Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#722737 30/10/20 11:21 AM
virion Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Not sure about you guys, but I spent 9 months in character creation trying to reroll my stats but my GM didn't allow it smirk

Str: 10 (It's making the game unbalanced for me, i have to pay other NPC to lift my furnitures).
Dex: 13
Condition: 18 ( Helped me tank some crazy shit)
Int: 15 ( i rolled 12 smirk But have an added +3 from studies)
Wisdom: 15( I didn't finish my studies yet)
Charisma: 8 (Unlucky roll)

Now looking at those that would make me a cleric. I should totally go for it, trying to be a bard right now doesn't work well.

How about you guys?

EDIT:

I copied the stats below and calculated the average stats. Here is your average Baldur's Gate III fan :
Str 10
Dex 10
Con 11
Int 13
Wis 13
Cha 12

The highest stats being Intelligence and Wisdom he could try to go mage or cleric I guess but... I don't know. The average guy is just super average ^^.
Not what I expected!

Last edited by virion; 31/10/20 01:27 PM.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
old hand
old hand
STR 16 [Big burly dockworker]
DEX 6 [Again. Big burly dockworker]
CON 14 [I can take a punch, but heavy smoker]
INT 12 [Eh, smarter than the average bear]
WIS 14 [I've been around the block a couple times]
CHA 10 [Fair talker, not a looker]

Oh.. That would make me... A Dwarven Ranger, I guess. Fits with the massive beard.

Last edited by rodeolifant; 30/10/20 11:42 AM.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
S
Banned
Banned
S
Super-cringe topic. Also doesn't have anything to do with the game.

old hand
old hand
You're just annoyed at the fact that your stats come from the Monster Manual.

Here's you:

Troll
Large giant, chaotic evil
Armor Class 15 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points 84 (8d10+40)
Speed 30 ft.
STR
18 (+4) DEX
13 (+1) CON
20 (+5) INT
7 (-2) WIS
9 (-1) CHA
7 (-2)
Skills Perception +2
Senses Darkvision 60 Ft., passive Perception 12
Languages Giant
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
Keen Smell. The troll has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Regeneration. The troll regains 10 hit points at the start of its turn. If the troll takes acid or fire damage, this trait doesn't function at the start of the troll's next turn. The troll dies only if it starts its turn with 0 hit points and doesn't regenerate.
Actions
Multiattack. The troll makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws.
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.
Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (2d6 + 4) slashing damage.

Last edited by rodeolifant; 30/10/20 12:24 PM.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
apprentice
apprentice
Strength: 18/97 (Genetic freak, probably a Barbarians kid)
Dexterity: 13 (Fairly accurate but can’t throw worth a shit)
Constitution: 17 (Nearly unbreakable bones and sturdy just gets winded)
Intelligence: 12 (Not the smartest guy but can figure things out)
Wisdom: 16 (Has learned from his many mistakes)
Charisma: 15 (Nice smile and eyes but says some stupid shit)

So this guy is a Fighter (Berserker) and a sell sword. Willing to go on dangerous missions if it pays. Spends most of his time upgrading his gear and weapons for harder fights.

virion Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by rodeolifant

Here's you:

Troll
Hit Points 84 (8d10+40)
Speed 30 ft.
STR
18 (+4) DEX
13 (+1) CON
20 (+5) INT
7 (-2) WIS
9 (-1) CHA
7 (-2)
Skills Perception +2
Languages Giant
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
Keen Smell. The troll has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.
Regeneration. The troll regains 10 hit points at the start of its turn. If the troll takes acid or fire damage, this trait doesn't function at the start of the troll's next turn. The troll dies only if it starts its turn with 0 hit points and doesn't regenerate.
Actions
Multiattack. The troll makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws.
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.
Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (2d6 + 4) slashing damage.

Couldn't stop laughing, good one.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Str: 14 (I work out)
Dex: 4 (but I have a spinal cord injury)
Con: 10 (I can take a punch but I have a spinal cord injury)
Int: 15 (got me into law school on scholarship)
Wis: 16 (I’m wise enough to see this self-indulgence for what it is)
Cha: 10 (studying contract law, not case law 😂)

I wouldn’t be an adventurer. That’s dangerous. You all have fun. I’ll review your dungeoneering contracts and make sure your estate is properly divided amongst your remaindermen after Beholders turn your skulls inside-out.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
STR 118; stronger than I look, but a bit of a lard-arse. Edit: but I'm not as strong as guys whatever I might like to think.
DEX 4: God I'm clumsy
CON 2: mostly thanks to insomnia, which gave me diabetes, which gave me a heart-attack because "is there anything you can't treat with chocolate?" See also wisdom.
INT 18: probably my one useful trait. Shame there's nothing much to balance it out, so make that potentially useful but still mostly unrealised.
WIS 1: because there's always one, and it's usually me.
CHA 12: not the life and soul of the party, but good at making excuses.

Last edited by vometia; 30/10/20 01:39 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
STR 10 (Painfully average in every regard)
DEX 12 (Fairly dextrous and slightly above-average accuracy and vision)
CON 14 (I'm sturdy and heal remarkably fast)
INT 16 (Bright bordering on gifted, but lazy)
WIS 18 (Tons of varied, harsh life experiences in which I had mentally "taken notes" and learned valuable lessons from every situation which I regularly apply)
CHA 15 (Smooth-talking and sometimes awkward or too blunt, but it generally comes off as endearing)

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Stahlhengst
Super-cringe topic.

I've never liked them. I've seen plenty and been amazed by how many genius demi-gods appear to play D&D.

Also doesn't have anything to do with the game.

Ah well, this IS the General area of the forum. Pretty much anything goes. I quote; "Theories, ideas, concerns, speculation, links, fan fiction... Your heart's desire!"

journeyman
journeyman
Just for giggles.
STR 14 (good ole army years kept me in shape)
DEX 11 (not great but just average. )
CON 12 (Sick probably once a year and pretty sturdy)
INT 10 (just average, grammar and spelling hate me)
WIS 16 (I have loads of life experiences and have gone through a lot)
CHA 12 ( I can be witty and fun to be around. Not ugly but not a handsome devil either.)

So Paladin or Cleric would suit me pretty well.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Ah well, this IS the General area of the forum. Pretty much anything goes. I quote; "Theories, ideas, concerns, speculation, links, fan fiction... Your heart's desire!"

I dunno who wrote that (though I'm the guilty party for the other BG3 descriptions) but yeah, as long as there's some vaguely tangential connection it's fine. Otherwise it goes in general chat.

I also think I may have overstated my wisdom score. It should really be that classic Eurovision condemnation except you can't roll a 0 with dice.

Last edited by vometia; 30/10/20 05:04 PM. Reason: grammar.

J'aime le fromage.
virion Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by vometia

I dunno who wrote that (though I'm the guilty party for the other BG3 descriptions) but yeah, as long as there's some vaguely tangential connection it's fine. Otherwise it goes in general chat.

I also think I may have overstated my wisdom score. It should really be that classic Eurovision condemnation except you can't roll a 0 with dice.

Damn, not sure how you managed to dump wisdom below 8 but I am impressed.

As for the forum category...well yeah. The description is kinda what led me here :P

S
Banned
Banned
S
Originally Posted by virion
Originally Posted by rodeolifant

Here's you:

Troll
Hit Points 84 (8d10+40)
Speed 30 ft.
STR
18 (+4) DEX
13 (+1) CON
20 (+5) INT
7 (-2) WIS
9 (-1) CHA
7 (-2)
Skills Perception +2
Languages Giant
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
Actions

Couldn't stop laughing, good one.

Like this?

[Linked Image]

wink

Super-cringe topic.

I've never liked them. I've seen plenty and been amazed by how many genius demi-gods appear to play D&D.

Yeah, dnd attracts lots of disfunctional people with highly delusional opinions of themselves. I guess it's a psychological coping mechanism?

old hand
old hand
People really overestimate themselves, it seems. 16-18 in a stat means you're among the best that humans have ever been. You should be famous if your stats are that high.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Agreed. D&D 5e says that normal humans have a maximum score of 18 in attributes. Only heroic adventurers (and monsters) can exceed that. Scores of 16-18, therefore, represent the world's best examples in that stat.

As I said, I'm amazed at the D&D-playing genius demi-gods that frequent online forums.

old hand
old hand
Steven Hawking, the Dalai Lama, and Usain Bolt casually hanging out on the Larian forums, nice.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Now, now, be nice.

In my case I may have added a couple of points to my lone good stat to make up for the really bad ones. Which probably are true: chronic insomnia makes everything suck. And on that note I am going to sleep. Sleep: lol, she said, bitterly...

J'aime le fromage.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by vometia
Now, now, be nice.

You're right. I'm in a shitty mood at the moment and being a bit snarky. Not big and not clever.

Apologies.

Last edited by Sadurian; 30/10/20 08:39 PM.
Okay, I'll bite. Here is my IRL D&D stats.

STR 13
DEX 11
CON 12
INT 13
WIS 15
CHA 12

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard