Dragon-riding Githyanki to Mind Flayers to Devils and Imps to Goblins and Worgs to Tieflings to Druids [which of course are represented by only two humans] to Goblins, Trolls, a Svirneblin and then a Half-Ogre in process... Then, unto Drow, Duergar, Myconids, Minotaurs, a Bullette... Where are all the humans?

Probably in Amn and Baldur's Gate

Yea, answering this question would require more space than what's available. For right now, I would be happy if they included all the races, sub-races, classes and sub-classes from the players handbook. Getting bards, barbarians, druids (which would make interaction in the druid grove interesting), paladins and the like would be awesome. After that patches can be released with races and sub-classes from xanathar's and the like.

Critters wise, again, there are so many options to choose from. I know a lot of people think trying to stay to the D&D universe is a bit restrictive, but there are soooo many options to choose from. Kobolds would be cool. Especially a whole clan of them and being able to interact with the little shytes. :P

Well, among the playable races, in addition to those listed in the PHB, I personally would like to see Levistus tiefling, aasimars (especially the fallen ones) and goblins.
Of the creatures listed in the bestiary, I would like to see giants (I wonder how they implement this), beholders, aboleths and brainstealer dragon.
And given the presence of githyanki dragonrider in the game and one of the companions seeks to become one of them... Brainstealer dragon would look logical.

Last edited by BuckettMonkey; 28/10/20 12:22 PM.

Hello there.
addict
addict
I wanna see some of the more quintessentially DnD things like mimics and gelatinous cubes.

I'd also love to have a tribe of Lizardfolk at some point. They're a good race for a game like this as you can make a good case for both fighting against them and working with them depending on your character's point of view.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by rodeolifant

Ha! Yes, Beregost is where I want to retire. Right next to the bakery, because it always smells so good in the morning. For creature encounters, how about a will-o-wisp? They like to live near swamps and bakeries. In fact, I think I see one in the alley right over here! Let me just reach in and ... zzzzt.

old hand
old hand
..Aaah, yes. With all its people, and their accumulated wealth, yes? And a tavern for every two houses, a smithy that sells everything you could hope for and a funny dwarf with a fat, juicy illegal con stat. Hope we get to see it again in that full three dee glory, because now we can talk to the chickens, eavesdrop from the rooftops and converse with Silke's corpse about the good old days.

Speaking of things to converse with.. Not exactly a creature, but I'm still looking for the +12 Hackmaster.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Blackwidow
I want to meet a mimic. I want to reach for a chest or try to open a door and POW, it's a mimic!

Want a dose of Dark Souls in your BG3 game do we? We can be friends!

old hand
old hand
That has been a D&D creature since... D&D existed.

old hand
old hand
Mimics would be great. Could have instead of pickpocketing vendors a chest in front of them with their goods. The chest has a chance of being a mimic. smile
Would also like orcs, Shadar-Kai, more Drow, demons and varying types of undead. More deities as well.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
I'm a fan of fey creatures, so any fey would be lovely to meet (other then Ethel and the redcaps), of course I would really love love *love* to play as eladrin
Modrons would also be amusing to meet.

old hand
old hand
Golems, Homunculus, krenshar, nothic, & demogorgon

Devas were a race in 4e, I don't know if they made it to 5e or not.

Last edited by fallenj; 30/10/20 09:19 AM.
old hand
old hand
Oh. Giants. Any kind, so long as you refrain from setting an entire mountain on fire; I hate that crap. But... Giants! Hill, Stone, Cyclops...... Oh, Ettins. I love Ettins.

Otyughs. We had one in a game as kids named Dookie Monster (who talked like Cookie Monster) and it amuses me to this day.

apprentice
apprentice
I'd love to encounter a helpful Silver Dragon of any age category, really.

Modrons are always a plus, Rogue or otherwise!

Ankhegs would be a nice callback to the original game, too.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Malicia, with the basque, top hat and whip.....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard