Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Irgana Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Hi there! just signed up to report this bug. the last time i played, i set the game to window mode, hoping itd help it run smoother. after closing the game and opening it to play again, it now refuses to launch. the screen is now black and it will hang and do nothing.

since i cant get ito the game to change it back to full-screen, im stuck with an unplayable game. ive tried to verify the game files, but it still kept the settings.

please help, this is my first time playing the game and im stil early on. i was just starting to get into it and id hate to reinstall everything.

Support
Support

Delete or rename the graphicSettings.lsx file, in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' folder, to get the game to recreate it at startup, reverting to the initial fullscreen resolution.

It is also possible to edit the file, in Wordpad or other text editor, to manually change the resolution and display mode.

Search for 'fake' near the start of the file to set the display mode. Edit the number in value="0" or value="1" in the second line after FakeFullscreenEnabled and / or Fullscreen; if both FakeFullscreen and Fullscreen are set to zero, it will be in Window mode).

<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="FakeFullscreenEnabled" type="22" />
<attribute id="Type" value="0" type="5" />
<attribute id="Value" value="0" type="4" />
</node>

(and a couple entries lower)

<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="Fullscreen" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="1" type="4" />
</node>

To change the resolution (though it may be easier changing it in-game if changing the display mode get the game to start), search for 'Height', and edit the resolution in the value="xxxx" terms (shown below for 2560x1600 resolution):

<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="ScreenHeight" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="1600" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="ScreenWidth" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="2560" type="4" />
</node>

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard