Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#722574 30/10/20 07:17 AM
N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
My dude's grove was a shit show, he had harpy's wit in spitting distance and a hells dammed hag chilling out. Then when he finds a tadpol inside of the Drow leading the goblins he thinks its a bright idea to leave and investigate without telling anyone?

Oh yeah And the grove was nearly out of food during all of this as well. now wonder Kagha went and started the ritual

Last edited by N7Greenfire; 30/10/20 07:18 AM.
addict
addict
To be fair, monster attacks have been growing in frequency. We walk in on the first goblin attack on the grove but they mention other monsters. More than likely the harpies are a new addition.

Hag has probably been around a while though. They're pretty hard to get rid of.

old hand
old hand
Still, he promised that boar a mate. But what does he do? He goes off; gallavanting the Sword Coast.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
stranger
stranger
I'm tempted to say that Silvanus is largely natural, and that harpies and hags are somewhat part of the natural order, but ...

Well, yeah, he isn't perfect. He probably doesn't have much time inbetween the mad reps he has to do to keep swole.

N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
The Harpy's looked pretty well established though, Hdawg gets captured just after the Ship crashes. The Grove was already pretty much out of food at that point
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
To be fair, monster attacks have been growing in frequency. We walk in on the first goblin attack on the grove but they mention other monsters. More than likely the harpies are a new addition.

Hag has probably been around a while though. They're pretty hard to get rid of.

The Harpy's looked pretty well established though, Hdawg gets captured just after the Ship crashes. The Grove was already pretty much out of food at that point he really messed up on the logistics i dont think he cut out for being grove head, he pretty much says he hated it after he bails to join you

N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
Originally Posted by rodeolifant
Still, he promised that boar a mate. But what does he do? He goes off; gallavanting the Sword Coast.

Gotta leave some class interactions for druids i guess.

T
T
Halsin is only 4th level, clearly he lacks the necessary job experience to successfully run a druid circle. wink

N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
Originally Posted by trengilly
Halsin is only 4th level, clearly he lacks the necessary job experience to successfully run a druid circle. wink

5th level, but yeah, the story shows he clearly isnt cut out to lead the grove, i wonder if the Shadow Curse messed him up, or if the circle's leadership got decimated and he had to take over?

old hand
old hand
The game is very liberal with level and place in the world, even by 5E standards. I mean, Hells [literally], storywise this is not a low level campaign. All of the origin stories, including that of blank Tav, are way too epic for level one characters. If I were to come up with Wyll or Gale at the table, the DM would go; "Whoah, there cowboy. Tone it down a bit."

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
I still can't get over him slaughtering the goblin children. That is not the action of a good or even neutral person.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire

The Harpy's looked pretty well established though, Hdawg gets captured just after the Ship crashes. The Grove was already pretty much out of food at that point he really messed up on the logistics i dont think he cut out for being grove head, he pretty much says he hated it after he bails to join you

There were only a few harpies and a couple nests. They could've only appeared in the last month or so. Which would align with all the refugees who the druids seem to think are attracting more creatures to the grove than they've ever had to deal with before.

Which also makes sense. Harpies and gnolls like to eat sapient creatures. No large population of people on the roads no gnolls and harpies. Granted we know the gnolls, goblins, and drow seem to be a product of the Absolute, which Halsin had been studying for quite a while according to Nettie. So all this has been going on for longer than we've been in the area.

As for food, that is just kind of what happens when a huge population of foreign people move into a region without an abundance of farmlands. The druids likely lived off the land and what their magic could provide. Druid groves tend to be sparsely populated. They wouldn't be able to sustain however many tieflings showed up on their front door for long, and the food shortage is probably what encouraged Halsin to risk his life to get to the bottom of this sudden rise of monsters in his region in the first place.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Callimachus
I still can't get over him slaughtering the goblin children. That is not the action of a good or even neutral person.

He's a Druid. Circle of life.

journeyman
journeyman
I actually don't trust him. This game makes pretty darn sure that you don't easily trust people. A lot of people have hidden agendas. Too many, in fact.

If you talk to the adventurer idiots later, the leader says Halsin was gung-ho about joining them when he learns about the Nightsong under the temple and seemed more interested in THAT. He then later wants to join you when you go close to that relative location too and puts someone nameless in charge in his stead. He also kept putting off talking about your tadpole just to tell you to go somewhere else after all that you do for him and the grove.

old hand
old hand
Right, because good adventurers rarely go into dangerous areas to claim a magic artefact of worth and power.

Kagha is right about him, but Halsin is a normal person like everyone else.

He still is one of my favourite characters though <3.

addict
addict
When I saw the title I thought someone had read the crumbled note in his lab that
revealed he was responsible for Ketheric turning to Shar by pushing him away after causing him grief.

Last edited by azarhal; 30/10/20 12:19 PM.
old hand
old hand
That many druids should easily be able to make enough goodberries to feed all those refugees with no real strain.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
My dude's grove was a shit show, he had harpy's wit in spitting distance and a hells dammed hag chilling out. Then when he finds a tadpol inside of the Drow leading the goblins he thinks its a bright idea to leave and investigate without telling anyone?

Oh yeah And the grove was nearly out of food during all of this as well. now wonder Kagha went and started the ritual

All his preaching of liberalism and tolerance got the druids nowhere! Vote Kagha today!

Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
That many druids should easily be able to make enough goodberries to feed all those refugees with no real strain.

I was just going to say, Goodberries, and Create Food and Water. Problem solved. smile Low level spells, could keep everyone fed for a very long time. But, I guess they needed a reason to want to throw out the teiflings. It would be interesting if one of the druids mentioned about the spells though, and was like, "Hmmm... Wonder why Kagha doesn't just go that route?" grin

Last edited by Vortex138; 30/10/20 03:10 PM.
N
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
Can they just indefinitely conjure food with no input cost though?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard