Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
old hand
old hand
D
You are contributing lines to me that ive never said. Or are misinterpreting what I said. But my apolagies. I misunderstood a topic in the feedback and suggestions forums to be about that. Must have been mistaken.

My bad!

L
addict
addict
L
Sorry if it’s here and I missed it, but one of the biggest reasons it feels just like DOS1/2 to me is they’ve used the same font throughout. Same font with same outline effect, at the same sizes for all three games. The dialogue choice list during conversations follows all the exact same layout too, down to how the tag options are presented eg [DROW] and the same use of asterisks. Definitely makes it feel like a DOS sequel.

old hand
old hand
I just love how, in a thread titled "List of why BG 3 feels like DoS 3" people get upset about how it feels to someone else. I'd quote some, but the absolute mess of some of the posts would take forever to clean up, and if I'm going to be a copy editor, I'll need to get paid for it.

So clearly we cannot have a BG game where the PC is captured, in a cell, at the beginning of the game, because DOS did it. Wait, that can't possibly be right, can it? Didn't we already have a BG game that starts out that way? In fact, aren't there actually 2? Doesn't Dragonspear start out the same way? Then there's BG 2 as well, right?

We also clearly can't have a BG game where we get the bulk of our companions early. Oh, wait, that can't be right either, because, yet again, we have not one, but two games where that happens, Dragonspear and BG 2. "but Rob, we meet more companions later". Hey, that's a very valid point, we do, at least in BG 2, can't say for Dragonspear. Of course, the problem with this argument should be blatantly obvious, should be, but apparently it's not: We had the full game then, we don't now. Now if one has some insider information about how the rest of Act I, Act II and Act III play out, do share. If not, this doesn't seem to be a very valid point.

But 6 man parties! Yeah, that was definitely an option, but what about those of us that did solo runs in BG/BG 2? Were we suddenly not playing BG any more? What about those of us that played in MP with only 4 players, and no NPCs? Were we doing it wrong? Are you really telling me "Look Rob, you can't play BG w/out having a party size of 6"? Could we have more party members? Sure, why not. However, none of the conversations I've ever had about BG were focused on the number of characters in the party, until I came here. We did talk about the characters themselves, but not the number of people that were required in the party to make it a BG game, until I came here. You know what that honestly tells me? That it's not the party size that's the issue, it's here. It's fine that one believes "it doesn't feel like a BG game", but in that vein, telling someone else "it's not about the feelings, it's fact" is counterproductive, and I've laid out exactly why right here in this post. It is about the feels, the topic title is pretty clear on that, right?

As a side note, providing feedback is the purpose of this sub forum. That doesn't mean, however, that one gets to provide their feedback, and nobody else is allowed to discuss it, because the discussion itself is also feedback. If one wants to provide that feedback free from other forum members responding to it, one can simply use the Feedback button on the launcher. It's private, and the only ones that will respond to it are, in fact, the developers.

addict
addict
@Isaac

I've read every single post in this thread( Believe me or not lol. You guys are talkative when it comes to BG vs DOS) and I'm missing one thing.
I think what you're trying to achieve is to make a list of " what does it mean to play bg". What exactly creates this feeling of " It's not what I expected". And since it's mostly a subjective thing it's gonna be hella difficult to decide which ones among those 70+ points are ignorable to a BG fan. Most importantly the way the forum works already does it for you.

Is my above assumption correct? I'm trying to prove it below.

You outlined the steps below :
"Step 1 - Was the 'thing' something that does exist in DoS?
Step 2 - Was the 'thing' something that is well known for existing in DoS?
Step 3 - Was the 'thing' something that does exist in BG?
Step 4 - Was the 'thing' something that is well known for existing in BG?
Step 5 - How often have I experienced the 'thing' being discussed?
"

1+2) I understand we will end up with a list of features that are similar between BG3 and DOS2. The one you created is already quite impressive.

2+3)Then we compare BG3 and BG2 to see if it was there. You kinda did it in the discussion altought not the way you imagined so let's say this is something that remains to be done.

5)Most of those will after me lead to discovering that QoL improvements over 20 years are more numerous than we imagined. We will be left with a few points which are things that should be addressed (and already are since they come from this forum and the hot topics are in a separate thread to make sure everyone sees them).

Example :

A)Not managing a quiver of 700+ arrows makes it feel " not like BG". Less micro. Less immersion. Less control. Those arrows appear from thin air? It's silly. But it means less clicking. Less clicking. It's actually better, I don't want to have to manage that. Ever. Despite the fact that I'm 100% conscious this is breaking my immersion every time my archer attacks. Some will agree, some will disagree.

B) Barrel mancy? Well we had off-screen fog mancy in BG.... yeah but it was a spell... And you could choose not to use it. It wasn't cheese. At least it was an immersive cheese. Wait...So barrels are an non-immersive cheese. We don't want barrels.

Based on the above, if someone feels it's a serious problem, they make a thread on the forum. If it ends up having countless pages and new answers popping off then clearly it's something to consider. A lot of people feel moved by the subject. If it gets forgotten...well... too bad.

A good example can be my thread about random encounters. Seemed important to me but Larian clearly is not going in that direction and most people reaction to the thread was "meh".

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.

Ok.

robertthebard
We all get a feeling is a feeling and everyone can have different one, etc.
However this argument have is limits.

Because "feelings" don't pop-up out of nowhere. "feelings" result of a group of parameters and that is a fact.
"feelings" are the results of a lot of parameters. Some the devs have no control on it (like your pesonnal background, etc) and others they have control on it like... all the game design.

So, this thread have no more intention than compiling the parameters which participate to give the DoS feeling.
Nothing more.

People can argue about the pertinence of one or more of this parameters.
But, people should keep in mind than this post in NOT a complain post and is NOT a list of what should be modified.

This is not about "is this parameter a good one in the game ?" it's about "did this parameter participate to the DoS feeling ?" and that's all for this topic !

It's just a list of what participate to give the DoS feeling.
The OP didn't say all this parameters should be modified. He just said "here is a list of what makes BG3 feel like DoS.
And the list is pretty accurate.

virion,
Yep, the arrow management could be another paramater to add. Does it mean it have to be changed ? I don't think so but this is not the point of this topic.
The point is "arrows management" participate to the general feeling as for the random encounters.

It would be really more interesting to argue about this list than about should Larian do or not do it because this is not what this list is about.

We could too discuss about which points could change the feelings. It could be interesting as long as it doesn't become a argument over the ressources, the will, the difficulty, the time of Larian.
Just a pure and theorical discussion about it.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zefhyr

Yep, the arrow management could be another paramater to add. Does it mean it have to be changed ? I don't think so but this is not the point of this topic.
The point is "arrows management" participate to the general feeling as for the random encounters.

It would be really more interesting to argue about this list than about should Larian do or not do it because this is not what this list is about.

We could too discuss about which points could change the feelings. It could be interesting as long as it doesn't become a argument over the ressources, the will, the difficulty, the time of Larian.
Just a pure and theorical discussion about it.

Put this way it makes way more sense. Definitely. I thought about it for a long time before publishing this post. And I think what we are trying to achieve is get an as objective as possible description of BG2 success.

Putting aside "The list" for now, it becomes more a question of what made BG BG?

Sven in one of his interviews said something very smart regarding this subject." I don't think what was in the game actually mattered. What materred is they redefined what is an RPG. And we have to do the same. Somehow."

I think he was correct. I played BG2 each year for +/- 15 years before I got bored.
I could spend hours listing all the things that made me redo the same game over and over. And hours listing reasons for which I won't install it again. The very same reasons for which I played POE2 once and will never come back to it again.

My point is If you add to BG3 everything that made BG2 great you will obtain a game from 2000 with 3d graphics.So there has to be more to it. We will discuss if further in details , point by point. But this is my starting point.

BG3 needs to give us something that no other title managed to provide us. Including BG2. I think those who see this game as DOS3 want the "WOW" effect. Cause that's what BG2 gave us. (And that's why Bioware cancelled BG3...).

Regarding Larian resources I couldn't agree more. It's for them to decide what they can or cannot do.

Regarding the list:
It will take time. I will give it a try later in the week probably to go through point 3+4. It's supposed to be a point by point statement so there's really nothing to discuss. It has to be done.

Then we can try to engage on #5 even if i have no idea how we're supposed to do it for now. I think we should replace this by " Was there something in BG2 that ISN'T present in BG3. ".

All of the above is more of the data for brainstorming.

All of this should lead to step #6 : Which of the items could/should be changed. Those are ...design decisions. They are subjective by nature. But that's why we are on this forum. Hopefully we will be able to agree on a list of bullet points.

Basically only step 6 is the start of the discussion.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
S
addict
addict
S
I'm a fan of DOS2, the original BG and D&D and though I agree with several points of this list, I strongly disagree with just as many. The list comes across as a bit of a DOS2 haters thread tbh.

I don't care one iota that the narrator had a small role in DOS2 - she is OUTSTANDING (as indeed the narrator of DOS2 also was). Some of the criticism seems contradictory; like wanting less useless loot (agree strongly - incentivizes anti-RP "loot goblinism") while wanting more detailed (useless) loot/books (disagree strongly - snooze fest!).

The list would be served with re-organizing and perhaps linking to separate threads where issues can be better explained/discussed though.

My top personal BG3 EA pet peeves:
1. HATE the overly convoluted loot/gear/environmental effect focus which distracts from the class focus.
2. HATE the lack of day/night cycle. For storyline/progression purposes it detracts from BG3 in a way it did not in DOS2. Enables random ambushes etc.
3. HATE the cumbersome party movement system. If one character jumps/hides the rest should follow automatically if able and chained/grouped. Stop needless milling about when changing active character. Make clicking on portrait to change active character more responsive.

Last edited by Seraphael; 30/10/20 03:36 PM.

virion, it's a pleasure to read your comments.
I'm happy if you better understand what is the point of this topic because there is a lot of topic which complain but this one isn't and it's why I like him more.

I think the sentence of Sven is really... risky.

If by " I don't think what was in the game actually mattered." Sven means they don't have to keep the places, the story, the npc, etc. I'll say hell yeah, sure.
But if it means they don't care about what constitue the core of the game it's a fail, from my point of view.

If by "What materred is they redefined what is an RPG. And we have to do the same. Somehow." Sven means they have to do something amazing and which will become a reference without loosing the essence of the serie, so yeah, sure, obviously it's a good idea.
But if it means they don't care about the legacy of BG and jsut want to "redefine what is an RPG" so it's a BIG fail. Cause I don't get why take the licence so.

I mean when Redprojekt did The Witcher 3, they "redefine what is an RPG" but they did it without forgetting the legacy from the two first opus.

If they just want to "redefine the rpg" I don't know why they ask for the BG licence (except for the huge fan base and money) ?

We see a lot of games which "redefined" rpgs or fps, or rtc or etc. And they do it as stand-alone or as "game+1".
But doing something who redefined the rpg doesn't mean you have to forget the legacy of the precedent opus. On the contrary, I think they will hardly create something legendary without gathering the expectations from both DoS and BG gamers.

addict
addict
Zephyr : Well...I think the same, hence why I'm willing to get involved in this discussion. I think we can reach some kind of interesting conclusions. Hard to proceed before what's described above is done.

They took the license...well cause wider playerbase. And because half of their crew knows this game. They are BG fans just as anyone else who ever touched an RPG and is more than 15 years old. Doing BG3 instead of DOS3 was a reasonable risk thought. He wouldn't take the license if he didn't think they can do it.

Fun fact, when CD-Projekt did witcher 3 .... they got a lawsuit from the writer of the The Witcher book series. The story is long and in truth everyone thinks the writer is basically silly( he had the choice to sell it for 10% of all income for the next 15 years from everything sold with WITCHER in it's name or take 10k dollars. He chose option 2. He regrets it). The thing is someone didn't respect the rules from the book XD. By far. By the time Witche 3 happens wticher was supposed to be dead lol.

Jokes aside, if they want to reach the 90% score and legendary status for the next 20 years then I assume making both sides of the community happy is the way to go. We'll see if it all boils down to " getting closer to BG2". Maybe it does. .

old hand
old hand
Hopefully it doesn't. Build upwards, not sideways. If I wanted BG 2, instead of something new, I've got it, 3 times including the EE.

addict
addict
I’ve not played dos games so I sit slightly outside the topic, but I played D&D for many years back in the day & this game is certainly hitting the mark for me in that space.
I can throughly understand why players of dos who are lovers of d&d or not would want a different feel to the game.
However if dos2 is highly regarded as one of the best ever rpgs and larian has created a new dos engine for this game wouldn’t it be obvious that they would take things that gave them success previously and add some of that to this bg3 game.
The team clearly enjoys d&d and is working hard to create something very special here - but it is a pretty tricky beast to please both hard core d&d fans and at the same time leave out much of larian influences from what they know is a winning formula.
I think with time & feedback it will land somewhere in between & that’s fine with me - maybe not so for purists - but is it really reasonable to expect any different?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Isaac Springsong
To be clear, this is not for stating changes to the base rules of 5e or even decrying some of these elements. This is to create a master list of all the elements of the game that make it ‘feel’ like a DoS game, rather than a Baldur’s Gate/D&D game, given that it is such a popular forum topic. I also acknowledge that I have shamelessly stolen many of these items from other posters, I cannot thank you all enough. Generally speaking, here is the logical process I used for inclusion on this list:

Step 1 - Was the 'thing' something that does exist in DoS?
Step 2 - Was the 'thing' something that is well known for existing in DoS?
Step 3 - Was the 'thing' something that does exist in BG?
Step 4 - Was the 'thing' something that is well known for existing in BG?
Step 5 - How often have I experienced the 'thing' being discussed?

I will keep this list updated if people wish to add to/remove from it:

1. Choice of color palette
2. Origin characters vs NPC companions
3. All Origin characters discovered nearly immediately in the game rather than organically throughout the entire story.
4. World full of meaningless items
5. World full of meaningless containers/locked chest with very little of value in them
6. Battles based in the environment and not in Character Class
7. Height (King of the Hill gameplay)
8. Backstab (only lacking the ground indicator from DoS)
9. Removing Class identity by making each character a Swiss Army knife, able to do everything (converting many Actions into Bonus Actions that normally only a Rogue would have, all classes can use scrolls, all classes have massive mobility in combat due to Jump, etc.)
10. Exactly the same starting pattern. Start as a prisoner on the vessel (boat/nautiloid) of our mentally flogging enemies (Magisters/Mindflayer). Vessel is attacked and we must take advantage of this to escape. Only everything does not go as planned and we fall off (void/water) and we are saved from dying by a mysterious force. Then we arrive on a beach and we wake up. Proceed to small settlement nearby.
11. Barrelmancy
12. Surfaces *everywhere*
13. Surfaces having overpowered effects beyond just damage
14. Food everywhere that is better healing than everything else
15. Encounter design that assumes you are fully rested for each fight.
16. Every fight involves flashy gimmicks and enemies using a host of special items (elemental arrows, grenades, healing potions)
17. No normal enemies
18. Reused DoS items that don’t exist in D&D 5e (Trap Kit)
19. Succeeding on a thieving check but the target magically knows you stole from them a few seconds later.
20. Enemies have insanely high HP values, needlessly lengthening combat
21. Chaining party members and movement system
22. Shared inventory space
23. Inventory management and UI
24. Swap any gear on and off in combat
25. Screen shake on ability selection, regardless of activation
26. Overly flashy effects for mundane actions (Jump, etc)
27. Stealth sight cones
28. Swap spells nearly at-will
29. Limited to 1 summon per character
30. Being knocked prone ends your turn
31. Turn Based vs Real Time with Pause
32. Overpowering low level characters via magic items (Doubling Magic Missiles damage)
33. Closeup character models for Portraits
34. Teleportation fast travel accessible from anywhere
35. Narrator’s voice is Malady from DoS 2
36. Normal attack with duel-wielding weapons attacks with both at the same time
37. Reused ability names and animations (Great Weapon Master is called “All In”)
38. Same highlighting mechanic of climbable surfaces
39. Same blocky item reveal UI that doesn’t actually show the item (pressing Alt)
40. Same revealing a hidden item graphic
41. Terrible pathing that will lead to allies unintentionally walking over surfaces and traps
42. Merchant UI
43. Giving free items to the merchant increases your ‘likeable’ score for that merchant, resulting in lower prices
44. Stealing from someone with one character while you are talking to them with another character
45. Giant contiguous maps rather than small and more discrete maps
46. 4 party limit
47. Same map and minimap UI (showing interactable ground, map markers)
48. Hotbar UI (primarily functionality)
49. Resurrection mechanics, animation (being able to magically teleport someone when resurrecting them)
50. Needing to double click to cast ‘self’ range spells
51. Inability to target party members for spells/abilities via their portrait
52. No non-combat exp or reward for avoiding combat
53. Only able to customize 1 character at the beginning
54. Excessively long ‘AI thinking’ delays in combat
55. Lockpicking progress bar
56. Most books and item descriptions extremely short
57. No need to identify magic items
58. Showing the percentage to-hit
59. Being able to right click on an enemy an ‘examine’ them to learn all of their stats
60. Moving cursor around a target can change whether you hit the target or the ranged attack is intercepted.
61. Companions completely block movement
62. Same party management UI in multiplayer
63. No day/night cycle, it’s always the same time of day in the location
64. Cannot adjust starting gear
65. Overabundance of magic items that remove the need to pick certain spells or abilities (Amulets for Speak with Dead, Misty Step, staff with Create Water, etc.)
66. No Fog of War
67. Ability to keep one or more party members out of combat via Stealth
68. No tracking of normal arrows
69. Wallhack scouting via camera manipulation
70. Aimbotting AI (automatically knowing which party member has the ‘least’ in a defensive stat and focusing solely on them)
71. No random encounters
72. Infinitely summonable Zombie companion
*edits below*
73. Access to enemy statistics by "Examining" them. (Note: DoS has this mechanic but locks some information behind spending points a particular skill, while BG did not have this at all).
74. Main theme music (credit to Endolex for demonstrating the audible difference a BG based theme would sound like -> https://soundcloud.com/endolex/baldurs-gate-iii-alternate-main-menu-arrangement)

First of all great list. Thank you combining these points.
I would like to add a point.
XX. No interesting magic battles with protections that need to be removed before you can do damage.
I understand it is early acces and you cannot get to a high level spells. But I also hope they don't forget to add it later on.

D
D
I think we who agree with this thread shall all send this list to Larian through the feedback form smile

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
There y'all go, edited the OP to remove about 90% of the negative responses in this thread.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
How do people feel about adding:

- 100% chance to hit attacks and spells still intercepted by terrain between attacker and target

To me that's a trait of DoS (can't count how many times attacks were intercepted by terrain even though there was no tooltip) and I've seen it come up a handful of times now in different posts.

enthusiast
enthusiast
A good list OP, even if a lot of people seem to disagree.

I would, personally add another point:

DOS2 act 1 ends on a boat ride out of Fort Joy, BG3 EA also ends on a small boat ride to the Moonrise Towers. Currently we have no other ways to get to MT other than that raft in the Underdark, but obviously that is a subject to change once Larian opens up the other 2 paths to MT - the mountain pass and the forest path.

And as to all these feeling conversations going on.
1. Does BG3 feel like a D&D game set in the Forgotten Realms? Sure.

2. Does it feel like a Baldur's Gate game? Currently? Not really.

3. Does BG3 feel like a DOS game? Yep.

To explain myself:

1. It does have the lore clearly, references to things that had happened in the FR. Faerunian gods are more or less present. The races, the xenophobia of the drow. It's all there. The monsters. This list could go on forever. But yes, it does have the feeling of a D&D game. So Larian doesn't really need to do much more than polish the stuff we currently have, fix those low lvl 'archdruids' and 'red dragons' clearly. Fix the HP bloating, and the game will be in a really good state D&D wise.

2. Aside from the shared title and the promise of visiting the city in the future? Ehh... that's the thing.

In BG1 you start off doing mundane tasks for the people in your life - you can help Firebeard get his identify scroll back (or you can be a dick and keep it), you can get an antidote for Dreppin's cow, help a guard get his sword (without alerting his superior that he's got a hangover and forgot it - or you can be a massive douchebag and spill the guard's secret to his superior). There are those assassins of course who want your head, rats in a cellar. All of this servers as the perfect tutorial - on movement, on combat, quest rewards, quest experience and all that juicy stuff. It's all introduced to the player gradually, you get a feeling of home (more or less) from the tutorial zone at Candlekeep, you get some worrisome rumors about iron shortage, but you don't really feel them as of yet. You also meet the closest person you have to a sister - Imoen. Then, you follow your father figure out of the 'gilded fortress' and you lose him, are introduced to your nemesis as well, and with no way of going back to Candlekeep you set out to figure out what's going on (as a lead you can choose to loot Gorion's body and get his letter from Elminster, the one pointing you towards Khaleed and Jaheira). From that point, you are free to do as you choose.

BG2, sure, you start off as a prisoner, you meet your captor and nemesis in the first minute of the game. Then you grasp an opportunity when Imoen (closest thing to a sister eh? wink ) frees herself and gets an opportunity to free you. Again, you can free Minsc and Jaheira that are locked in the same room as you, or you can be a douche and leave them in their cages. And just like Candlekeep of BG1, Irenicus' prison serves 2 purposes - a tutorial zone (for people who skipped BG1 perhaps) and to introduce you to Irenicus (via journals, his experiments, Ellesime's room + clones), to give you a reason to hate him, a singular purpose that would drive you forward. And while, you start off at lvl 9+ in BG2, the monsters you meet aren't too outlandish for your lvl.

Conclusion being - both BG games have a similar starting zones, BG1 you are just a newbie trying to understand what's happening and why, it grounds you, gives you a reason to care about your foster father's imminent death, and introduces Sarevok perfectly and gives you a good reason to seek justice/vengeance/revenge for what Sarevok has done. Same goes for BG2, but you have a more personal reason to hate Irenicus, after all, he experimented on YOU and your friends got caught in the crossfire.

BG3 you start off abducted with a mind flayer tadpole in your head, aboard nautiloid, luckily freed from the holding pods by the confusion and damage caused by the dragon riders, we are free to explore, there are a lot of dead mind flayers scattered around, there are a lot of intellect devourers running around and on top of that the mind flayers decided it was a good idea to plane jump into Avernus, of all things, we don't know why they chose the hells and not some other plane but fine, the githyanki dragon riders are not easily lost, even in the goddamn hells, sure, we get to fight low lvl imps while in Avernus, we encounter a mind flayer dueling some devils, we get ordered to use the transponder we get to the helm and plane jump back to the prime material plane and we conveniently crash land on a beach, we somehow survive the fall from the ship, caaaaaaause magic tadpole I guess? But is not all, still at lvl 1, we get to explore a bit of the beach and fight off goddamn intellect devourers?

WHOEVER THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO START THE GAME LIKE THAT? DOESN'T IT ALL SOUND HELLA CONTRIVED TO ANYONE WHO HAS ANY IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON? FOR BEING A DAMN TUTORIAL ZONE NO LESS?

Doesn't it at all sound like one of these 'chosen one' stories? No? And from the get go no less. Sure, Gorion's ward was a chosen one, but (s)he had no idea at the very beginning of the journey.

Watching dragon riders, fire explosions, the mindflayer duel with a devil - it's all a pretty flashy spectacle, if highly inappropriate for a start of a lvl 1 newbie campaign. Also, in contrary to previous BG games, we don't have a clear nemesis. Not a single figurehead to hate, sure, we can hate githyanki, can hate the devils and demons of Avernus, can hate the mind flayers. Mind you we don't even hear of 'the Absolute' until later in the act. There is nobody like Sarevok or Irenicus to absolutely despise for what they've done.

Sorry for this long post, but it's the reason why, for me personally, BG3 doesn't really have that BG feeling. Starting zone alone looks like a (bad) DMs wet dream. Also, the PC of BG3 shouldn't even be alive, but fine, magic tadpole.

3. I think that OP has captured the feeling of DOS in BG3 better, so. wink

Last edited by Nicottia; 31/10/20 06:58 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Isaac Springsong
How do people feel about adding:

- 100% chance to hit attacks and spells still intercepted by terrain between attacker and target

To me that's a trait of DoS (can't count how many times attacks were intercepted by terrain even though there was no tooltip) and I've seen it come up a handful of times now in different posts.

I feel this is a bug not a feature ^^ From my perspective it would equal to say " Dos2 crashed on launch during Ea, BG3 also. Same feature". You get the idea.

journeyman
journeyman
Great list.

Not everything should change, but definetely worth Larian taking a look.

Most points are already in discussion somewhere in the forums.

addict
addict
This thread should be pinned.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Don't forget it has the same beginning story arc:

1. You are on a ship
2. The ship is destroyed
3. You don't die from the calamity because some unknown power saved you: DOS2 quote "I have plans for you child"
4. You wake up on land
5. You walk around to meet and possibly join your companions
6. You are united with your companions by your ailment (Sorcerer vs tadpole)

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard