Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Okay, so obviously there are lots of normal "good" humanoid NPCs you can fight, like humans, elves, dwarves, tieflings, etc. I'm not counting those. Also, some non-hostile normal animals around, not counting those either. This is just the list of "monster species" you can potentially fight in the content we have so far. (There are a couple of races that you can make as PCs which I have included here, because they are classically considered an enemy race, such as Githyanki and Drow.)

1. Imp
2. Intellect Devourer
3. Cambion
4. Mind Flayer
5. Skeleton
6. Goblin
7. Warg
8. Bugbear
9. Giant Snake
10. Wolf
11. Harpy
12. Ettercap
13. Phase Spider
14. Ogre
15. Owlbear
16. Gnoll
17. Hyena
18. Redcap
19. Wood Woad
20. Mud Mephit
21. Hag
22. Giant Spider
23. Hobgoblin
24. Drow
25. Spectator
26. Githyanki
27. Red Dragon (kinda)
28. Minotaur
29. Bulette
30. Myconid
31. Duergar
32. Hook Horror
33. Kuo-Toa
34. Arcane Turret
35. Animated Armor
36. Construct

Edit: 37. Flind
Edit 2: 38. Animated Corpses/Zombies

Did I forget any? That's pretty much the order in which I encountered them, and this is from memory.

That's a pretty great variety for just act 1 of the game!

Last edited by Firesnakearies; 30/10/20 06:02 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Another monster from memory: Flind

- Priest
old hand
old hand
Demons that spawn at the end of intro. I don't have 5e books so can't say what they are.

R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by fallenj
Demons that spawn at the end of intro. I don't have 5e books so can't say what they are.

I think you mean cambions

If you mean the devils that appeared in the last fight of the prologue.

Last edited by Rhobar121; 30/10/20 04:17 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Priest
Another monster from memory: Flind

Oh yeah! I forgot the Flind, he was mixed in with the Gnolls.

Phase Spider Queen/Matriarch, boss mob different than regular phase spider by 100ish hps/?

F
addict
addict
F
Zombies? The duergar animate some.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin
Phase Spider Queen/Matriarch, boss mob different than regular phase spider by 100ish hps/?

Yeah she's obviously a lot bigger, but she didn't seem like a whole different type of creature to me.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
There are a couple of races that you can make as PCs which I have included here, because they are classically considered an enemy race, such as Githyanki and Drow.

Man, this is not a paladin game, what classic enemy races are you talking about. Any race created in the editor can become an enemy only at the request of the player.

Many play as drow, they have other classic enemies

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Zombies? The duergar animate some.

Oh yeah I forgot about that!

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
There are a couple of races that you can make as PCs which I have included here, because they are classically considered an enemy race, such as Githyanki and Drow.

Man, this is not a paladin game, what classic enemy races are you talking about. Any race created in the editor can become an enemy only at the request of the player.

Throughout the majority of D&D's history, Drow, Duergar, and (especially) Githyanki have been presented solely or primarily as evil monster races. Almost every time they appear in a book, adventure, or even D&D computer game, it's as evil monsters. Drow have been cleaned up and normalized the most, of course, mostly due to the popularity of Drizzt and how many people want to play as Drow. But even so, most Drow in most products are just antagonists.

addict
addict
Hag should probably be listed as Night Hag (at least judging from her HP) or Green Hag.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Kendaric
Hag should probably be listed as Night Hag (at least judging from her HP) or Green Hag.

I don't think she's a Night Hag. Not sure what kind she is.

addict
addict
I think she's supposed to be a Green Hag, though she has the stats and hitpoints of a Night Hag. It's a bit weird wink

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Well, her stats have more to do with the fact that she's a "boss" rather than her creature type, I think. Like the phase spider matriarch.

addict
addict
I'm voting for Green Hag too.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
I think Auntie Ethel is a "legendary" Green hag. Aunties are powerful hags, and they gain more powerful abilities as a result.

Throughout the majority of D&D's history, Drow, Duergar, and (especially) Githyanki have been presented solely or primarily as evil monster races. Almost every time they appear in a book, adventure, or even D&D computer game, it's as evil monsters. Drow have been cleaned up and normalized the most, of course, mostly due to the popularity of Drizzt and how many people want to play as Drow. But even so, most Drow in most products are just antagonists.

Forgive him. He has a bit of an unhealthy obsession with the drow :P

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Originally Posted by fallenj

I think you mean cambions

If you mean the devils that appeared in the last fight of the prologue.

Ya that's it, I had no clue the name and wouldnt of guessed that one.

old hand
old hand

This is pretty true, if I remember correctly Drow was a monster race in the monster manual for 3.5 & had a level adjustment of +2 to play as one (level adjustment means you would lose or skip a class level equal to lvl adjustment. This happened because, the racials were more potent than normal races). Actually a lot of the races in 5e that people been asking for are monster races in old editions.

3.5 from lowest level adjustment to highest:
Goblin (+0), Orc
Dwarf - Duergar (+1), Lizardfolk, Aasimar, Tiefling, Bugbear, Hobgoblin, Golieth, & Kenku
Yunati (+2), Triton, Gith, Centaur, Elf - Drow, & Minotaur
gnome - deep (+3)

Simic Hybrid - Don't know about this, probably close to a template that was in the monster manual, templates were added to races to make half creatures, vamps and werewolves.

Don't know about Tabaxi, Aarakocra,Tortle, Firbolg, Loxodon, & Vedalken

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard