Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JimSB Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
I was playing with the Auntie Ethel encounter and found what seems to be a bug with using Stealth mode. After entering the Ancient Abode, I started crouching and moving between heavily obscured areas. The first time I tried it, the "Surprised" message did appear, but the hag did not. I was able to move down to the Control Globe and free Mayrina, but she behaved as though the hag was still active and would not move from the cage. I was then able to enter the workshop and loot all of the equipment. I restored and tried it again, but had one character stand up out of crouching. In that case the hag did appear. I was able to knock her into the abyss and Mayrina acted as if she was killed.

I also was unable to do anything with the addled frog even after killing the hag. What else is needed?

E
stranger
stranger
E
I too discovered this issue while playing. I took my entire party in stealth, and I strategically placed them around the room. I took my rouge into the treasure and exit room and looted everything. When I came back into the Abode, and was ready to fight, I exited stealth on my primary character and the word "Surprised" appeared but the hag did not.

I free'd Mayrina and tried to talk to her but no conversation would ensue. Nothing happened when I left clicked on her.

I
stranger
stranger
I
I had this happen too but it's not consistent? If I only send one party member in stealth down the tree trunk instead of past where Ethel appears it sometimes works, and sometimes still doesn't trigger even though I get the surprised alert.

Also, stealth freeing Marina after having another having sneaking party member attack the hag while she was in conversation to initiate combat seemed to break her entire script and she just never attacked?

Link Copied to Clipboard